The Wave breakfast

DVC4bestvacations

Original Poster
I'm looking at the posted breakfast menu for the Wave. There is not a good description for the buffet items. Can some one fill in the blanks for me?

When you dine there do you order off the menu or go for the buffet?

kap91

The wave breakfast is one of my favorite meals on property! I always do the buffet. It's basically just everything that's on the menu plus a few things so if I remember correctly last time that was:

Sweet potato pancakes
Whole wheat Mickey waffles
The freaking best biscuits and gravy known to man
The freaking best cheesy grits known to man
French toast bread pudding
Some omelette
Eggs
Bacon
Chicken sausage
Assorted pastries and breads(beware no Apple - the contemporary doesn't like apples lol)
Fresh made honey pecan butter (good for pancakes)
Smoked salmon
Fresh fruit and yogurt
Oatmeal
Fresh made granola
And I think I'm forgetting a few things.

I really enjoy it - plus for Disney it's relatively cheap, you usually don't need a reservation, and it's really quiet and the food tends to be a little bit different from standard offerings. I highly recommend it.

drwadadli

I'm looking at the posted breakfast menu for the Wave. There is not a good description for the buffet items. Can some one fill in the blanks for me?

When you dine there do you order off the menu or go for the buffet?
Both...you can order from the menu or do the buffet. On our last trip (December 2015) we stayed at GF but took the monorail around to eat at The Wave for breakfast because we liked it so much.

DVC4bestvacations

Original Poster
Actually my daughter and I had breakfast at the Wave on 12/15, We both chose the buffet. For the price I would have like to see more of a selection. None the less we enjoyed our meal and left satisfied. I wouldn't hesitate returning but I would likely order off the menu.

slipperalwaysfits

I am bumping this because I've heard The Wave has a fantastic breakfast. Does anyone know what the breakfast hours are now during COVID-times? We know things may change, but we are looking at a Nov trip and are curious about Breakfast hours...

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I am bumping this because I've heard The Wave has a fantastic breakfast. Does anyone know what the breakfast hours are now during COVID-times? We know things may change, but we are looking at a Nov trip and are curious about Breakfast hours...
Breakfast hours are 7:30-11 am. The menu is limited to 5 entrées and the buffet is not available.

EdnaMode

Awee Man I miss those Cheesy Grits!!

SAME. They are so delicious. Contempo Cafe has also taken them off the menu, though I've never eaten them there because....The Wave. The shrimp and parmesan grits dish at California Grill was pretty good too -- back in the brunch days.

Tomi-Rocket

We did the buffet because most of the a la carte items were on it. It’s my family’s favorite place for breakfast and one of the best on property IMO.

Becky

Breakfast hours are 7:30-11 am. The menu is limited to 5 entrées and the buffet is not available.
Ah but the refillable Mimosa is still on the menu.:cool: $12 for a Mimosa OR $19 for, um we usually drink 3 and get one to go. Really great service. I do not miss the buffet. Like most buffets one eats to much and is then miserable the rest of the day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom