The Wave at the Contemporary Resort

harryk

Original Poster
Have you eaten there?
Considering this December prior to MVMCP. What have you to say about it.
There will be 7 adults, no children.

Yes, absolutely do this with a group of adults!

We went last September with a group of six adults and we just had a blast. The atmosphere was fun but also seemed a bit more up-scale, in a way. Not many children around at all, which, not to bash kids or anything, is something that at this stage in our lives, we really relished.

Food was delicious, and they have an awesome menu of wine flights. If anyone in your group is into wine, this should be a must do!

They also serve dessert samplers, with I think three mini desserts in each. We ordered two samplers to share, but our waitress came out with all three because apparently we hadn't ordered her favorite one, and she wanted us to try it, on her. :)

We were sort of so-so about trying this place, but everyone agreed that this was our best meal of the trip, we're all dying to go back!

Kristamouse

We ate there with 5 adults 2 kids and one baby. It was very good and as a Mom who serves my family organic foods as much as possible I was looking forward to eating here. I had fish and DH had steak we loved both and the kids at their chicken with out complaint. The restruant is more quite and up scale but we did not feel out of place with our children. Nor did any other diners seem to care or notice our family. The wine list was great and my in-laws had a few glasses. We did have to ask for a few straws b/c they were paper other than we would galdly go back.
Enjoy WDW at Christmas, we haven't made down there yet for Christmas but here to hoping!

:sohappy: We love The Wave! It is one of our new favorite places to eat!When we were there in April their were a few families with little ones there noproblem. Our 13 year old loves it too!

fbp

This is all excellent to hear! I'm trying it out on my next trip as well. I'm excited for a wine flight :)

drossjr

Yes, absolutely do this with a group of adults!

We went last September with a group of six adults and we just had a blast. The atmosphere was fun but also seemed a bit more up-scale, in a way. Not many children around at all, which, not to bash kids or anything, is something that at this stage in our lives, we really relished.

Food was delicious, and they have an awesome menu of wine flights. If anyone in your group is into wine, this should be a must do!

They also serve dessert samplers, with I think three mini desserts in each. We ordered two samplers to share, but our waitress came out with all three because apparently we hadn't ordered her favorite one, and she wanted us to try it, on her. :)

We were sort of so-so about trying this place, but everyone agreed that this was our best meal of the trip, we're all dying to go back!

I agree with everything in this post. We went here last year for the first time and it was amazing. great food, great bar selection, great decor and atmosphere. Really upscale feel and quality. Alot of fannie pack wearing counter servie people will say they dont like it, but if you have a good palate and enjoy good dining you will love this place, :wave:

DisneyPhD

We've eaten at the Wave twice, once in March and once in May. Both times, portions were really small. We're not big eaters either. We usually split an appetizer and an entree at most WDW restaurants and it's the perfect amount of food for two of us. In May we ordered a salad and the pork dish. It was two marshmallow sized pieces of meat (overcooked and dry), a small scoop of squash and two pieces of asparagus. Maybe we just ordered the wrong stuff. We've done the same thing at Kouzzina and Kona Cafe and had great meals.:shrug:

Have you eaten there?
Considering this December prior to MVMCP. What have you to say about it.
There will be 7 adults, no children.

I enjoyed it - HOWEVER - The California Grill on the roof of the Contemporary blows it out of the water IMHO. :) Watching the fireworks
alone from the "Top of The World" as it was formerly called is pretty amazing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom