The "Wantilan Luau" @ the Royal Pacific; Any Thoughts?

FLYbyNITE

Original Poster
After staying for the last six years at The Hard Rock Hotel, we have decided to stay at the Royal Pacific Resort this year. Mainly due to the better dining options. We love Emeril’s Tchoup Chop and eat there at least twice per trip so we are confident about this one, but are curious about the “Wantilan Luau”?
We have been to the Polynesian’s “Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show” a few times and have never been really impressed and was wondering how Universal's option stacks up. Last year we did the Cinematic Dinner and Dessert show and it was kind of laughable compared to Disney’s Wishes Dessert Party. At $70.00 a head for Universals “Wantilan Luau” it can be a very expensive mistake.
Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Disneyhead'71

The show is smaller than Disney's (aside from the band, I believe there are 4-5 performers who change costumes and come back out), but the food is much, MUCH better. The band plays Hawaiian music while you eat which is nice. And the Mai Tais are a plus, even though they are not that strong.

HTF

As DH stated the food is phenomenal. The show is a little weak IMO though so it depends on preference and I prefer food!

FLYbyNITE

Original Poster
Thanks for the feedback, it's been very helpful. I was also wondering if the show is completely outdoors and subject to the mercy of the weather. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom