The Void VR Experience at Disney Springs

Fankle

Original Poster
I’ve heard this mentioned a few times on various podcasts and it sounds fun (but short). It sounds like something everyone in our party of twent-somethings/ teenagers and star-wars fans will enjoy. Not sure where else we’d get to try this. Has anyone tried it? What did you think?

I’ve booked us in late one evening on our August trip when we plan to go to Disney Springs for dinner. The cancellation policy is full refund if cancelled up to an hour beforehand which gives plenty flexibility if we’re wiped out and don’t make it.

Fankle

Original Poster
Great to hear from someone who’s done it. Thanks. We already have a busy trip planned with just one evening in Disney Springs. The fact that it doen’t take long may actually make it easier to do. Will let you know how we get on.

Journey_On

My husband and I have played it twice. It's very fun and immersive. The actual playing experience is 15 minutes long (but the total time you're there is longer due to instructions, suiting up, etc.). I hope they add new missions later on, if possible. There is a Ghostbusters-themed one in NY, as well as several others around the country.

ppete1975

I really hope they put these in places in other states. right now there are 4 locations, las vegas florida and 2 in cali. Sounds like a money maker compared to the vr experiences ive seen where its bland games, in a chair or a very very small area.,

Minthorne

Amazing... my only complaint is it's always the same mission. If they had different ones it would really help with replayability. That said the 1st couple times I did it it was of of the cooler things I have ever done

I agree. First time was awesome. Second time was more kinda ho-hum. It's 100% linear - fun but you don't really have much effect on how they story plays out.

Angry Warlock

I really hope they put these in places in other states. right now there are 4 locations, las vegas florida and 2 in cali. Sounds like a money maker compared to the vr experiences ive seen where its bland games, in a chair or a very very small area.,
Its also been in 2 locations in London, UK, and opening in another London location soon apparently.

Angry Warlock

Its an incredible experience, and the best use of this type of technology Im aware of ANYWHERE - and I've been lucky enough to try all sorts of VR and AR technology. Its just won some highly prestigious awards - and they are completely deserved. (No I don't work for anyone linked to any of this !)

ppete1975

I think the company is being smart as well, they aren't allowing franchising I'm assuming so they can control the product. Or it could be a licensing agreement or something. I looked because to me it seems like a good investment, in the dallas area.

Journey_On

Sorry, I should have asked this before in my other post. How long does the total experience last?

About 30 minutes total (the VR game part is about 15 minutes).

Rumor of them splitting the capacity at Disney Springs and adding a Wreck It Ralph version of this in November and then leaving 1 room still Star Wars.

Okay, that would be awesome!

EOD K9

My wife and I went last week and had a blast. We then booked another for an hour later. While it is linear, there are some things that may change game play slightly. One scene involves at least two people splitting up to perform a task about mid way through. If they one person doesn't perform the task as quick, it may take a tad longer. Also, during that scene, I found some buttons that we didn't press earlier and changed things slightly again. In the last scene, I reacted one way on the first go around and differently on the second, which allowed a villain to get much closer and inflict damage on me.
All in all, it was a lot of fun. As I have done research after the fact, there are a few more things we could have done differently, which will again change things slightly. While the outcome will be the same, a little variation can make it fun. They also have the same experience in Vegas. My wife and I had just ourselves for the mission, but you can have up to four at the same time.

Angry Warlock

My wife and I went last week and had a blast. We then booked another for an hour later. While it is linear, there are some things that may change game play slightly. One scene involves at least two people splitting up to perform a task about mid way through. If they one person doesn't perform the task as quick, it may take a tad longer. Also, during that scene, I found some buttons that we didn't press earlier and changed things slightly again. In the last scene, I reacted one way on the first go around and differently on the second, which allowed a villain to get much closer and inflict damage on me.
All in all, it was a lot of fun. As I have done research after the fact, there are a few more things we could have done differently, which will again change things slightly. While the outcome will be the same, a little variation can make it fun. They also have the same experience in Vegas. My wife and I had just ourselves for the mission, but you can have up to four at the same time.
10/10 for spoiler avoidance !

bhg469

The little details like the touching of certain textures and and other things like heat and smells in other areas make this experience way beyond what I expected. I will sign up for anything this company does if I can get to more of their experiences. I wondered how the smaller kid that went in with us would look, and sure enough, 4 foot tall storm trooper standing right next to me. I refrained from the obvious storm trooper height movie reference. You couldn't wipe the smile from my face afterwards and I cannot imagine what I looked like during the experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom