The Universal Rumors thread

magicallactose

So hyped for this announcement.
Let's pretend for a moment it is a third gate. How fast do you think Universal would build this? Would this be four or six years out?

Sue_Vongello

Looks like another big rumor is about to be unleashed this Friday on OU by @HTF. He has been on the money with his rumors so excited to see what he has in store for Friday

http://www.orlandounited.com/forums/showthread.php?8197-The-Stash-2-Sector-7&p=321469#post321469

What is so amazing about this "rumor" is that I feel like with Universal it could virtually be anything ... we could speculate all day long but it's so wide open, it'd be pointless. That's so exciting ... that sense of unknown, that sense of wonder ... I have a feeling they really want to wow us.

P.S. I would not be surprised at all with Universal fast tracking more or even being more aggressive than they have been now that more details about MM+ and FP+ are being revealed ... kinda like "hey getting a headache over there looking at spreadsheets and refreshing your mobile device, well check out this cool new toy you can come play with!"

magicallactose

What is so amazing about this "rumor" is that I feel like with Universal it could virtually be anything ... we could speculate all day long but it's so wide open, it'd be pointless. That's so exciting ... that sense of unknown, that sense of wonder ... I have a feeling they really want to wow us.

P.S. I would not be surprised at all with Universal fast tracking more or even being more aggressive than they have been now that more details about MM+ and FP+ are being revealed ... kinda like "hey getting a headache over there looking at spreadsheets and refreshing your mobile device, well check out this cool new toy you can come play with!"

I completely agree. With all the additions Universal has been green-lighting (and building with great speed), the possibilities seem endless. It would amaze (bot not shock) me if we found out Universal plans on opening a third gate at the same time Disney finishes it's DHS overhaul and World of Avatar. These days, it's clear Universal is hungry and willing to do whatever it takes to become the top dog in Orlando.

IWant2GoNow

So hyped for this announcement.
Let's pretend for a moment it is a third gate. How fast do you think Universal would build this? Would this be four or six years out?

Completely out of my own head but I would say 2020 at the earliest. With all of the other things UNI seems to have on the table for the next few years, I don't think they'd want to undermine or deminish the excitement behind those offerings. Entices repeat visits. ;)

JT3000

Completely out of my own head but I would say 2020 at the earliest. With all of the other things UNI seems to have on the table for the next few years, I don't think they'd want to undermine or deminish the excitement behind those offerings. Entices repeat visits. ;)

Well that's the thing about Universal, they don't actually announce this stuff waaaaay before it will come to fruition, unlike another company I know, so they shouldn't have a problem with projects overlapping in the public conscious. Then again, they already allowed Transformers to take a backseat to Potter right before it was due to open, so who knows?

Sue_Vongello

The crazy thing is I think they are reaching a point where they are putting so much into the parks that even if everyone knows there is stuff on the horizon, its almost like they are creating an atmosphere of "can't miss what's happening now"! Basically, I think they are doing enough to make people not want to wait ...

Turtle

I just thought of how great a brand new third Universal gate would be with how far they've gone in technology and theming since Islands of Adventure

Hockeyman

This right here.

It could absolutely be anything and that's what makes the anticipation that much more exciting

Sue_Vongello

In an earlier post, HTF suggested whatever this is would be at least 6 years out.

Well that could still be anything. My inner fangirl says third gate!!!

But 6 years could also just be long term planning ... like after this this and this (the stuff we already know that is rumored, like JP, Lorax, Kidzone, etc ...) you get this in six years!!

But let me say this ... IF it is a third gate, I find it hard to believe they wouldn't rush it to have it done a year earlier to really give the middle finger to Disney (because the alleged Avatar and DHS redos should be done by 2018). That'd be hilarious.

cheezbat

I'm not thinking this is third gate...unless its plans for a Waterpark. My personal opinion is that this is news regarding some major property that will become a land in that expansion plot next to MIB/Simpsons.

Really hoping that its Star Trek, DC Comics, or Lord of the Rings...that'd be amazing!

Hockeyman

I'm not thinking this is third gate...unless its plans for a Waterpark. My personal opinion is that this is news regarding some major property that will become a land in that expansion plot next to MIB/Simpsons.

Really hoping that its Star Trek, DC Comics, or Lord of the Rings...that'd be amazing!

The only thing that makes me think this is bigger than that has been the pure excitement and enthusiasm @HTF has had about what it is he is announcing. If it was just about a property I dont think he would have been making sure a big deal about it.

DisneyDaver

From Uni's standpoint, it seems to me that a third gate makes more sense than adding "lands" to the existing parks. After all, a third gate means another separate ticket for guests to purchase and perhaps another nights stay in a Uni hotel. WDW has 4 gates ... I bet Uni would love to have a third.

IWant2GoNow

In an earlier post, HTF suggested whatever this is would be at least 6 years out.

This makes it seem more like what they are adding in between MiB & Springfield then. He had mentioned on that expansion that it would be about 6 years out as well. Whether it's an expansion to a current park or a third gate, HTF must think what they have planned is pretty amazing. And I wouldn't doubt it given how UNI has been conducting business over the past 4 or 5 years.

71jason

This makes it seem more like what they are adding in between MiB & Springfield then. He had mentioned on that expansion that it would be about 6 years out as well. Whether it's an expansion to a current park or a third gate, HTF must think what they have planned is pretty amazing. And I wouldn't doubt it given how UNI has been conducting business over the past 4 or 5 years.

BTW, HTF clarified this isn't the 4 - 6 year out project for the MiB lot--this is something else. Less likely it's a third gate, but then again, could be anything.

IWant2GoNow

BTW, HTF clarified this isn't the 4 - 6 year out project for the MiB lot--this is something else. Less likely it's a third gate, but then again, could be anything.

I just read that actually. In a post yesterday evening he states the following:

"Ok just a quick clarification this isn't for a third gate and has nothing to do with that crazy project I'm labeling as 4-6 years out. This is coming out of left field and has me very very excited! "

Even with that, I'm still just as pumped to hear what it is. Haha.

Glasgow

If the rumored addition is anything like the new transformers ride, then we will be wow'ed. Rode it last night and it is AMAZING. Can't even describe how immersive it is

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom