The Ugly Old Key West Pool Slide

Pluto Parking

Old Key West just opened thier new pool slide! The Problem is its so ugly!!! Its a 35 foot high melting sand castle. I just saw a picture. Yuck. Has anyone seen it in person? Maybe I just saw a bad picture?:lookaroun

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I saw the ugly pictures of it too. They should have kept the old stuff 'cuz this looks bad. It is even worse than the big dragon at PR FQ and the Boardwalk rollercoaster/clown thing.

Upvote 0

nicholas

from allears

okw58.jpg

Upvote 0

welovewdw

ajrwdwgirl said:
I saw the ugly pictures of it too. They should have kept the old stuff 'cuz this looks bad. It is even worse than the big dragon at PR FQ and the Boardwalk rollercoaster/clown thing.

aww.. i like the rollercoaster slide. maybe i really am a 10 year old trapped in a 25 year old's body!:p :lookaroun :eek:

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

I don't think it is ugly, it fits with the existing theming at OKW pool (with the sand castles in the play area.)

Before OKW was the only non value resort at WDW with out a slide. WDW thought it was time to change that. (while it does have an outdoor sauna in the light house, no other resort does as far as I know.) This may be why they allowed pool hopping for DVC members orignally. They have not revocked this privilage yet. BTW I think it opened in Jan or so, so it has been open for a while now.

I think the head on view is rather strange, with the hidden Mickey, but I think it looks fine and I am sure it is rather fun.

Upvote 0

Number_6

ajrwdwgirl said:
It is even worse than the big dragon at PR FQ and the Boardwalk rollercoaster/clown thing.

The slide at The Boardwalk is actually themed to the whole New Jersey Shore/Atlantic City Boardwalk theme. The rollercoaster section of it is based on the design of a wooden coaster that was located at the AC Boardwalk and if I recall correctly it had been the first one to feature a loop. As far as the clown face goes, that is the actual design of one of the entertainment centers on the old Boardwalk, the name of which escapes me at the moment, but it was kind of circus themed and people could actually rent clown costumes within. It was hugely popular back in the day.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom