'The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler Weekend'

a2grafix

We've started training for this as well. We're planning on going next year, so we have plenty of time to train. I am NOT a great runner, especially long distance. Couple that with my light asthma and my bad feet/shin splints and it can be a chore but we're determined. So 16 minutes per mile is the standard, right? Currently, the Mrs. meets me up at the city park when I leave work and we walk/jog a 6 mile route. I believe we usually are averaging about 16:30 per mile but like I said, the walking to running ratio is largely lopsided. We're really looking forward to this and the only other obstacle is getting her parents to go with us so they can watch the kids while we do the run.

Given the next year to train, you should. Seeing that you are averaging 16:30 per mile, hopefully you can work on lowering your time. There is a 16 minute time limit per mile at any runDisney race. If you cannot maintain a 16-minute mile you will be swept up and bused to the finish area.

draybook

Given the next year to train, you should. Seeing that you are averaging 16:30 per mile, hopefully you can work on lowering your time. There is a 16 minute time limit per mile at any runDisney race. If you cannot maintain a 16-minute mile you will be swept up and bused to the finish area.

Yeah, I will suffer a heat stroke before I let myself get swept. I just wish I were in the same shape I was when I was in the service. Even with the asthma I was averaging about 7:30 a mile. I figure that for next year's race I am going to invest in some really good running shoes and an over the counter inhaler for good measure.

amy1985

Has anyone received the email with the waiver and their bib number? The website says it is sent about a month in advance and it's September 9th... I'm getting anxious...

dreamfinder

Does anyone know if you can walk from boardwalk/ beach club to DHS the night of the 10 miler instead of taking the bus?

Most definitely. I walked from Epcot through the International Gateway past Boardwalk, all the way over. It's doable, just be careful in the DHS parking lot. The walking path isn't necessarily a crosswalk/sidewalk the entire way, and people leaving the park may not see you very well.

a2grafix

A look at some of the merchandise that will sold at the Tower 2014 10-mile nighttime fun run. Shirt appears to be the tech race shirt, but not quite sure.

Courtesy https://www.facebook.com/groups/teamrundisney/

10348449_868184639335_6188325753990813594_n.jpg

Texas84

Does anyone know if you can sign up for runner tracking? I know our family would like to watch from afar. Thanks!

Yup

Family and friends will be able to track participants with live online runner tracking for The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ 10-Miler. Participants will have the opportunity to send split times via email, text messaging, and PDAs by registering for this service on the website. You can also sign up for runner tracking at Packet Pick Up.

Runner tracking will be available two weeks prior to the event.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom