Pre-Trip The Trip Reports Made Me Do It

Sooooo after spending a lot of time reading all the great trip reports I thought I would introduce myself and have a go at my own pre-trip report!

When: November 29th-December 9th

Where: We will be staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House.
This will be our third stay at the lodge and we’ve had great experiences to date.

Why: To see all the Christmas decorations and events!

We last visited in March 2018, whilst doing my final planning I read a lot of trip reports covering Christmas visits and immediately knew I wanted to visit during the holidays. We weren’t meant to be coming back until 2021 but when we returned home and the U.K. free dining offer released just weeks later we rebooked!

we will also be celebrating 15 years together during this trip!

who:
Me and my other half, M, whose learnt to love Disney!

Attachments

• 578BA7FE-A84D-40D1-B3A5-97F5C3ACD64A.jpeg
    578BA7FE-A84D-40D1-B3A5-97F5C3ACD64A.jpeg
    73.9 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:

Loco_driver

We will be at DHS that day, but won’t be riding it if wait times are ridiculous, anything under 2 hours and we may do it. Maybe we’ll get lucky at the end of the night. We mostly are wanting to go enjoy the holiday atmosphere at WDW. We had planned this trip way before they decided to open the ride that weekend. We’re also staying at Grand Floridian, which will now be hosting President Trump that Saturday. So much for a relaxing weekend!

Oh bother!

Original Poster
We will be at DHS that day, but won’t be riding it if wait times are ridiculous, anything under 2 hours and we may do it. Maybe we’ll get lucky at the end of the night. We mostly are wanting to go enjoy the holiday atmosphere at WDW. We had planned this trip way before they decided to open the ride that weekend. We’re also staying at Grand Floridian, which will now be hosting President Trump that Saturday. So much for a relaxing weekend!
I didn’t plan it around star wars either but I think the OH is going to want to try and ride as we won’t be back until 2021.
I did see they announced Trumps visit.... hope it doesn’t interfere too much with your trip!

Oh bother!

Original Poster
So a little more on our trip....
We’ve decided to do two “upcharge” events this year. MVMCP of course, this whole reason I wanted to visit at Christmas!
We aren’t to bothered about rides during the party, other than those with overlays. Mainly I want to enjoy the parade and fireworks, eat too many cookies and maybe that adorable new orange bird dessert, and meet eeyore.

we are also doing after hours at animal kingdom, M wants to ride FoP tons. I want to enjoy the beauty of the park without thousands of people!
Adding a pandora pic just to break up the text!
25E38B04-18FB-48C2-A6EA-23A7F88D9B67.jpeg

Oh bother!

Original Poster
We will also be spending two days at universal. I’ll be spending as much time as possible in the wizarding world and M will enjoy the bigger rollercoasters.
Hagrids is new since our last trip so if they manage to operate it and it doesn’t have silly queues we’d like to ride that.

we will probably also have lunch at the leaky caldron.
8AF8E89D-222B-4338-B63B-47DD363FC516.jpeg

Oh bother!

Original Poster
A little more trip detail....

When we visit we try to do something different and fun outside the parks.
Last year we had booked a hot air balloon trip but it was cancelled THREE times as the conditions were not right 🤦‍♀️
So we’ve re-booked for this year.... and I’m now obsessing over long range weather forecasts.
In case you’re wondering.......
D305D5A2-34DF-4A74-8BDF-2B5D190DDB2A.png

Keeping everything crossed we can go up this time, we’ve never done a hot air balloon so it will be different.
Hoping I don’t have to make do with this
A181E6F3-E778-454D-8944-E853E8905476.jpeg

(If you think this doesn’t look “right” this was taken in Paris not Disney springs)

Loco_driver

Try not to stress about the weather. I’m sure you know they can’t predict the weather in Florida hours away, much less days. Hope you do get go on the hot air balloon. Sounds fun, if not a little scary! I don’t do great with heights like that!

Oh bother!

Original Poster
Try not to stress about the weather. I’m sure you know they can’t predict the weather in Florida hours away, much less days. Hope you do get go on the hot air balloon. Sounds fun, if not a little scary! I don’t do great with heights like that!
That’s very true!! I’m a little nervous of being that high up in a giant picnic basket but it should be fun 🤞
I’ve been enjoying all the claims of current “ cold snap” in Florida so had to check in case my whole wardrobe and the balloon weren’t going to work..... but it turns out it’s not actually cold at all by British standards!!

Loco_driver

That’s very true!! I’m a little nervous of being that high up in a giant picnic basket but it should be fun 🤞
I’ve been enjoying all the claims of current “ cold snap” in Florida so had to check in case my whole wardrobe and the balloon weren’t going to work..... but it turns out it’s not actually cold at all by British standards!!
Haha yes I think “Florida cold” is anything below 80 degrees!

Tiggertoo56

We did a hot air balloon flight a few years ago when we visited at holiday season. It was so much fun! Not too high either as most terrain is fairly flat. Hope you get to enjoy it. Better Florida cold than UK cold/wet which we have today☹

Oh bother!

Original Poster
We did a hot air balloon flight a few years ago when we visited at holiday season. It was so much fun! Not too high either as most terrain is fairly flat. Hope you get to enjoy it. Better Florida cold than UK cold/wet which we have today☹
not to high sounds perfect to me!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom