The Tree of Life Awakens

JohnD

It does, and I would say its the best of the new nighttime entertainment at DAK.

Have to agree. From what I've seen in video, this is by far the best. Another blog was live streaming the street party. That looked like good, fun entertainment too. Nothing magic about it, though, and that's alright with me. What you see if what you get is what you expect. Performers singing, dancing, playing instruments, and involving the guests. I could see myself sitting at Dawa Bar, drinking an adult beverage and just soaking in the atmosphere.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
The good news about these sad nighttime additions is the fact that everyone will be trying to watch these while there will be no one waiting for everest :)

TTA94

Has anyone seen the sequence yet of the hummingbird concept art Disney released when the show was first announced? I had seen one sequence with hummingbirds but not what the concept art looked like.. Is there another?

No Name

Is the music in the sequence featuring the deer from Bambi?
I don't believe so. I listened to the previews of all of the Bambi music on iTunes and none of them sounded close to the music of the deer and eagle sequence. Maybe this music is a true wonder of the 21st century...

The good news about these sad nighttime additions is the fact that everyone will be trying to watch these while there will be no one waiting for everest :)
Haha true... but c'mon, you gotta admit this addition is good!

Has anyone seen the sequence yet of the hummingbird concept art Disney released when the show was first announced? I had seen one sequence with hummingbirds but not what the concept art looked like.. Is there another?
I can't find what you're actually talking about (I missed the initial announcement somehow). Well it's concept art... not always accurate, especially if the art was produced early on in the planning stages. What I mean is that that concept art may have been created before the actual scenes were created or even though out, and so that would explain it.

TTA94

Did anyone figure out a schedule yet? Does each show run at the same time each night? Been trying to catch the Deer and Bird segment.

Eckert

That Avatar scene needed to be longer...Goosebumps...Then again, it's a teaser of our adventures coming soon...
Speaking of, does anyone happen to know what the name of the song that's playing during the Avatar part? I know if it's from the soundtrack, just not where. What a grand sounding piece of music.

180º

Speaking of, does anyone happen to know what the name of the song that's playing during the Avatar part? I know if it's from the soundtrack, just not where. What a grand sounding piece of music.
Not really from a distinct part of the movie. It's a theme used throughout the film, sharing a melody with the "I See You" end credits song. James Horner composed the original music for Avatar, and the Tree of Life Awakenings were scored/arranged by Andrew Lockington.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Just saw the Awakening for the first time the night of my Pandora preview. It was beautifully done...and a magical end to an evening in Pandora and rides on the nighttime safari and Everest. I've fallen in love with DAK at night, especially Harambee.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom