The Town Center construction

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Wednesday, April 20. An update on two areas reported previously. Pavement was poured recently (and today) behind Basin.

IMG_7712.JPG

The new Disney Springs entry sign/monument at the corner of Hotel Plaza Blvd and Buena Vista Drive is going vertical. In the background, behind the sign, the new "bus lane" from the existing Marketplace bus terminal has been paved and extended into the old Marketplace parking lot.

IMG_7711.JPG

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Photo update as of Wednesday, April 20. An update on two areas reported previously. Pavement was poured recently (and today) behind Basin.

View attachment 138620

The new Disney Springs entry sign/monument at the corner of Hotel Plaza Blvd and Buena Vista Drive is going vertical. In the background, behind the sign, the new "bus lane" from the existing Marketplace bus terminal has been paved and extended into the old Marketplace parking lot.

View attachment 138621

I really hope the ladder is going to be part of the new entrance sign. ;)

roj2323

View attachment 138620

I'm starting to think The road they added to go around once upon a toy is a new access point for a relocated bus stop just in front of the World of Disney store. It would make sense since there's more space available on that side and no public parking plans for that area that I can tell. The new curbs that they have installed over by World of Disney but are seemingly incomplete also kinda point towards this idea. Thoughts?

halltd

I find it interesting that D15 is seemingly the only parcel to not have construction started as of yet. C07 hasn't either, but that's in The Landing.

Gatorboy

I find it interesting that D15 is seemingly the only parcel to not have construction started as of yet. C07 hasn't either, but that's in The Landing.
agreed, One of the posters they first put out when announcing DS had Food Network as a possible tennant. D15 maybe

Bartattack

Will they start using the new bus loop on may 15th (or even earlier)? and if the first shops open on may 15th, will the walls go down on that day or sooner? (like a soft opening).

roj2323

Will they start using the new bus loop on may 15th (or even earlier)? and if the first shops open on may 15th, will the walls go down on that day or sooner? (like a soft opening).

It's possible as they are getting reasonably close to installing the final landscaping but the holdup would be the portion on the left side of the photo as it looks like there still might be some work to do on the curbs and final paving. There's also the installation of the safety fences which looks like it's been started but not finished as of yet. 3 weeks is a long time so I have confidence they can get it done but I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't happen until the 20th. Remember they did say Town Center would open in phases.

bioconstruct-at-9-28-54-pm-jpeg.139523

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom