The Top 5 Things I Miss Most about Disneyworld

Disney_Dad88

You are the new target customer :D If you don't know what you're missing, how cheapened the experience has become, you won't expect anything more than what it has become. Most of us "veterans" are just sad about the greed- it's pretty much all a numbers game now, and not a "World class one-of-a-kind family vacation":(

I kinda disagree with this but I see where you are coming from as well. Although I've only been going for 12 years or so I think that there is still a lot of quality in what Disney World does, from the meat of the park all the way down to the customer service on the phone. In the end they are a business and the number one goal of a business is to make a profit. But they are in the business of entertainment and I think they are doing very good at it and when I spend money at the parks on vacation I still feel like every penny is worth it.

Mista C

I miss...

1. The original little haunted mansion gift shop
2. The Main Street Magic Shop
3. Kitchen Kabaret
4. The first week in December being a ghost town
5. The little one-person speed boats that you could rent from the Poly or Contemporary
6. World of Motion
7. The original Living Seas
8. The upstairs "fun zone" in Imagination
9. Snow White's Scary Adventure
10. The talking skull head above the drop in Pirates
11. The incredible "cloudy night sky" effect in Pirates
12. The pop-up ghost heads in the Haunted Mansion attic
13. Skyway
14. Mr. Toad (although i do love Pooh!)
15. 20,000 Leagues

I could keep going and going, but I will never get any work done!!!

danpam1024

I kinda disagree with this but I see where you are coming from as well. Although I've only been going for 12 years or so I think that there is still a lot of quality in what Disney World does, from the meat of the park all the way down to the customer service on the phone. In the end they are a business and the number one goal of a business is to make a profit. But they are in the business of entertainment and I think they are doing very good at it and when I spend money at the parks on vacation I still feel like every penny is worth it.
I've been going for 37 years, sorry you didn't get to experience the glory days :(

copcarguyp71

Horizons
Fountains
WOL
20,000 leagues
original entry into Tomorrowland with spires
Jeremy Irons SSE
Hydrolators
Original Backlot Tour with working studio

Pretty sure that rounds out the list of big things that come to mind that I miss from trips of yesteryear....oh yeah and Adventureland without Aladdin's Magic Carpets. Feels weird to say I prefer NOT having a ride at Disney but there you have it...that area flowed so much nicer without the bottleneck.

Missymoe4

I miss...

1. The original little haunted mansion gift shop
2. The Main Street Magic Shop
3. Kitchen Kabaret
4. The first week in December being a ghost town
5. The little one-person speed boats that you could rent from the Poly or Contemporary
6. World of Motion
7. The original Living Seas
8. The upstairs "fun zone" in Imagination
9. Snow White's Scary Adventure
10. The talking skull head above the drop in Pirates
11. The incredible "cloudy night sky" effect in Pirates
12. The pop-up ghost heads in the Haunted Mansion attic
13. Skyway
14. Mr. Toad (although i do love Pooh!)
15. 20,000 Leagues

I could keep going and going, but I will never get any work done!!!

Great list!!

Moog1979

I miss: 1. The old Animation tour at MGM Studios ( I remember watching animators work on Tarzan) 2. Horizons (the smell of fresh oranges at the end are quite nostalgic) 3. Mr. Toads Wild Ride 4. Original Journey into Imagination

Phineas

I also like the Jack Sparrow additions to PotC, as well as a dedicated HM shop.
I totally agree with you-I just wish Mr. Sparrow's addition was more seamless, like he had been there all along, blending in with the crowd- not getting rid of the original captain, altering ride narration, etc.

And the dedicated HM shop is a very welcome addition. That will always be my favorite ride anywhere.

Phineas

1) The original Journey Into Imagination
2) Horizons
3) The original "ghost in the mirror" effect in HM-I'm sorry, but the effect feels out of place to me, and looks like lower-tier Dreamworks animation.
4) Maelstrom
5) El Rio Del Tiempo-I love The Three Caballeros, but their implementation could have been so much better handled here, especially considering the original ride (Remember the statue in the beginning that came to life? Classic Epcot.)

cat hem

The one other thing I miss (going way, way back in time) is the ability to just "run" into characters! No lines, or fastpass to meet characters! I remember meeting Darkling Duck just strolling down Main Street...

SMS55

Sky Way
Living Seas
SpectroMagic
Original Fast Passes

Yes that's only four but it's all I can think of right now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom