The Timekeeper and Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress to Open for the Holidays

orlpassholder

Original Poster
Afternoon boys and girls

Well with the week coming to a close, and the geek labs shutting down to go see The Two Towers. I figured I would drop in with some good news for the TK and COP fans out there like myself

The Timekeeper and Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress in Tomorrowland will be open from December 22nd, 2002 through January 4th, 2003 for the holiday period.

Both attractions will be open from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. daily throughout the timeframe.

WDWFREAK53

Hmmm...interesting...where will they have the complimentary pictures done then :lol:

(Oh, and I wish I had my camera on me...the "TIMEKEEPER" was wearing a Santa hat :) )

General Grizz

Yahoo!! Let's hope TK actually opens! Last report that it opened, it stayed closed... :(

But I'll have video camera in hand to see if the CMs will let me record... :D

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by ImaginationHost
I thought show pieces were being taken out of timekeeper..

Correct me here, if I'm wrong.

Well, I was there on Dec. 8th and the Timekeeper was there...wearing a Santa hat...(didn't notice 9-eye though...but I think he/she/it is tucked away behind the podium)

prberk

Any idea whether COP will be open for Martin Luther King, Jr., weekend (Jan. 17-19, 2003)? It tends to be a busy weekend, and I believe the attraction opened in the past on something like Presidents Weekend (in February). Any ideas, or does anyone know if it opened for MLK wkd. last year?

General Grizz

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
Well, I was there on Dec. 8th and the Timekeeper was there...wearing a Santa hat...(didn't notice 9-eye though...but I think he/she/it is tucked away behind the podium)

OOO...how did you get to go back there?

Mookie

If you're a fan of either of these attractions, and you'll be on property during the holidays, make sure you get out to see them and show your support. They may not be around much longer, especially since neither has much of a line even though they're only open during the ultra-peak season.

General Grizz

Actually, lines and participation are tremendous during these times. Note the operating hours. However, we don't have any true proof about them not having much of lines. Every time I have visited, it's been one of the most crowded attractions - I could never get a decent video. They closed it due to "low attendence as of late" in October of 2001, and they have not put anything into at least testing it on a non-peak day OR advertising it for 100 Years of Magic...which leads me to think they WANT to have it suffer. But who knows. I doubt they're going to cloes it. If they do, then they've knocked the Walt Disney out of WDW... ;)

Anywho, anyone who is going, please let us know about both attractions or either!! :D

Maerj

I have been to WDW 3 times, each time in the spring and these attractions have never been opened, so I never seen them. It would be cool if they would just keep them open year round so everyone could enjoy them.

Sean23

I was at MK and watched timekeeper today it was only about 1/3 full. The reason it might have not been more full is because the countdown clockwas stuck on 18 minutes, I was not going to wait but spoke with the CM and he told it was only a 5 minute.

MKingdom25

Originally posted by Mookie
If you're a fan of either of these attractions, and you'll be on property during the holidays, make sure you get out to see them and show your support. They may not be around much longer, especially since neither has much of a line even though they're only open during the ultra-peak season.
Very good point Mookie. As supporters of these rides, this is the most effective thing we can do to make them not close them!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom