The Things You see....

Kristi Kay

Original Poster
Hey guys! I don’t know exactly where to place this post....so it may be moved.

I am trying to collect a large array of funny/sad/inspiring/dumb stories that you have witnessed at the parks with either cast members, stupid guest or anything magical you’ve been apart of or witnessed.

I’ve worked with the public my entire life, including 8 months at WDW and working with the public and observing is ALWAYS interesting...I want to hear your stories...

Thanks,
Kristi

Chernobog

an old favorite

Hey guys! I don’t know exactly where to place this post....so it may be moved.

I am trying to collect a large array of funny/sad/inspiring/dumb stories that you have witnessed at the parks with either cast members, stupid guest or anything magical you’ve been apart of or witnessed.

I’ve worked with the public my entire life, including 8 months at WDW and working with the public and observing is ALWAYS interesting...I want to hear your stories...

Thanks,
Kristi

I was a Merchandise Host at the House of Magic from 92 - 94. (I was over in the Market House in 91 when I started.)

During the parade one night in 94, a young kid came in and was looking at the magic tricks in the glass case where I was standing. He didn't speak English and my espanol es muy mal. (And, ironically, I probably just butchered that.) So I pull out one of my tricks and start to do it for him. And we got through it despite the lack of verbal communication. He had a huge smile on his face, so we moved on to the next trick, then the next one, then the next... Before you knew it, the parade was over (and I was almost out of tricks!), his parents collected him while he smiled and said gracias. You can always make magic, you just have to try a little harder sometimes. This is one of my favorite memories from my time there.

My worst memory involves, literally, be run over by a string of about 10 attached strollers on July 4th, 1992. But that is a story for another day...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom