The taping of the Christmas Parade?

DisneyGrandma

Original Poster
It appears that according to the schedule we will be at WDW during the taping of this year's Christmas Parade. Has anyone been present during one of these tapings? How does it work and how long does it take to tape just the parade and is it worth trying to be there during the taping?? Any help or information will be appreciated. Thanks

DisneyGrandma

Original Poster
We are just guessing, but we think it will be on Sat. December 6th. I had heard that they usually do it the first weekend after thanksgiving weekend and if you check the park hours and parade times - MK is open until 11:00 and the Share a Dream Come True Parade isn't until 5:00 and the SpectroMagic Parade is at 9:00 & 11:00 - that is not the usual times - so we have guessed that it is because they will be taping the parade during the day.

BitO'PixieDust

We were there several years ago during the taping of the parade. We hung around for a bit but it doesn't seem to go real fast. Apparently they tape it in sections, float by float. It's not a continuous parade. We were told that the taping may take longer than one day.

However, we did see Jerry Van who waved and smile at the people. Suzanne Sommers was also there but seemed less cordial to the fans :mad:

LadyDarling

We were there once during the parade taping. It's usually during daylight hours. They just do the Christmas parade during the day. We didn't see any stars and the park was MOBBED! Unless you really want to try and get on TV, my suggestion would be go to another park this day and AVOID it. :)

KevinPage

As per the Disney Cast Portal, taping is Dec 7th. I have yet to find out what time (obviously during the day though)

goonsquads57

I have a Christmas parade taping story from a few years ago. I believe it was the part that has the gingerbread kitchen with the dancing guys/girls carrying huge wooden mixing spoons. I guy with the TV crew was following closely behind one of the male dancers and taping crowd reactions. He wasn't watching where he was in relation to the dancer and the dance routine called for the giant spoons to be swung around. Well, this camera dude didn't see it coming and got whacked right upside his head. His wire rimmed glasses were all bent out of shape, he wobbled a bit but recovered nicely. He kind of laughed, but kept on with his job. A real trooper, but it had to hurt.

Sorry for the drift.

EIGHT DAYS!!!!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom