The system deleted my FP+, any recourse for me?

NewfieFan

Original Poster
I was trying to update my DHS FP+ times for a certain day of my vacation and the times wouldn't update so I left it. It wasn't a huge deal as I was only trying to make minor adjustments to the times. Today, out of curiosity I went to check to see if it ever updated... and it did... EXCEPT it moved the new DHS FP+ to a completely different day wiping out my MK FP+. The existing DHS FP+ are still there on the original day. Of course, I lost 7DMT! And I'm upset (putting it politely). I called Disney and they said nothing they could do... the misses on the phone made it seem like my fault for trying to update times when the system wasn't working. Ummmm, not my fault honey! How am I suppose to know when it's functioning or not!?! And first of all... the system shouldn't be down!

Anything I can do? Any point to complain at Guest Relations about this? I have no proof that I had those FP+ in the first place, just my word. Will they do anything for me or just tell me to have a magical day (like the lady on the phone)?

Tom

Beta Return
I would continue to call, while remaining polite, until you get to someone who's willing to at least try to help. It's their problem, and they need to learn to help guests rather than blame the technology.

Meanwhile, take screenshots of every "reservation" page on MDE, and every time you update FPs.

NewfieFan

Original Poster
I would continue to call, while remaining polite, until you get to someone who's willing to at least try to help. It's their problem, and they need to learn to help guests rather than blame the technology.

Meanwhile, take screenshots of every "reservation" page on MDE, and every time you update FPs.

Yep, I've learned my lesson (the hard way). I went and took screenshots of all my FPs... wish I had thought of doing that before. I was very polite to the lady I was speaking with today but she really rubbed me the wrong way with her "you shouldn't be messing with the site when it's not working properly" attitude. The thing was I didn't mess with the site at all. I changed the times, when to my reservations page and saw that it wasn't updated, refreshed it a couple of times, and that was it! Left it very well alone.

I don't know why but this is really bothering me tonight. Grrrrrrr!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom