The Swan: What can you tell me about this resort?

Luckyone22

I will be grateful to anyone who can tell me anything about this resort. Is it close, (walkable), to any resorts? Is this resort worth the money? Thanks, so much!!

mickeyfan

You can get information on this resort by doing a "search" for Swan Hotel. It is beautiful and it is within walking distance to the International Gate (by the countries) at EPCOT. You can also walk to the Boardwalk Entertainment area and you can take a boat to MGM. I have never stayed there, but will be staying at it's "sister" resort the Dolphin Hotel in three days. I'm getting a great deal on the room because a friend works there. I think you would really enjoy it there. Have you stayed at any other hotels on Disney Property before?

Upvote 0

Debbie

I stayed at the Swan in 1991. It was quiet. The rooms were nice. My sister and her then husband, myself and my then husband and my brother(snuck him in). We had a queen size air mattress for my brother and we didn't have to walk around him. so there is enough space in the rooms. Then there is the pool, lap pool, hot tub; really nice. I would love to stay there again when the kids are beyond Magic Kingdom age. Then my big 43 year old kid, Don, is in love with the Polynesian and I may never see another Disney resort again:)

Upvote 0

Lofatrules

Swan and Dolphin

Interesting side note about the Swan and Dolphin is that they are the only hotels on Disney property (except for the one by DD on the edge of the property) Which are not owned or operated by WDW. They are actually, I believe run by Starwood. Starwood is the Corporate parent of Sheraton and Westin Hotels.
They are definately the only non Disney run properties to have to Disney name as an official part of their name

Upvote 0

dwldzm9

Swan

I have stayed @ the swan my last two trips to WDW - mostly because I am a member of the Sheraton/Starwood points program and so the first trip my rooms were free and the last time they were 50% off, and I get an automatic upgrade to the best available room. The rooms are very large, and the hotels
(both swan and dolphin) are gorgeous. Along with everything listed above, they also have some of the best dining in WDW, especially if you count all the Boardwalk restaurants (Flying Fish... yummmy!) - which are quite close, definitely walkiing distance! They also have nice workout facilities at the swan, but if you are more hardcore than I there is a Body by Jake club in the Dolphin. I believe they also have activities for the kids (Camp Dolphin? something like that) and are really in a convenient spot since you can walk or take a water launch to Epcot, MGM, & the boardwalk. If you have a pass that allows for multiple entries on the same day, you can actually take a stroll through Epcot and ride the monorail to MK, leaving Animal Kingdom, Downtown disney, and the water parks as the only things you HAVE to take the bus to - although I don't think you can use the Epcot to Monorail trick unless Epcot is open, so if MK is open earlier or later, plan on the bus.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom