Pre-Trip The Super Secret Family Vacation...June 2019

Hi everyone!

After stalking numerous trip reports (because 2019 can't come any faster), I've decided to write up a pre-trip report. As you will soon see why, I'll need all the help I can get in planning this trip! So any tips or advice you might have is definetely welcome.Our last trip was July 2016, so sadly it's been awhile.:arghh: You can read bout it here.

Who's going: In addition to my family (me, Hubby and now 6 year old ZuZu), 3 other families will be joining us! :eek:

Family #1-My cousin Yve, her two daughters - Ages 10 & 8 (my lovely goddaugthers, btw:inlove:) and their dad - who also happens to be Hubby's cousin (did I lose anyone yet?):hilarious:

Family #2 - My sister Ev and her two kids (my nephew is 7 and my niece is 4)

Family #3 - My Cousin Mel (who is Yve's sister), her husband Nell, and their 3 kids (two girls and a boy - ages 9, 6 and 3).

If you're keeping track (bless your heart :hilarious:), that's about 15 people. It's a possibility that that number might increase - another cousin and her family may join us (her husband and two boys- and will soon be adding a girl to that list:D). Jill has neither confirmed or denied going on this trip, but the invitation is open until we actually book (and even then she still may be able to join us).

Ms.Sunshine

Original Poster
So I titled this the Super Secret Family Trip because none of kids know about it. I mean, how can they with a trip so far away - they'll drive us crazy before we even get there! :p
I don't think my cousins are going to tell their kids at ALL. :hilarious: They're going to record their faces when they get to the hotel!
With the exception of my sister (and she was very young), NONE of these folks have been to Disney. So everyone here is a First Timer. which means I am the Planner for the group!:arghh:

I set up a secret Facebook Page for us to discuss our plans and to give them a sort of crash course on all things Disney. As for our plans, they're verrryyy loose right now, but some things we're talking about:

We're looking to stay at AOA. Cousin Yve is a BIG mermaid fan (her youngest daughter's name is Ariella:happy:). But as they have never been to WDW, anywhere would be great!

We all want to stay at the same resort (and in the Disney Bubble), but we'll have our own rooms (of course - winding down all these little kids at night will be challenge enough:confused:)

Everything else is up in the air. I would like us to have one meal together each day before we split off (I was thinking breakfast, but that could change), maybe make that a character meal? I open to suggestions.

I also should mention we're aiming for the last week in June of 2019. All of our kids should be out of school by them (we all live in different states.)

Ms.Sunshine

Original Poster
I have all the dates on my calendar, right up until the 499 day window (Feb. 9, 2018 in case you were wondering:joyfull:).
The TA I used to book my last trip was great and we're using her again for this one. I have no idea how to plan FP for a group this large, but I'm taking it one step at a time.

I love that we're going in 2019 and not next summer - so many things will be open (including Toy Story Land!) Although I did try to make that happen:cautious:. But there's a lot going on between all our families (my sis just bought a house:happy:), so I figured it was best to give everyone the time to prepare.

*Flynnderella*

Yay I’m in! We’re planning May 2019 so I feel your pain with the waiting :arghh:
However, we were only there in May this year so I really shouldn’t be whinging..but if there is anywhere that I can get away with being sad about not being at Disney, WDW is definitely the place!
Looking forward to following your plans!

Ms.Sunshine

Original Poster
Yay I’m in! We’re planning May 2019 so I feel your pain with the waiting :arghh:
However, we were only there in May this year so I really shouldn’t be whinging..but if there is anywhere that I can get away with being sad about not being at Disney, WDW is definitely the place!
Looking forward to following your plans!

Thanks! I'll have to settle for ride videos on Youtube and Trip reports for now, but i'm already getting some great ideas on things to do with the Fam.

youngdeb

We are making our first trip in Feb 2018 with a group of 10 and I find that hard enough to organize! Kudos to you and good luck :) I'm not looking forward to trying to figure out FPs for a group of 10, especially since our 60 day mark falls on December 25!

Ms.Sunshine

Original Poster
We are making our first trip in Feb 2018 with a group of 10 and I find that hard enough to organize! Kudos to you and good luck :) I'm not looking forward to trying to figure out FPs for a group of 10, especially since our 60 day mark falls on December 25!

Thanks! I'll have to come up with some sort of strategy, but we're very excited! We were all close growing up, so it's awesome to be taking a trip with our own kids.:inlove:

Ms.Sunshine

Original Poster
It's finally February! After speaking with our TA, we've decided to wait until June 2018 to book this trip. The way my TA explained it, if we booked a room only reservation now we would just have to cancel and re-book when the rates increase in June in order to take advantage of any discounts that may be released around that time. According to her, there was no real benefit to booking 500 days in advance. June will be here before we know it anyway.:inlove:

Good news is this gives me time to iron out more details with my family. It seems like we have different ideas concerning dining, and most of them may only want to do QS meals. This will be interesting for sure!:happy:

Ms.Sunshine

Original Poster
So, it seems that we have to put this trip on hold. :arghh: Some of us have hit some financials bumps, and now with the resort parking fees being implemented, we may not even stay onsite (which I'm sure will be a plus for our pockets anyway). I'll be sure to leave any updates as they come for those who were curious about planning such a large trip. Thanks for following along!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom