The stroll down Main Street

Private Duck

Even though Epcot is my favorite park- I consider Main Street USA my favorite "location" of all. I will always try to linger, take it all in and search for a detail somewhere that I hadn't noticed yet. Ideally- I end up with a popcorn, a soda and a bench/seat somewhere in an and around Crystal Palace just taking it all in. I'm 38 now- and hope to be doing the same when I'm 88 (God-willing).:)

George Lucas on a Bench

I prefer Main Street at Disneyland. Magic Kingdom doesn't have any of the unique shops or attractions like the Penny Arcade, Magic Shop, Main Street Cinema, Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln, or the sound of Jack Wagner at the train station. Plus, you can stand here:

tumblr_n85eda_Ek_ZC1s2wio8o1_500.png

Private Duck

I prefer Main Street at Disneyland. Magic Kingdom doesn't have any of the unique shops or attractions like the Penny Arcade, Magic Shop, Main Street Cinema, Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln, or the sound of Jack Wagner at the train station. Plus, you can stand here:

tumblr_n85eda_Ek_ZC1s2wio8o1_500.png

Very understandable. The "history" and charm of DL's Main Street is undeniable/unparalleled. Personally- I prefer the larger scale of WDW- and as an East Coaster- that's where the vast majority of my Disney vacations occurred (made it to DL once in my youth). Always going to have a special "pull" on me for that reason. Totally get the DL perspective though...

WDWVolFan

What areas of the park does the PeopleMover go through? Rode it on 94 and never again and may be a good one to kill some time and chill during our next trip

OSUgirl77

What areas of the park does the PeopleMover go through? Rode it on 94 and never again and may be a good one to kill some time and chill during our next trip
It takes you through Tomorrowland, including some attractions such as Space Mountain and Buzz Lightyear. I love it, you should give it another try! :)

We usually linger, take it all in, enjoy the view and get a pic or two with Roy and Minnie as people rush past. Do you linger upon entry to Magic Kingdom or zoom through while headed somewhere else?

I still enjoy Main St. although as I posted before.. years ago you could spend an easy hour or two on main street enjoying all the shops and stores etc. The arcade was not just a fake front as it is now but a real arcade where you could enjoy vintage games for 5 and 10 cents. the old theater actually showed old Disney shorts. The candy shop was a nice place. There was an old fashioned ice cream parlor and a toy store and various forms of entertainment. Unfortunately Disney some years ago turned it into one giant merchandise shop selling the same stuff you can by anywhere else in the park I think it is nice to see but most people today use it as a hub to get elsewhere in the park or to buy the last minute souvenirs before leaving... One of Disney's biggest mistakes!!!

copcarguyp71

If we head over late morning or afternoon we tend to linger a little longer on Main Street but on our one or two rope drop days we usually ride the wave right up to the hub and break left to Adventureland...although I understand rope drop is something a bit less climactic these days from what @marni1971 reported on another thread.

Hoss

We tend to fly right through when we get to the park, and linger later as we are leaving. My new favorite time to linger on Main Street in the late afternoon to coincide with the flag retreat. The flag retreat is a wonderful ceremony and it nor Main Street have excessive crowds at that time.

Marc Gil

Main Street USA used to offer much more until the mid nineties when the emporium was added....

Overall, MS is still a good place to relax, at least during the late afternoon or early morning.

FoF, MSEP, and Wishes can make Main Street a mad house though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom