Trip Report The Story Comes ALIVE! *COMPLETED*

Hello again, my friends.

For nearly a decade it has been such a joy for me to write about 50 (yes, 50!) different trips that I have taken to WDW - including one that was virtual. ;)

The reason? You, the reader.

I don’t do trip reports for my own documentation. I have journals for that. I write because I love interacting with y’all. Your encouragement, humor, curiosity and even snark (*ahem* @amjt660) assure me that I am not alone in my crazy affection for Disney parks. A big thanks to each of you!

I am very fortunate to be a frequent visitor to WDW (despite what @Mr Ferret 88 believes, I do not live there!) and am entering a season of monthly visits. Trip reporting is time consuming (as those of you who’ve written can attest) but I’m not ready to completely give it up - yet.

What I’d like to do is keep this as an ongoing TR for the rest of 2023. It will be highlights and moments, with live posting as the goal. My story coming alive, so to speak.

First up is spring break with my favorite girl.

AA48F088-9593-431D-9863-5A1CC9431BEF.jpeg

Followed closely by a getaway with my favorite guy.

22534EF9-828F-43F6-A922-359B962CEC72.jpeg

There will be Magician meets. New experiences. And (as always) the unexpected.

I hope you’ll join the fun!

sheriffwoody

Loving these reviews! Really interesting that WL club level is so much better than the Poly considering the cost difference! Good to know though if we ever splurge on club level. We might do that for our next milestone anniversary! 15 I guess, if that's considered milestone ha

Also not a fan of prix fixe. We've avoided CG for that reason lately :cry: Glad the steak was good at least!

Also love the throwback photos! Love that your first home is still there, how special to be able to revisit it! And your wedding dress is so lovely!!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
We might do that for our next milestone anniversary! 15 I guess, if that's considered milestone ha

Also not a fan of prix fixe. We've avoided CG for that reason lately :cry: Glad the steak was good at least!

Also love the throwback photos! Love that your first home is still there, how special to be able to revisit it! And your wedding dress is so lovely!!
15 is definitely a milestone! Any anniversary year ending in 0 or 5 is worth extra celebrating. It’s the perfect opportunity for reminiscing and remembering why you chose to marry your spouse. Life is busy and it’s easy to forget the wonderful things about each other when you are just trying to survive the days!

I think we’ll try Narcoosee’s for our next nice dinner, since it did not become prix fixe as rumored.

amjt660

15 is definitely a milestone! Any anniversary year ending in 0 or 5 is worth extra celebrating. It’s the perfect opportunity for reminiscing and remembering why you chose to marry your spouse. Life is busy and it’s easy to forget the wonderful things about each other when you are just trying to survive the days!
laurie metcalf jackie GIF by Roseanne

Tu - you are the best!!!

Max

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Random Tidbits

I was very excited to see this cover band at the America Gardens Theater.

IMG_0375.jpeg

I like Foreigner. I love Journey. What could possibly go wrong?

1. The set list. Both Foreigner and Journey had some MEGA hits. This band managed to select six lesser known songs (and by “lesser known” you had to have had the LP albums to recognize them) for the first show. The set closer was Stone in Love. Raise your hand if you know it. (I don’t see many hands. :cautious: ) The lead singer was proud to announce that “every show is different!” so we decided to stick around for the second show.

The second show at least had some songs with radio airplay. But no mega hits. That is until the finale when they performed the most overplayed Journey song EVER (y’all are singing it in your heads now, aren’t you?) We left halfway through the song and did not return for the third show.

2. The lead singer. A short, bald, middle-aged man who was channeling his inner Mick Jagger/Steven Tyler/Jon Bon Jovi and was strutting his stuff across the stage like he was trying to make groupies swoon. (It reminded me of Danny DeVito’s “stripper cop” from Friends.) It was hard for me to keep a straight face.

I took Woody to the Passholder Lounge in Sunshine Seasons. Em and I were there the day it opened. Woody did get a Figment sticker, but the M&Ms and nut mix were “long gone” according to a CM (not really a loss - if you recall both were nearly expired when Em & I received them.) Their replacement? A tiny Werther’s Original. Taste Sugar free.

FullSizeRender.jpeg

I happened to be riding backwards on the Peoplemover when we entered Space Mountain. The lights were on. I snapped a cool pic. (At least I think it’s cool. :hilarious:)

IMG_0507.jpeg

No idea what the pink item *ahem* is.

Patriotic bunting adorned the train station a few days ahead of the fourth.

IMG_0528.jpeg

The water tower on the bayou had been installed overnight. Woody and I debated if the crown will be illuminated.

IMG_0510.jpeg

PSA: Beware of window shopping. You might be drawn inside to make a purchase.

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Don’t ask me how I know. (You’re welcome.)

A shout out to the best aunt and nephew this side of Pittsburgh!

IMG_0516.jpeg

J is growing into one hip dude!

Tony the Tigger

Random Tidbits

I was very excited to see this cover band at the America Gardens Theater.

View attachment 729442

I like Foreigner. I love Journey. What could possibly go wrong?

1. The set list. Both Foreigner and Journey had some MEGA hits. This band managed to select six lesser known songs (and by “lesser known” you had to have had the LP albums to recognize them) for the first show. The set closer was Stone in Love. Raise your hand if you know it. (I don’t see many hands. :cautious: ) The lead singer was proud to announce that “every show is different!” so we decided to stick around for the second show.

The second show at least had some songs with radio airplay. But no mega hits. That is until the finale when they performed the most overplayed Journey song EVER (y’all are singing it in your heads now, aren’t you?) We left halfway through the song and did not return for the third show.

2. The lead singer. A short, bald, middle-aged man who was channeling his inner Mick Jagger/Steven Tyler/Jon Bon Jovi and was strutting his stuff across the stage like he was trying to make groupies swoon. (It reminded me of Danny DeVito’s “stripper cop” from Friends.) It was hard for me to keep a straight face.

I took Woody to the Passholder Lounge in Sunshine Seasons. Em and I were there the day it opened. Woody did get a Figment sticker, but the M&Ms and nut mix were “long gone” according to a CM (not really a loss - if you recall both were nearly expired when Em & I received them.) Their replacement? A tiny Werther’s Original. Taste Sugar free.

View attachment 729443

I happened to be riding backwards on the Peoplemover when we entered Space Mountain. The lights were on. I snapped a cool pic. (At least I think it’s cool. :hilarious:)

View attachment 729445
No idea what the pink item *ahem* is.

Patriotic bunting adorned the train station a few days ahead of the fourth.

View attachment 729447

The water tower on the bayou had been installed overnight. Woody and I debated if the crown will be illuminated.

View attachment 729446

PSA: Beware of window shopping. You might be drawn inside to make a purchase.

View attachment 729449

Don’t ask me how I know. (You’re welcome.)

A shout out to the best aunt and nephew this side of Pittsburgh!

View attachment 729448

J is growing into one hip dude!
Is the most overplayed Journey song the one that ended the Sopranos and began Glee? (Coincidence?)

I do know “Stone In Love,” but it’s not a fave.

Sounds like they were saving the best for last? Probably not the best strategy in a place where folks are constantly moving.

Poor Tu left wondering, “I Wanna Know Where The Hit Is…I want you to show me…”

Spash007

Cali Grill was forever on our list of restaurants to go to without kids. But when that opportunity came, we looked at the menu and just went meh. Instead Topolino’s and Steakhouse 71 seemed to have much better options. My in laws want to go on their next trip, so this just reminded me to make sure they’ve seen the latest “meh”nu

But on a happy note, that’s great you were able to revisit so many special places to your relationship!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster

Loco_driver

I do know Stone in Love, but I was raised by Journey fans. Your feelings on the Poly club level reflects my feelings for the resort as a whole. They seem to rely on location and past reputation instead of actually trying. Glad Ohana was good! We had that same table the last time we dined there, its’s a great view!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
40th Anniversary Celebration: Final Thoughts

First of all, thanks for reading this installment of a report I did not intend to write! Your interest and kind words made it so fun to document our wonderful celebration.

Yes it was wonderful in spite of all the “blips” (Woody’s word) that we encountered. Often it is the “blips” that make a trip memorable (and usually result in a good laugh in the future.)

Sure we would have preferred less rain but we still had plenty of pool time and got to watch fireworks on six nights. We had more good meals than bad. We met some nice people in queue lines which made long waits tolerable. It was great to have hot breakfasts in the morning without having to visit a quick serve - and be able to make it to early entry.

We did have a final blip on the way home. But it wasn’t another rainy detour. We were in rural South Georgia running low on fuel (both in the car and in our bellies.) Exits with gas stations and dining are few and far between so we pressed on to a town we knew had both.

However when we arrived we did not expect to find all establishments along the road to be without electricity!!

We had to get back on the interstate on fumes. It was a very stressful 25 miles to the next town!

Another memory made that one day we’ll laugh about. Maybe.

IMG_0531.jpeg

Last edited:

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I have recently had that stress driving on fumes. I went to DLP in March for an AP event and a train strike meant my choice was missing the event or driving. Since I was going with my bestie and her teen (my goddaughter), we drove. On the way back my fuel light started blinking and French highways do not have frequent exits or service stations (but at least the service stations are on the highway). I ended up having to take the longer route home because the service station on it was several miles before the service station on my “normal” route.

93boomer

Final Thoughts

First of all, thanks for reading this installment of a report I did not intend to write! Your interest and kind words made it so fun to document our wonderful celebration.

Yes it was wonderful in spite of all the “blips” (Woody’s word) that we encountered. Often it is the “blips” that make a trip memorable (and usually result in a good laugh in the future.)

Sure we would have preferred less rain but we still had plenty of pool time and got to watch fireworks on six nights. We had more good meals than bad. We met some nice people in queue lines which made long waits tolerable. It was great to have hot breakfasts in the morning without having to visit a quick serve - and be able to make it to early entry.

We did have a final blip on the way home. But it wasn’t another rainy detour. We were in rural South Georgia running low on fuel (both in the car and in our bellies.) Exits with gas stations and dining are few and far between so we pressed on to a town we knew had both.

However when we arrived we did not expect to find all establishments along the road to be without electricity!!

We had to get back on the interstate on fumes. It was a very stressful 25 miles to the next town!

View attachment 729717
Thanks for sharing your memories with all!

Wow that’s not too much fun driving on fumes. That’s the trouble with the long stretch through that area. It’s very spread out. I don’t see how some of the residents deal with having to drive so far to get four and gas sometimes.

Rain is not going to ruin Tuvalu’s trips. 😊 You always make the best of any situation that arises.

All in all sounds like another wonderful trip!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Final Thoughts

View attachment 729717

Thanks for sharing your adventures. I'm glad that you and Woody got to revisit some old memories and make new ones. :)

lindawdw

Yikes, that does sound like a stressful ride home. Thanks so much for sharing this memorable TR.
thank u GIF
I truly enjoyed seeing your pictures from yesteryears along with the stories that go with them. Your right about those moments that you had during this trip being the ones that you'll remember and laugh about it in years to come. I can't wait for your next trip to the house of the mouse!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom