The Special Moments That Keep The Magic Alive Till Our Next Visit

MIKETFROMRI

Original Poster
The time lapse between disney visits is usually about year ( every summer...sometimes more) but in that time there are moments that keep the magic alive for me/us in our daily lives. Like....

Ocoasionally my wife wife will make a meal from chef mickeys cookbook and she will say " its a disney dinner tonight" and we will bring out the disney napkins ( I took..yes took from the food courts) our disney forks/spoons etc)

We will go see disney on ice evry winter ( next week !!)

Of course these threads always keep the magic alive

At christmas our tree is ALL Disney..been bringing home disney ornaments etc from dtd xmas store for 26 years

Have our seasonal disney flags to hang outside house

Always used to go to Disney Store and buy our disney dollars BUT ALL 3 around here have CLOSED!!! BUMMMER

Every day watch for best airline prices and specials etc...its a full time job!

Wear a Disney Tie to work EVERYDAY!!!!! Im a teacher and kids look forward to what I have on that day...needless to say I have a LOT!!

Everytime I open the fridge they are always there ...my 57 and counting fridge magnets...

What do you do to keep the magic alive?

The Empress Lilly

Me, I am never more than an arm's length removed from a Disney coffee mug. I tend to drink tea and coffee all day long, always out of one of my Disney mugs. Some of which my parents bought us thirty years ago.

Wear a Disney Tie to work EVERYDAY!!!!! Im a teacher and kids look forward to what I have on that day...needless to say I have a LOT!!
That's awesome!

dclfan

I have my Disney mug as well, although sometimes I refer to it as the goblet it's the biggest coffee mug I have ever seen. I also like to listen to live365, they play Disney park music which definitely helps keep the magic alive.

disneypearl

I use my refillable resort mugs almost everyday.

I will sometimes fill my popcorn bucket up with popcorn and put in a WDW travel planning DVD or Travel Channel show.

Drive about 1 1/2 hours to the nearest Disney Store. (I am glad one isn't closer because it makes the trip there more special.)

Putting one of my WDW cds in my jeep. I try and buy one new one each trip.

Making rice krispie treats and using a mickey head cookie cutter to cut them into Mickeys.

My Christmas tree is also full of only Disney ornaments. :)

JillC LI

Cook Disney recipes from cookbook
Make pancakes shaped with Mickey mold
Use Eeyore mug
Put out Disney menorah
Wear Mickey Mouse watch, necklace and earrings
Check this web site daily
Help friends and family pan their Disney vacations
Plan my own next trip!

pcarathers

As soon as we finish with one trip, we start planning our next one! We also look at our old photos and park maps (a LOT has changed since our first trip)..we use our Disney mugs and even brought back the mickey shaped plates the kids meals come in.....the kids LOVE eating out of them! We have all the planning DVD's and music CD to which we watch and listen ALL THE TIME! Some of our friends who have NEVER been just don't get it.....but if I can get them there at least once!!!!!OMG! I think they'd be HOOKED!:)

Cmdr_Crimson

Listen to my park music arrange in the way I go through the parks

Look through my pictures & videos of my last trip

Watch my video downloads of Top 7 Must Sees, Must Do Disney, WDW Today Channel 19, My Resort Channel 20 (With the contemporay jazz mix of Disney songs) all on my PS3

And nothing is better than watching the Disney Planning DVD's and the one that I always watch is the HCOE 05/06 Planning DVD as it is by far the best one and yes it's out of date but it's the most memorable one of the dvd's.

todpatcam

We take tons of pictures while on our annual WDW trip; pics of our resort, each park and DTD. When we get home and load up the SD cards on plug them into our digital picture frames at work.

It's great to look over and see the castle or our son with Mickey - it really Keeps the magic alive until our next trip.

I also love when people are in my office; my picture farme is behind me so when they're in the chair in front of my desk I always see thier eyes wonder to the picture frame. It never fails for someone to comment on a photos and say what a great place.

Looking forward to Oct 2012 :wave:

princessmelissa

First of all I love reading everyone's posts and knowing that there's other people who love Disney just as much as I do so that help keep the magic alive :) I also talk about Disney non-stop, watch youtube videos of rides and parades, look at my pictures from my latest trip, and I love explaning Disney World to people who have never been there it reminds me of my first time to see their faces when I describe everything to them

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom