The Space Mountain 40

lady_vor

SteveUK said:
This is quite weird, but if it was riding Small World that many times - I would be very scared of you!!!! However cool the ride, it must get boring and predictable eventually? I would think part of the thrill of SM and any 'dark' coaster is not knowing where the track is going. After that many rides, you must know the layout pretty well.
Very true! Although I've never been on SM yet... you can bet I will this coming up fall! One question though, are there any inversions?

Merlin

Account Suspended
spacemtnfanatic said:
No inversions. Just a big crazy-mouse style coaster in the dark! Enjoy!

Have you ever been on the DL version? I'm something of a Space Mountain fanatic myself, and the DL version is vastly superior. If you love the WDW one, you'll love the DL one even more!

rainfully

Merlin said:
Have you ever been on the DL version? I'm something of a Space Mountain fanatic myself, and the DL version is vastly superior. If you love the WDW one, you'll love the DL one even more!

I have to agree. Rode it for the first time in July. Completely blew me away!!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
rainfully said:
I have to agree. Rode it for the first time in July. Completely blew me away!!

Sigh! DL SM was down for refurb in Jan when I went... As was the train and TTA and... [Did I say "sigh" yet? Sigh!]

diddy_mouse

rainfully said:
Wow... as I'm usually fastpassing that line or only going when it's a walk-on, I don't believe I've ever noticed a ball pit... I'm the most unobservant person ever... :lol:

I'm just as unobservant!! My first thought was: "There's a ballpit? Why is there a ballpit in SM?" :confused:

SteveUK

As people have already said - no inversions. The thrill of the ride is because it is in the dark and you can't see where you are going. It would be considered quite a tame ride if it was outside.

PetePan

I just noticed the balls the last time I rode. Kind of weird how you can walk right by something so many times without seeing it.

zap69

Refurb

Space will get a rehab soon; After all, it was supposed to be before Alien was shut down. So it has been pushed back by 3 years. There is talk of it in 2007 but in my opinion there will be only two ways: that ride goes down. When Maintenance can't fix it anymore or it dies.:hammer:

zap69 said:
Space will get a rehab soon; After all, it was supposed to be before Alien was shut down. So it has been pushed back by 3 years. There is talk of it in 2007 but in my opinion there will be only two ways: that ride goes down. When Maintenance can't fix it anymore or it dies.:hammer:

So are you saying Space Mountain is the next ride to get revamped after POTC comes back online?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom