The Sorcerer's Apprentice, Season 7: Fantasmic Journeys [CONCLUDED!]

Voxel

President of Progress City

Team REDACTED Proudly presents:

*CLAP CLAP CLAP*\

I'm going to say, sorry for taking so long it so I might be saying things that have already been said.

First off you guys nailed the Modern Simplistic "Elegance" of modern web design. The initial page is clean, distinct and pleasant. It reminds me of the Universal Studios Website in many ways.

At first I had a bit of a concern seeing the use of the NYC in Dubai but I believe you pulled the right approach to take care of the issue. The Night Time approach give you full control of what can and can not be seeing, allowing you to provide the guest with a realistic experience. I applaud thought put into the realism aspect of this design.

Feeling, sadly I feel like that is something that is lost in a lot of design elements. We spend so much time focused on what the past was, what cars were driven, what the building looked like, what hair products where advertised, but we miss a key element. WE forget the emotions and feelings people missed during this time. For an authentic experience this is what you need to capture. You need to capture the anything is possible attitude, the hustle and bustle, etc. Thank you for focusing on this.

I'm always a sucker for trashcans so yay!

For Classic, I like how you tried to keep the space small to best through the areas of New York, though reading through this initially I have concerns on how your going to flow this into other areas of the big apple. Flow can be very hard to capture, so I'm curious to how this is handled.

Question... I see the Die Hard Tower, does this mean it's a Christmas Area!?!?!

Attractions <- What can I say? This team is creative and every attraction focus on an interesting and a passion that could appeal to any family member, you are going to get the entire family running around New York City, but I think you might have gone too far. While the sheer scope of attractions are mind boggling and a bit of a dream come true, I would have loved to see the team trim a few of the attraction off and flush out their concepts a bit better. This is a situation where a bit less content would be better, and that's a rough thing to say because there are AMAZING attraction ideas in here. But even the ones I like have me craving more details. Even in a situation where this would be green-lit, I believe a guest would be overwhelmed in an area where every building was an attraction.

Shopping <- I believe your shopping solution is perfect for the direction you went with the attractions in land. I do think your missing the chance to sell the cheese I <3 New York Merch, I think a lot of fun things could be done with that.

Dining <- Not 100% sure how Bob's Burger Fits in but I LOVE IT I will always take me some bob's burger.. (He says with bob's burgers playing in the background, I'm not a big fan of the show). I also like the fact that you are deciding to server slurm, I only hope that you don't get your guest too addicted to the the product that the guest will be drinking. Overall though, I am sad that you are missing out on a top tear dining experience. You have a MasterChief store but not a dining experience sponsored by a MasterCheif, I feel like this is a Major Miss on the dining side.

All and All I love this project, there are a lot of amazing aspect to this project but I believe you might have had something we call "Scope Creep" in the software world. I would need to review the group chat, but I've seen it happen many time espicially with teams that work so well together. When you work well as a team, idea's flow so easily and it become hard to trim a project back into scope/design. I think if you conquer this, this team would rival many of the legendary teams.

You guys are not short in passion or ideas, and I LOVE IT. I think instead of Broad strokes we need to trim the pencil a bit and thinks on polishing the product a bit more.

Orange Cat

OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Good evening Imagineers!

First of all, thanks to everyone so far for your huge enthusiasm this season! As we pass the regular season's halfway point, we wanted to provide a preview of what to expect going forward with the regular season, the Board Room session, and the Playoffs.

Regular Season and Board Room Session
The regular season (made up of 13 Stanzas) will be coming to a close on Friday April 2nd. During that weekend we will have the Sorcerer's Apprentice Awards Ceremony, where we will crown the regular season MVP, Best Team, Best Score, and so on, plus other superlatives such as "Most likely to be up at 3AM."

On that same weekend, all players will be invited into the Board Room to present their "Imagineering resumes" to a panel of volunteers made up of @AceAstro, @Outbound, & the lovely @D Hulk - the three winners of Seasons 4 through 6, respectively. They will select the 15 players who will advance into the Playoffs.

Your "Imagineering resume" is a personal assessment of your contributions to the game. While it's open-ended,
here is a Board Room sample from a previous season.

To advance to the playoffs, the panel will be looking at a few key qualities:

Activity Level - How often you engaged with your teammates, did you step up in leadership roles on occasion, etc

Availability - The playoffs will run to the end of April, so will school or work limit your time to play?

Desire - This game is meant to be very laid-back and open. If you're simply playing for fun, and you don't want to enter the Playoffs, let us know and we can keep you involved via guest reviewing or another outlet.

The Playoffs
The playoffs will consist of 3 Stanzas (Quarterfinals, Semi-Finals, and Finals), each 1 week in duration. There will be 3 teams of 5 players each. At the end of each Stanza, 1 team will be eliminated...with exceptions made for standout players on losing teams, or inactive players on winning teams, naturally. The Finals

Playoff Schedule
Quarterfinals: Stanza XIV -
April 4th - April 10th
Semi-Finals: Stanza XV - April 11th - April 17th
Finals: Stanza XVI - April 18th - April 24th

In the Finals, 5 finalists will create their own individual projects, with assistance from past eliminated players. For an example of how that selection process works see Season 3. A winner will be chosen from those projects, and the 7th Sorcerer's Apprentice will be crowned.

We will make every effort to ensure the process is as stress-free and fair as possible. Plus, the comic story is about to pick up with some surprising twists and turns, so be on the look out for that!

Thank you for reading! Best of luck in this Stanza and into the future!
There Won’t Be Any Questions Right? You‘ll Have To Construct It On Your Own Right? Sorry To Annoy You But It Was A Little Unclear For Me But I’m Probably Just Dumb Haha.

spacemt354

Chili's
There Won’t Be Any Questions Right? You‘ll Have To Construct It On Your Own Right? Sorry To Annoy You But It Was A Little Unclear For Me But I’m Probably Just Dumb Haha.
The questions - to be revealed when the time comes - will be based on these aspects here to help the terrific trio select a playoff cast

Activity Level - How often you engaged with your teammates, did you step up in leadership roles on occasion, etc

Availability - The playoffs will run to the end of April, so will school or work limit your time to play?

Desire - This game is meant to be very laid-back and open. If you're simply playing for fun, and you don't want to enter the Playoffs, let us know and we can keep you involved via guest reviewing or another outlet.

Orange Cat

The questions - to be revealed when the time comes - will be based on these aspects here to help the terrific trio select a playoff cast

I thought so, I was just making sure cuz I was confused the way it was phrased.

MickeyWaffleCo.

In the Parks
No

So we’re supposed to answer those questions in our response to the panel, and also present our “resume” from the competition to the judges? Is there a specific way to present this? Or do we have creative freedom in how we present?

Outbound

Original Poster
So we’re supposed to answer those questions in our response to the panel, and also present our “resume” from the competition to the judges? Is there a specific way to present this? Or do we have creative freedom in how we present?
In the past, almost everyone has just written their responses, but this is not a required rule. You can do whatever.
Remember going the extra mile can't hurt you wink wink

Outbound

Original Poster
"My accomplishments this season were working on laser tag, laser tag, and laser tag."
1614132317494.png

AUTOMATIC ADVANCE /S
But actually, we're just halfway through the regular season, don't worry about this stuff now. Just be thinking about it in the back of your mind.

spacemt354

Chili's
The questions will essentially ask you what you did in the competition. So the reason for the term 'resume' is to remind everyone to include what you did during the game, especially this season with multiple hosts and several outstanding projects, I don't want to see someone's achievements slip through the cracks accidently because they didn't post their resume - does that make sense?

Homemade Imagineering

hTy4fJn.jpg

Presents...
(Team Intro):
The Marvelous Fun Arcade!

Last edited:

Mickeynerd17

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom