The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 2: International Edition

jdmdisney99

Original Poster
Welcome to The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 2! This is the second season of our competition based on Donald Trump's popular Apprentice and Celebrity Apprentice TV series. There will be three teams and an international theme. This motif will cover all international Disney parks, along with a few surprises along the way. A challenge will be presented every week unless otherwise noted. Teams have to work together to complete challenges under the leadership of a project manager, an actual position at WDI. After proposals are submitted, I will judge them and declare one team the winner (if only one team submits, the team that doesn't will lose unless otherwise noted). The losing team's project manager must nominate two team members to be put up for elimination (along with them). Competitors will then make their cases and I will decide who is fired/eliminated.
15 people will be accepted to compete. Sign-ups end Friday, July 4th, 2014, at 9 PM EST. Good luck!

Further Rules
The First Amendment -

Contestants must post only their proposals in the main thread. After that, no comments can be made unless put on the discussion thread. If someone posts something negative or on the other threads (besides the discussion thread), that will result in immediate elimination of that contestant. All discussion between losing team members should remain in the Board Room after I begin that challenge's discussion.
The Second Amendment -
Each contestant gets 7 "Vacation Days". These can be used to extend the due date of a project. You can use them one at a time, two at a time, etc. This also increases competition and motivation, because whoever has more teammates, has more vacation days for the team to use. Also, if someone on your team has all of their Vacation Days, and then they get fired, there go 7 extended days your team could use.
The Third Amendment -
Vacation Days may not be taken out of hand. To prevent overly extended due dates, there is a limit to how many Days each team may utilize. Unless told otherwise, each team can use up to 5 Vacation Days. This rule must be followed to maintain a respectable competition.
The Fourth Amendment -
If either teams' proposal is posted by someone other than the project manager that team will be penalized, unless the project manager is actually unable to post due to personal issues (not if the manager forgets, sleeps in, doesn't feel like it, etc.). Each contestant will have a Vacation Day taken out of their inventory.
The Fifth Amendment -
For this competition, all deadlines will be set by the contestants under my guidance (unless otherwise noted). Every week (or so), after I post the challenge, I will provide everyone with multiple options for a time and two options for a day. Everyone will discuss what works for them until we agree on a compromise, after which I will finalize that date. This rule is meant to improve interest and convenience in the contest.
The Sixth Amendment -
Each team must turn in something (any progress that has been made, complete or not) every week. Though it may go against people's competitive nature, we believe something is better than nothing (and an automatic loss).
The Seventh Amendment -
You are not required to use photos (unless otherwise noted) but if you choose to, you may only use up to 15 (once again, unless noted). This prevents clutter and slowdowns and also allows proposals to focus on elaborate descriptions.
The Eighth Amendment -
There is an immunity idol which gives its holder (usually the winning Project Manager) immunity from elimination. The winning Project Manager every week receives this honor (unless decided otherwise) and is safe from elimination the next week.
The Ninth Amendment -
Any competitor who is using the immunity idol must assist their team anyways, unless noted. This means they must post at least one productive post for every day the challenge goes on, until their team is finished. It is not a get-out-of-work-free pass. If the holder of immunity refuses to help, they will be eliminated.

sas2logo-jpg.56909

Sister Threads
The BOARD ROOM
The DISCUSSION Thread

Challenge Appendix
CHALLENGE 1: Ye Come Seekin' Adventure and Salty Ol' Pirates, eh? Or the Lost Ark, perhaps?
CHALLENGE 2: Hooray for Hollywood/Fixer Uppers!
CHALLENGE 3: The Countdown to Paradise
CHALLENGE 4: It's Elementary, My Dear Watson
CHALLENGE 5: Another Convincing Campaign
CHALLENGE 6: Some New Toys
CHALLENGE 7: Shanghai Hospitality
CHALLENGE 8: A Haunting in Shanghai
CHALLENGE 9: I'll SEA You in Tokyo
CHALLENGE 10: Around the World in 11 Seconds
CHALLENGE 11: The Final Four Disney Cruise Ships? I Think Not...
CHALLENGE 12: The End...Pick Your Poison

Theme Songs
OFFICIAL THEME SONG
ALTERNATE THEME SONG

Last edited:

MonorailRed

Applebees
The Second Amendment -
Each contestant gets 7 "Vacation Days". These can be used to extend the due date of a project. You can use them one at a time, two at a time, etc. This also increases competition and motivation, because whoever has more teammates, has more vacation days for the team to use. Also, if someone on your team has all of their Vacation Days, and then they get fired, there go 7 extended days your team could use.

I must ask, last year for the finale I used 1/24th of a vacation day. :hilarious: Can we do stuff like that this season? Or just full days?

The Seventh Amendment -
You are not required to use photos (unless otherwise noted) but if you choose to, you may only use up to 5 (once again, unless noted).

Rapunzel.gif

\
The Eighth Amendment -
There is an immunity idol which gives its holder (who is determined by myself and my "advisers") immunity from elimination. The winning Project Manager every week receives this honor (unless decided otherwise) and is safe from elimination the next week.
The Ninth Amendment -
Any competitor who is using the immunity idol must assist their team anyways, unless noted. It is not a get-out-of-work-free pass. If the holder of immunity refuses to help, they will be eliminated.

An idol?

tumblr_mxja3ukts21qcga5ro1_500.gif

Is this new? :confused:

jdmdisney99

Original Poster
@jdmdisney99 may I suggest expanding the limit from ten. There has been a very strong response so far, and I feel we could create a 3rd team of 5. Some veterans of the comps probably haven't even been able to check yet for the thread and may miss out. What do you say?
We are considering some solutions.

I must ask, last year for the finale I used 1/24th of a vacation day. :hilarious: Can we do stuff like that this season? Or just full days?

Rapunzel.gif

An idol?

tumblr_mxja3ukts21qcga5ro1_500.gif

Is this new? :confused:
Only under necessarily determined circumstances.

Yes, the idol is new.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom