The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 2: International Edition - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
For the font, you call it both "basic" and "tacky". Kind of opposites. ;) Although I agree, something was off.

As the site included the video, it was an introduction by itself. It would have been redundant to put anything else into the main post. The site WAS our presentation.

There was going to be a legend... but... time constraints. Sorry bout that.

The summary was necessary because it's supposed to be a marketing site, as well as a detailed rundown of the ship.

And quick note about Team Sea's atrium statue: I actually liked it... a lot! I guess I'm in the minority there.

Thanks for your review RM!
Well, I liked the Donald one...but Donald already has a boat.

I'm not sure about a strapping Kirk Douglas in the middle of the Grand Atrium though...just doesn't feel right.

Walt and Mickey? Feels right.

Kirk Douglas? I don't even think my daughter would know who that is.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
A note about the itineraries...

If I was on a mac, and I had iMovie, we would have had animated itinerary movies.

But, since I'm not, finding a way to do it (easily and cleanly) on a PC was a complete and total nightmare, and considering everything else that needed to be done, I scrapped it.

Zweiland

A note about the itineraries...

If I was on a mac, and I had iMovie, we would have had animated itinerary movies.

But, since I'm not, finding a way to do it (easily and cleanly) on a PC was a complete and total nightmare, and considering everything else that needed to be done, I scrapped it.
Aw, you should have told me you were going to use iMovie! I have a MacBook, I could have done that really quickly!

I thought you were using whatever magic you use for the rest of your videos.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Aw, you should have told me you were going to use iMovie! I have a MacBook, I could have done that really quickly!

I thought you were using whatever magic you use for the rest of your videos.
Oh...darn!

I was even considering using it as an excuse to buy a mac (I need one to play with anyhow)...

But...decided not to.

It would certainly have helped flesh out that section!

iMovie makes it really easy to do, I just don't have a mac!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I COULD have done it in After Effects, but it would have required around 30 mins to an hour per route...

And that doesn't include rendering and video conversion.

Yeah...no...

Voxel

President of Progress City
Oh...darn!

I was even considering using it as an excuse to buy a mac (I need one to play with anyhow)...

But...decided not to.

It would certainly have helped flesh out that section!

iMovie makes it really easy to do, I just don't have a mac!
I love my mac.. Though I am looking for an excuse to upgrade even though I don't really need to.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I love my mac.. Though I am looking for an excuse to upgrade even though I don't really need to.
I'm just going to buy a low end model, but I really shouldn't be as unfamiliar with it as I am.

It took me 45 minutes to find an IP address on one a few weeks ago.

Insane.

(of course, I was in a place where my cel phone doesn't work, and the computer didn't have internet, which is why I needed to see the IP address...no googling...ugh)

Voxel

I'm just going to buy a low end model, but I really shouldn't be as unfamiliar with it as I am.

It took me 45 minutes to find an IP address on one a few weeks ago.

Insane.

(of course, I was in a place where my cel phone doesn't work, and the computer didn't have internet, which is why I needed to see the IP address...no googling...ugh)
Ouch that is a long time.. Its in settings.. :p

The one think I recommend for all techie people going to Mac is to purchase iStat. It's amazing.
http://bjango.com/mac/istatmenus/

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Ouch that is a long time.. Its in settings.. :p

The one think I recommend for all techie people going to Mac is to purchase iStat. It's amazing.
http://bjango.com/mac/istatmenus/
Well, I got that it's in settings, but I couldn't figure out WHERE once I got there.

I kept screaming at it "You linux ripoff POS, let me have command line and I'd do this in 30 seconds!"

(not really, but I did think it.)

Voxel

Well, I got that it's in settings, but I couldn't figure out WHERE once I got there.

I kept screaming at it "You linux ripoff POS, let me have command line and I'd do this in 30 seconds!"

(not really, but I did think it.)
You have a command line..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom