Trip Report The something something SunPass something something maybe LIVE DVC Beach Bash trip report.COMPLETED

Hello all! It’s about that time again. We have just over 10 days until we find ourselves back in the bubble again! I’ve been holding off on starting anything for this trip because it took me soooooooo long to finish the last TR . We’re heading down again for the DVC neighborhood beach bash at Typhoon Lagoon. We went last year and had a great time while seeing some shocking things on castaway creek :eek: . So that is the “what” now for the rest. We are breaking from tradition on this trip and actually talked one of our DD’s friend’s parents into letting us take their kid on a trip! We figured this would aid in keeping the level of ornery teen we have to deal with at a minimum since they can go off and be ornery together. So the cast is:

DW(Laura), Me(Sean), and DD(Sophie)
session1.jpg

The DD’s friend(Anna) will be tagging along too for the ride.

The original plan was to get up super early on Thursday and head down for a lunchtime arrival and come back on Saturday. But seriously, who comes back from Disney on a Saturday when there is always Sunday!?!?! Cough cough Disney vacation creep cough @bee cough. So it happened again, I can’t seem to go to the bubble without adding a night to the stay. I’ve been quietly monitoring the DVC point rental boards for a good deal and just yesterday one popped up for $8.50/point! I checked the DVC availability and a 1-bedroom at Kidani was available! So, about 5 IMs back and forth and we have now extended our AKL stay by another day! NOW, the plan is:

AKL Jambo 1-bedroom Thursday-Saturday

AKL Kidani 1-bedroom Saturday-Sunday

The plan is to relax at the resort for most of the day Thursday until it is time to head to TL for the party. We plan on hanging at the party most the evening before coming back and resting. Friday is dedicated to all day at HS, 9-midnight. We’ll probably come back at lunchtime to nap and clean up before going back for the evening and our 8:00 ADR ad Sci-Fi. The DD and her friend each have a one day ticket while the DW and I have APs. This means on Saturday, they will have themselves a day of pool time at Kidani while the DW and I hit a park in the morning. We promised the girls some mini golf so we will squeeze that in either on Thursday or Saturday. We have some meals open right now and a TiW card burning a hole in our pocket so I wouldn’t be surprised if we add an ADR Saturday night too.

I’m mostly sure this will be a live TR at least that is my intention so I don’t have another lingering project like the last TR.

So there you have it, less than two weeks until the funtivities!

lostpro9het

Original Poster
Glad you had a safe trip, And your first untappd check-in will be what?
Victory Brewing FTW! It only took one glass for the DW to give us our word of the day!

Today's word of the day is: Protectorant

As in: that sunscreen has protectorant in it. Wait a minute, the more I say it the more I think it may actually be a word...OMG, now I don't know if it's actually a word...
20160623_144741.jpg

20160623_144815.jpg

aviary-image-1466708451006.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom