Trip Report The Solo, Not Solo, Back to Solo, Glass Slipper Challenge Weekend

So the title may seem a little weird, but I had originally planned this trip to be a solo trip to WDW for the Princess Half Marathon Weekend. My DH is not a fan of WDW and since he went with me in November for the Wine and Dine weekend, I decided he could have a break and I would enjoy the parks alone. A few months ago I let it slip to my aunt that I was going alone on this trip, and she somehow invited herself to go with me. The last time she travelled to WDW with me was 6 years ago and it was by far the worst Disney trip I have ever been on, needless to say I was contemplating cancelling the trip when she decided to tag along. My DH convinced me it wouldn't be so bad since it was only for a few days and I would be busy with the races so I modified my trip to include my aunt. Fast forward to 2 days before the trip when I got a phone call saying my aunt was rushed to the hospital as she was having a stroke. My aunt lives in another state so I was not able to go to the hospital, but I was being updated throughout the day. Thankfully it was very mild and she was having no serious complications so she told me to go ahead on the trip without her. After making a few calls I was able to remove her from our Disney reservation (I was only charged for a "change fee") and also get her non-refundable airline ticket refunded. So it turned out to be a solo trip after all. Now onto the trip details:

The Who: Just me :rolleyes:
The Where:
Art of Animation Resort (with an upgrade to a Cars family suite!!!)
The When: February 18th-22nd
The Why: Princess Marathon Weekend -more specifically the Glass Slipper Challenge

My/Our painted Magic Bands (mine is the castle, my aunt's would have been Dopey):
ry%3D400

Thursday February 18th:
I woke up at 3:00 am, kissed my sleeping DH goodbye and was on the road by 3:45. This was the first time I drove myself to the airport so it was a little weird, but I managed and didn't get lost (a huge accomplishment since I never drive into the city). I made it thru security quickly and was at my gate by 5:30 am, now the long wait until my flight at 6:55 am. I noticed other racers waiting for the flight, not sure I would walk around PHL airport with a tiara, but good for them for having the guts to do it!! Right before they started boarding I made a pit stop at the restroom then grabbed a bagel to eat on the flight since AA doesn't give snacks anymore :grumpy:. The flight was quick and we landed in sunny MCO at 9:22 am, about 15 minutes early! I only had my carry on, so I quickly made my way to DME and boy oh boy the lines were insane, which was a preview of what was to come for the rest of the trip. I received a text while I was in line saying my room was ready and it gave me my room number and location, I was hoping my room would be ready early since my last trip in November we had to wait hours! I finally made it on the bus and we left at 9:50 am, we made it to AOA at 10:30 am (we were the first stop). I headed straight to my room, dropped off my bag, and was on the bus to the expo at 10:50 am.

For those of you who went to the expo early on the first day, you understand what I mean when I say the lines were CRAZY! The line to get into the HP Field House was backed up all the way to the parking lot, but thankfully it went quick. There was no one in line for my bib number for the glass slipper so I was in and out in about 5 minutes. I headed upstairs to pick up my pre-ordered pins where there was a little confusion, but it was straightened out in about 10-15 minutes. I registered for the New Balance virtual queue the night before and I was in group #5 so my estimated return time was at noon, then I saw the HUGE line for the Jostens Center and began to panic, it was out the door, down the flight of steps and back by one of the fields. Thankfully I checked with a cast member and they showed me where the check in was for New Balance. There were two lines, so I jumped in the one that was out in the sun and waited to check in, once I made it up to the front and gave my confirmation number, I was told they were still assisting group #4 and I need to wait in the other line, which by this point almost doubled (I really think Disney needs better signs for these events, I was talking to other people who waited in the long line to get into the Jostens Center thinking that was where the New Balance check in was). After waiting about 25 minutes it was finally my turn, we headed inside, I tried on my shoes and was good to go, the whole thing took about 5 minutes, not sure why it was taking other people so long to try on a pair of shoes. After making the most expensive shoe purchase of my life, I headed to the runDisney merchandise and I was surprised at the lack of line! During the Wine and Dine, the line was around the entire runDisney "booth" but thankfully there was none of that this trip! I quickly grabbed a wine glass, the "I Did It" Glass Slipper shirt and car magnet, and the "my favorite Disney Princess is my Wife" shirt for my husband and was out of the booth in about 15 minutes. By this point I had already missed my first fastpass that was scheduled for Pirates, but I didn't want to miss my other two so I skipped the rest of the booths, and was out of the expo by 1pm. I dropped off my race goodies got to the Magic Kingdom at 1:45.

ry%3D400

I made it in time for my second fastpass (Splash)
ry%3D400

the wait for BTMRR was almost an hour so I headed over to Fantasyland. On my way I rode HM since it was only a 35 minute wait, and then I grabbed a picture with this handsome fellow before my FP for SDMT
ry%3D400

I had a dinner reservation at 'Ohana at 5:35 so after riding SDMT I made my way towards the front of the park and ran into these lovely ladies
ry%3D400

They were done meeting with guests, but I would have loved to meet them as I have never had the chance and with the cuts I won't be able to unless I have dinner at 1900 Park Fare. I grabbed a selfie with the castle, stopped for some new Pandora charms then made my way to the boat docks to head over to the Poly.
ry%3D400

I got to the Poly early and stopped to have a drink at Trader Sam's, the bar was full, so I headed outside, sat in the sun, listened to live music and sipped on one of these guys
ry%3D400

I highly recommend the hippopoto mi ti, it was delicious! It was time for my reservation, so I headed upstairs, checked in, and was seated quickly. The food was great as usual and I had a good view of the magic kingdom. The welcome bread is one of my favorites, and the dumplings and grilled shrimp. I was sure to save room for dessert!!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

After a very filling meal, I jumped on the monorail back to MK and grabbed a spot for Wishes. One thing I noticed was how many adults were okay with breaking rules and actually putting their children at risk of getting hurt. I was off to the side close to tomorroland and even after cast members told parents their children could not stand on top of trash cans and guard rails, they kept putting them up there!
ry%3D400
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

After watching Wishes, I went on Pirates and IASW where I noticed a lot of broken effects (the flying carpets were not moving, the sun was not spinning, the first hot air balloon in the white room was not moving) this ride needs a serious refurb. I then grabbed a spot in Liberty Square/Frontierland to watch the second MSEP. I have never watched the parade from that side of the park and it was great, and since it was the second parade there was hardly anyone there!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400
ry%3D400

ry%3D400
ry%3D400

Tinkerbell 8

Original Poster
After the parade, I stuck around to see the kiss goodnight since it's something I've never seen, so I grabbed an ice cream sandwich from the ice cream parlor and watched as the droves of people exited the park.
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400

I hopped on the bus and I was back at AOA at 11 pm. It was a great first day in Disney and a great day at MK.

Tinkerbell 8

Original Poster
Friday February 19th:
I woke up at 7 am, got ready and was on the bus headed to Epcot at 8:05, after a short 10 minute ride we arrived at Epcot where there were still people leaving after finishing the 5K. **I apologize now for the insane amount of pictures, I have come to LOVE Epcot and all the amazing details that I never used to stop and pay attention to.
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I was able to ride SSE, The Seas, Living with the Land and JIYI by 10:30. I spent a lot of time at the Seas pavilion watching the sea life, I was surprised at just how empty it was in there, but I guess everyone heads to TT or Mission Space first thing after park opening.
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400

They were adding the finishing touches to the flowers headed into World Showcase for the Flower and Garden Festival, this is one of my favorite times of year at Epcot (besides the Food and Wine Festival of course!) and I wish that I was able to enjoy more of the topiaries on this trip.
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I headed over to World Showcase at opening as I wanted to take my time exploring the countries that I generally skip over. My past three trips to WDW have taken place during F&W festival, so it was a pleasant surprise at how empty WS was and I was able to get a lot of really great photos. I always start in Mexico, so I grabbed a quick lunch at La Cantina de San Angel and had the beef tacos and the churros
ry%3D400

After lunch, I headed indoors to wait for La Cava to open, I was unable to get a margarita in November since the line was out the pavilion and I refused to wait that long for a drink, so I was not leaving Mexico without a delicious specialty margarita!
ry%3D400
ry%3D400

I also took a ride on The Grand Fiesta Tour to see the new AA's at the end which was a HUGE improvement from the screen they had before!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

After going back and forth as to which margarita I wanted (my favorite being the jalapeño margarita!) I decided to try a new flavor and got the passion fruit margarita. It was okay, not my favorite, but I found it to be a little too sweet with the foam on top.
ry%3D400

Tinkerbell 8

Original Poster
After leaving Mexico, I headed to Norway. I am looking forward to the new ride opening up, but I'm fearing the lines for that and the new M&G area for Anna and Elsa, especially after seeing the arguing that took place trying to get a photo with the topiary version of the duo.
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

There wasn't much to see in Norway so I made my way over to China
ry%3D400
ry%3D400

I skipped Reflection of China as the video makes me nauseous and the last time my husband had to walk me out of the theater 3 minutes into the film. So onto Germany!
ry%3D400
ry%3D400

One of my favorite parts of WS is the trains in Germany, I could spend hours looking at all the little details they put into the villages my father and I used to have model trains and a huge display with hand painted houses my mom made so it reminds me of my childhood
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400

Next up was Italy, I was able to catch the end of the flag show, but what I did see was pretty entertaining
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400

I headed over to America and listened to the Voices of Liberty before watching The American Adventure. This was only the second time I sat thru the show, the first time I ended up falling asleep so I made it a point to see it again and watch the whole thing

ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400

Tinkerbell 8

Original Poster
After America came Japan, I miss seeing the candy making lady, she was always my favorite, but thankfully I was selected once to pick an animal and keep the candy, it was too beautiful to eat and I kept it for a long time until it melted at home :oops:
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Then came Morocco, not one of my favorites as I did not enjoy the food during past trips, but I still find it to be one of the most beautiful countries in WS with so many details.
ry%3D400
ry%3D400

After Morocco was my favorite country, Paris! Of course I had to get my favorite orange slush and I sipped it while relaxing on a bench and people watched. I can't wait until September when we are in the real Paris (and Disneyland Paris for the half marathon!!!)
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400

I continued on to the United Kingdom and I noticed WS getting more crowded as it was now early afternoon, it was nowhere near as crowded as it was last year but I was exhausted by this point and wanted to get out of the sun so I didn't spend too much time in the UK or Canada.
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400

Last up was Canada, I didn't stay for O Canada, all I had on my mind was that I should be sitting down and relaxing since I had the 10K the next day and the half the day after that.
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400

I was finally done with WS and headed back to FW so I could sit down for a little bit, I needed to charge my phone so I headed to Innovations and sat down in an abandoned hallway where I had a great conversation with a fellow runner who had done the 5K earlier that day. One of my favorite parts about solo trips is talking to strangers and connection with other people who have a similar love/obsession with Disney.
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400

Tinkerbell 8

Original Poster
After resting for a bit I headed back towards WS, I had a reservation at 5:30 at Trattoria al forno at the Boardwalk after hearing great reviews from my sister. To save my legs I was going to take the boat around WS, but for some reason the boats weren't operating. I left through the International Gateway and jumped on a boat headed to the Boardwalk around 4.
ry%3D400

I took some time exploring the shops and stopped to have a drink at Big River Brewery. I was the only person at the bar, which I found surprising because it was almost 5, and the bartender was not very friendly, so I sat and quickly finished my beer. I tried the Long Summer Saison and I thought it was pretty good.
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I thought the restaurant was great, the servers were attentive, and the food was really good. I had the linguini with clams and the cannoli for dessert.
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

After dinner, I took the boat to Hollywood Studios to grab the bus back to AOA and was in my room by 7 pm. I wanted to be well rested for the first part of the Glass Slipper Challenge.

Tinkerbell 8

Original Poster
Saturday February 20th:
It was finally the day of the race!! I was excited as this was my first 10K (unless you count the Wine and Dine Half Half Marathon). I woke up at 2:15, had breakfast in my room (great part about being in the family suites and shipping food down the week prior) and got into my Rapunzel costume. I was at the bus stop at 3 am and was on the first bus at 3:25. I wanted to get to the race early so I could grab some pictures with the characters and be in the front of the corral since I was in corral F.
ry%3D400

The lines were crazy, so I was only able to grab a picture with Belle and the half marathon screen since I figured the lines would be worse for the half the next day.
ry%3D400

Corral F didn't start until about 6:25 and it was pretty cold waiting around, my arms and hands were freezing by the time we moved from corral F to the starting line.
ry%3D400

Right before mile 1 we passed Anna and Elsa on the overpass.
ry%3D400

Starting back in corral F I didn't want to stop to take pictures of the mile markers or characters since the lines were so long, so I took them on the move.
ry%3D400
ry%3D400

After mile 2 Pocahontas and Meeko were out
ry%3D400

The mile 3 marker was Tangled, so I had to stop and grab a selfie since I was dressed up as Rapunzel for this race
ry%3D400

After mile 3 we entered Epcot, and one of the things I noticed was how bad it smells in the backstage areas! I'm not sure what facilities they have back there but it was awful!
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400

Once we entered WS, Pinocchio and Jiminy Cricket were meeting guests, but the lines were HUGE
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400

In France, Cogsworth and Lumiarie were out, and again the line was HUGE and unfortunately this isn't the greatest picture, but by this point the balloon ladies were closing in so I was actually running this portion of the race instead of my previous walk/run interval.
ry%3D400

After mile 4 we left WS and were on the boardwalk. I found it difficult to run on the boards as they were went so I slowed down until we crossed over to the Beach/Yacht Club
ry%3D400

Mile 5 was before we entered Epcot again
ry%3D400

I was happy to be back in the park because I knew we were almost at the end and by this point my right foot was killing me, which was something new, usually my knees are sore, but this was a stabbing pain in the arch of my right foot and I wanted to be sure this subsided before the half
ry%3D400

Last mile!!
ry%3D400

It felt great to finish my first 10K!! When I was done the race I went back to the hotel and took a nap, I was beat!
ry%3D400

Tinkerbell 8

Original Poster
After a nap I headed over to Hollywood Studios, I love the view now that the BAH is gone!
ry%3D400
ry%3D400

I was starving, that snack box I got after the race wasn't enough so my first stop was Fairfax where I had the pork sandwich which was pretty good
ry%3D400

When I was finished lunch, I noticed the Beauty and the Beast stage show was about to start so I decided to relax and digest since I had never seen the show before. I thought it was a good show and the performers did a great job
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400

After the show I headed back down Sunset Blvd to the Great Movie Ride. After countless times on this ride, I finally got the cowboy scene! I was so excited as every other time I have been in the back car with the gangster I was beginning to think I would never get that experience. After the GMR, I started to head towards TSMM for my FP, but made a quick stop to see Mickey
ry%3D400

I went on TSMM and had a blast as usual, I wish the line for this ride wasn't always so long cause I would just keep riding it to try to increase my score, I beat my previous high score and had the highest score in the car
ry%3D400
ry%3D400

It was a beautiful sunny day so I decided to cool off with a drink, I found a shaded area and just relaxed. I met a wonderful woman who I talked to for about 15 minutes and it was great to talk to someone, even though I love being in WDW solo, it can get a little lonely. She was a local who travels to Disney alone about once a month and she was telling me all the things she has experienced in Disney since its opening back in '71.
ry%3D400

As I was walking down the Streets of America I noticed a long line forming, I wasn't sure if it was a M&G so I stopped and saw it was actually Cinderella's glass slipper. What was more fitting for this weekend than to have my picture with the glass slipper!!
ry%3D400

After this surprising photo op, I headed over to the Muppets to get out of the sun and take a little break from all the walking.
ry%3D400
ry%3D400

After the short break, I headed over to tower of terror for my FP. I am looking forward to the new rides and experiences that are planned for this park as I pretty much saw everything I enjoy in this park in a few hours.
ry%3D400

After the ride I made my way to the park exit to head over to the Beach Club for my dinner reservation at Cape May Café.
ry%3D400
ry%3D400

Dinner was great and Cape May is still one of my favorite restaurants on property, I LOVE all the different seafood, especially the crab legs.
ry%3D400
ry%3D400

Tinkerbell 8

Original Poster
Thanks @myhappyplace, the pascal toy is my dogs and she was not very happy when I borrowed it! I saw some great costumes, some people are so creative and talented! It gave me some great ideas for future races.

Tinkerbell 8

Original Poster
Sorry for the gap in the trip report, I've been swamped between grad school, work and my internship. Anyways...
After my delicious dinner at Cape May, I headed back to Hollywood Studios to watch Symphony in the Stars. I am not a fan of Star Wars, but I've never seen fireworks at Hollywood Studios and they were pretty early so I figured I would still be able to get a good nights sleep for the half the next day. For those of you that have not seen this show, all I have to say is WOW. It was one of the most firework filled nighttime show I've ever seen, especially the finale! I was able to grab a great spot to watch the show
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400

The show is only 15 minutes long, but it was great and I'm hoping that this is something that continues at HS. I was back in my room by 9 pm and the alarm was set to go off in 5 hours. After a great nights sleep, I woke up to my very early alarm at 2 am, had some breakfast in my room and got ready for the big day. Even though this was my second "half" marathon, my first one (Wine and Dine) wasn't the full half so this was really my first time doing a full half marathon and I was really excited and nervous. My body felt pretty good after the 10k the day before and I tried to take it easy to be sure I would be able to do the race and complete the challenge. Again I was on the first bus leaving AOA and I met up with the same girls I met the day before and we waited together before the race. As soon as we entered the waiting area I saw Snow White, and I just HAD to get my picture with her since I was dressed up like her for the race.
ry%3D400

We wanted to get to the front of our corral so we headed over there pretty early, and I must say, the walk to the corrals was ridiculous! We were in corral N and it felt like we walked for about 2 miles just to get there, not only that but it was dark and we were going thru wet grass and uneven surfaces so I was extra careful, my luck I would twist my ankle walking to the corrals and I wouldn't be able to run. Thankfully, we finally made it and were able to grab a spot at the very front of the corral. We took a seat and relaxed, I'm not quite sure why people stand the whole time, especially since our corral wouldn't start for about an hour after the start of the race. After what seemed like FOREVER, it was finally time to start moving and making our way to the start. Since I was in the very front, I wasn't able to get a picture of the fireworks going off for our start :oops:. I wanted to get out ahead as much as I could before the next corral started to give myself some extra time later in the race. Before I got to mile one I noticed across the road that the first finisher was getting ready to cross the finish line, we all cheered him on and it was good motivation to keep going!
ry%3D400

There wasn't too much going on for the first part of the race, I found the highway running to be very boring. I did like some of the entertainment Disney had lined up like the marching bands, reminded me of my high school days playing in band.
ry%3D400

It seemed a little better once the sun was up, I'm not a great morning person as it is, let alone before the sun is up so it gave me some energy. We saw this hot air balloon before we made it to the Magic Kingdom area
ry%3D400

Finally made it to the Magic Kingdom sign!
ry%3D400

Of course I had to stop briefly to take a selfie
ry%3D400

Finally saw mile 3!
ry%3D400

Right after mile 3 was the Nightmare Before Christmas meet and greet, like the 10k, I noticed long lines for the M&G, maybe I wouldn't be stopping for any pictures :(
ry%3D400

I noticed the road was getting more narrow and I had to start passing people by going onto the grass. This was one of my biggest issues with this race was how narrow a lot of the course was, especially in and around Magic Kingdom.
ry%3D400

Finally at mile 4!! I LOVED all the people cheering, it felt so great to have support even if it wasn't my family/friends
ry%3D400

After mile 4 was the performers from the Luau show at the Polynesian, again I thought the music was great and kept me going
ry%3D400

Mile 5 was right before we entered Magic Kingdom
ry%3D400

I was glad I was keeping my 15 minute mile pace, especially since I hadn't trained at all for this race :rolleyes: Finally made it to Magic Kingdom, you can see how narrow it got
ry%3D400

I also noticed this was when people started walking a lot more than running, this combined with the narrow path was when I started getting frustrated, but that would soon go away when I saw this beauty
ry%3D400

Again had to stop for a selfie
ry%3D400

Tinkerbell 8

Original Poster
I had planned on taking a pee break in Tomorrowland, but after seeing the HUGE lines, I figured I would just keep going and look for another bathroom with a shorter line. As I was passing Fantasyland, I asked a volunteer if the bathroom back by Gaston's was open, sure enough it was, so I made a dash and there was no line!!! After my quick pit stop I was back in the race and ready to pass thru the castle where I saw these folks
ry%3D400

I was hoping to have my photo taken as I was running thru, but I was missed :( I stopped to take another quick selfie before making my way to Liberty Square
ry%3D400

Over in Frontierland was mile 6, almost half way done! I was still feeling great and the temperature was still nice even with the sun.
ry%3D400

We entered the backstage area and there were a few Princesses with their Princes, I noticed the people working this area were very rude, I was trying to snap a picture of the characters and I ran pass since the lines were so long, and they were yelling at everyone to keep moving and to not take pictures, I know this is probably to reduce crowds and people blocking the path, but they could have been a little nicer about it.
ry%3D400
ry%3D400

After passing Belle and Sleeping Beauty, we were on a very tiny path in the woods. It felt like this was a golf cart path as it was only wide enough for about 5 people shoulder to shoulder. At this point it seemed like everyone was walking and it was almost impossible to pass, even in the grass.
ry%3D400

It started to open up again around mile 7 thankfully, but I felt like it took me forever to get from mile 6 to 7
ry%3D400

After mile 7 Mary Poppins, Bert and the penguins were out, again there was a huge line, but I have a picture from MVMCP with them so it wasn't that important
ry%3D400

Around Shades of Green and the Magnolia golf course was this super cute Mickey Mouse golf cart, I wish I had one of these at home on our course!
ry%3D400

Finally at mile 8!!
ry%3D400

There wasn't anything too exciting between miles 8 and 9, just more highway
ry%3D400

Double digits! The end is near!!
ry%3D400

The number of overpasses was ridiculous, each one seemed to get worse, both on the incline and the angle of the curve and by this point my right foot was killing me, but I made sure to keep running when I passed these guys
ry%3D400

Finally at mile 11!
ry%3D400

So close to finishing, yet so far....especially once I got a glimpse at the final 2 overpasses leading to Epcot. I saw a few people running across the field to cut out part of the race, seriously what is the point? So you're skipping like three tenths of a mile, the only person you're hurting is yourself, at this point its not a race against others, only a race against yourself. Shame on those who tried to take the easy way out. Anyway, enough of that rant, closing in on Epcot now
ry%3D400

It must suck to have to stand there like this for hours watching people run past...
ry%3D400

Finally entering backstage at Epcot!!!
ry%3D400

I knew we were almost done so I tried to run the rest of the race as the crowds were thinning out now. Had to take another selfie
ry%3D400

Last mile marker!!!!
ry%3D400

Making that final turn to the finish line was amazing with all those people cheering. I couldn't help but tear up a little bit, I was proud of myself for accomplishing this goal I set for myself, I was proud that I finally completed my first half marathon and first runDisney challenge, and I was sad that I didn't have my husband there at the end of the race. I finished about 7 minutes under my goal time too so that was something else to be excited about.
ry%3D400

After crossing the finish, I grabbed my half medal and made my way to the Glass Slipper Challenge tent to get my challenge medal. I thought this process went quickly and smoothly and I was in and out in about 3 minutes. I grabbed a bottle of water and powerade and a snack box and the princess drawstring bag before making my way to the busses. My fingers were so swollen that I had to ask someone to open my water (I tried raising my hands throughout the race but it didn't seem to make much difference, if someone has a tip for this please let me know!) I grabbed a bag of ice, waited for a bus for a few minutes and was quickly back to the resort. People seemed very confused seeing costume wearing, mostly limping/gimping, adults getting off the bus at the resort, but all I cared about was getting back to my room and icing my foot. I ate my snack box while my foot was elevated with ice, took a shower, then laid down in bed and took a nap for about an hour and a half.

LisaBelle

Congratulations on your accomplishment! My sister and I ran the 5K. I can see myself trying the 10K, but don't know if I can do the half marathon. Looking forward to the rest of your report.

Tinkerbell 8

Original Poster
After my nap, I left AOA at 12:30 and headed to Animal Kingdom. I made my way to Africa for my FP+ for festival of the lion king. This was the first time I saw the show in the new theater/location and I thought it was a much better fit back in Africa rather than in camp Minnie/Mickey.
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400

After the show, I headed over to Kilimanjaro Safari for my second FP+. There were a lot of animals out, however I noticed my driver was not very involved, she was pretty quiet throughout the ride and didn't really stop for us to take pictures. All the other times I've been on this ride, the driver will stop briefly, especially when there is an animal really close to the vehicle, I know they can't stop often or for too long but its always nice to be able to snap some great pictures, but this woman just would not stop.
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400

After the safari, I spent some time exploring the animals on the Pangani Forrest Trail
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400

After the Forrest Trail, I headed over to the Maharajah Jungle Trek
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400

Tinkerbell 8

Original Poster
After spending a few hours exploring all the paths and animals, I made my way back to the front of the park so I could head over to Animal Kingdom Lodge for dinner at Sanaa.
ry%3D400
ry%3D400

I got to Animal Kingdom Lodge early so I could spend some time on the savanna. I happened to get there during their feeding time so the animals were active.
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400

It was finally time for my dinner, this was my first time going to Sanaa and I was really looking forward to the bread service since I've heard so many good things about it. The restaurant was great, it is now one of my favorites and I can't wait to go back to try even more of the bread dipping sauces (I only got 2 sauces since I was by myself I didn't want to be wasteful) I tried the cucumber and the garlic dip with the garlic nan. For my entrée I had the shrimp and beef with rice, then for dessert I had the chocolate mouse.
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400

After my amazing dinner, I headed to Disney Springs to do some last minute shopping. I thought it was really cool that they had the congratulation signs for the half marathon set up.
ry%3D400
ry%3D480

I went to the scrapbook store and I was really sad that they no longer have year specific scrapbooks or scrapbook kits. Every year I get these kits/scrapbooks and I'm not sure why they stopped making them. I was also shocked at the lack of scrapbooking items, they mostly just had things for photo albums, I even checked the World of Disney store and they had the same pathetic selection. I stopped over at the Christmas store to get my yearly ornament and I got my dog a new Disney toy since I borrowed her Pascal toy for my costume. I was exhausted by this point so I headed back to my resort to pack since I had an early flight the next day :cry:

Tinkerbell 8

Original Poster
I absolutely LOVED Art of Animation resort, if you have not visited, you should go and look at all the details!!
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400

My room was AMAZING and I am now spoiled by the family suites. It was too large for just myself, but I think it would be great if my husband or someone else had been with me so we had our own space.
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400

Monday morning I woke up bright and early, the horrible Magical Express was coming at 7 am, that's the worst bus ride in Disney. It's always sad when your Disney trip comes to an end, but thankfully I have a trip planned to Disneyland Paris in September so I have that to look forward to! This was a great solo trip, I had a blast doing the Princess Half Marathon, I met some really great people and I accomplished my goals (glass slipper challenge). I was completely exhausted after 4 days in the parks and the 2 races back to back. According to my Fitbit, I ended up walking 60 miles in those 4 days, no wonder my feet were killing me!! I can't wait to plan our trip to Paris and our next trip to WDW (looking at either WDW Marathon weekend or Princess weekend for 2017!).

Thanks for reading my crazy picture filled report!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom