The Skyway

WDW-Crazy

Original Poster
Hey all, I was wondering what ever became of the remnants of this ride once it was removed (other than the recently removed/modified stations). I'm referring to the one that ran in the Magic Kingdom, not Disneyland's. I so remember this ride like yesterday, I last rode it in January of 1999 not even knowing it would be under the chopping block eleven months later. Would be interesting to know where the gondolas ended up after the ride's closure and if they're still on property anywhere.

WDW-Crazy

Original Poster
That's cool. I wonder if they can be seen on satellite imagery (aka Bing aerials)? Was that pretty recent that some of them are used there?

IndianaJones

My folks still have home video from one of the trips we took back in the early 90's where my dad filmed the entire Skyway. We started in Tomorrowland and finished up in Fantasyland. I always miss that when I see where the 2 stations used to be. I should get my mom to pull those tapes out for me. Gotta track down a VCR though.

Epicpilot

The fantasyland station was still standing until themed bathrooms were put there... Here is a video of it while it was still standing and operating.

And a video of its demise in 2011

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom