The Single Best Resort from All the Moderate and Deluxe Resorts???

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Hi folks heading to the world in bwt 10 days for 3 weeks staying at Pop Century! When i was 12 i stayd at All Star Music with my uncle and last year i started my own trips after 10 years and stayd at All Star Movies with my DGF and her DD and only switchd to Pop Century coz d bus shared way too much last year 4 my liking and pop had hundreds of dem in comparison! Anyway, on to my point, next year wev sum work to do with our house and were completely changing our garden so beyond a miracle it will be 2011 before we return to the world (hopefully for wdw 40th birthday celebrations) and given a 2 year break im pretty sure we will be able to afford a minimum of 3 weeks at a mod or a deluxe and in my opinion u guys are brill for info and uv all had sum great trips to d world (loving disneygirl76 trip report of the Grand Floridian) and prob more than i will ever get 2 have in my lifetime so i want to hear everyones opinion on what the best mod or deluxe is out of all the resorts in The World????? Your opinions/reviews will be greatly appreciated and will influence my choice, thanx very much in advance for any and all opinions!!

dxwwf3

My point is, there are plenty of viewing areas around the resort. And for about $70 extra a night, I just think it is a big rip off. For maybe $20 or $25 extra, I guess I could see it (Although I wouldn't personally do it).

When we stayed at AKL, we had a standard view room, but I believe they upgraded us to a Savannah view room because of the construction of Kidani Village. We saw plenty of animals from our porch and did view them there, but we also viewed them from other spots as well and would have never paid extra for the view.

Upvote 0

Mrs.Toad

I have visited every place but for 15 trips with my family I have always stayed at the Floridian. I did do Caribbean Beach with a group once...and the whole time I missed the Floridian and in a way the great service I was used to.

There is nothing like walking into the lobby after a long day at the park. The smell of fresh cut flowers hits you in the face. It's like walking into Main Street USA part 2 after a long day. The people are friendly as well as the atmosphere. I've seen small orchestras and the soothing sounds of a piano player as well. The lobby rocks!

There are many food choices and the rooms are comfy. The beds are like sleeping on a cloud.

Also, nothing beats a monorail resort to get around WDW and the little boat by Narcoossee's that can take you to MK in minutes flat.

Upvote 0

chwilson88

We always stay at the Beach Club. It's my personal favorite, but I'm coming from New England so obviously I have a biased opinion since that resort is modeled after New England style, Cape Coddy type places. It's charming, close to Epcot, where we dine every night during our stay, and it's set on a beautiful lakeside scene.

Upvote 0

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
I've stayed at a few of the resorts (but not all of them by any means) and my vote to date goes to the Beach Club. I say so for 2 reasons -- 1) it was a very well maintained facility and had exceptional atmosphere, and 2.) it was REALLY close to Epcot! :D

How long to get to epcot???

Upvote 0

EPCOTPluto

I never stayed in any Deluxe resorts, like the Contemporary or the Polynesian (my personal favorites!), but I once stayed at POR thanks to an online AP discount price.
It was an amazing experience! We stayed at the Alligator Bayou, (right by the main lobby), had breakfast at Boatwright's (egg. benedict. :slurp:) and imbibed the entire resort from a walking tour of the place the second day there. It was one night only, which means we'll probably be back. When those discount rates apply again!

(Most of the time, the WDW resorts we stay in are All Stars & Pop Century, but I think it's a bit of a stretch to admit that in a Moderate/Deluxe thread...)

Upvote 0

sueuk

We love AKL and Beach Club for different reasons. AKL is a unique experience - while you're there it really feels like being in Africa, and sitting for breakfasy on your balcony watching animals graze .... fab. The Beach Club is amazing for access to the parks (Epcot 5 min walk and HS 15 min walk or a boat trip) plus the restaurants and entertainment of the Boardwalk. The beach at night sitting with a drink and watching movies under the stars is another great experience.

Upvote 0

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
We love AKL and Beach Club for different reasons. AKL is a unique experience - while you're there it really feels like being in Africa, and sitting for breakfasy on your balcony watching animals graze .... fab. The Beach Club is amazing for access to the parks (Epcot 5 min walk and HS 15 min walk or a boat trip) plus the restaurants and entertainment of the Boardwalk. The beach at night sitting with a drink and watching movies under the stars is another great experience.

Id say i wouldnt go wrong with either resort so :wave:
For me i really think its coming down to Animal Kingdom Lodge, The Polynesian or a Boardwalk Resort like The Beach Club, these 3 stand out the most for me from what ive read

Upvote 0

sueuk

Id say i wouldnt go wrong with either resort so :wave:
For me i really think its coming down to Animal Kingdom Lodge, The Polynesian or a Boardwalk Resort like The Beach Club, these 3 stand out the most for me from what ive read
Us too my DH is already planning (for the next visit and we haven't had this year's yet) and he'd like to stay at the Poly. So I'll have loads of questions for everyone.

Upvote 0

Stellajack

Animal Kingdom Lodge - makes you cry it is so special

Exactly!! Listening to the resort music is moving even as you just walk through the hallway.

Conversations with the guides out at the observation area and storytime around the firepit ALL make this such a unique experience.

Get a picture of the Florida sunset over the savanna.

Dress in native colors for a market-place adventure when you eat in Boma's. Try some couscous! :wave:

Upvote 0

lives4disney

WL - Lobby
Polynesian - overall atmosphere and transportation
Animal Kingdom Lodge - makes you cry it is so special

Oh that is soo sweet. :) That is how I feel about the Grand Floridian. I LOVE that place. :animwink: We have tried just about all the Disney deluxe resorts but the GF holds a special place in our hearts and nothing can compare...the CMs and the service have consistently been fabulous for us there. They treat us like gold and even upgraded us to the Walt Disney Suite for my 40th bday. I have so many magical memories of our GF stays. I have a hard time staying anywhere else...and if we do we always do a split stay and wind up at the Grand. We were there for my daughter's birthday last July and a cast member knew it was her bday and asked the orchestra to play Happy Birthday to her...and they did...they announced to the whole lobby that it was her birthday and they were playing this for her. LOVE that place!!!:animwink::animwink:

Happy planning,
Lives4Disney

Upvote 0

Stellajack

crash dude!
You're really getting some great experiences related here. I hope you're taking good notes 'cause it's going to be hard for you to make a decision based on all this great info.:lol:

This is a great thread, brings out all the best memories for us to share about our stays.

Don't rule out the Moderates that you are considering, even though the deluxe resorts seem to have taken center stage here.

Upvote 0

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
crash dude!
You're really getting some great experiences related here. I hope you're taking good notes 'cause it's going to be hard for you to make a decision based on all this great info.:lol:

This is a great thread, brings out all the best memories for us to share about our stays.

Don't rule out the Moderates that you are considering, even though the deluxe resorts seem to have taken center stage here.

Oh i am taking in everything, this thread has become great, its making my decision harder :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:
I see ur headed to the AKL in 3 weeks, hope u have a blast im headin to pop in 3 days :sohappy:
Hope ul have info on AKL for me and as many pics as u can get :lol:

Upvote 0

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
Oh that is soo sweet. :) That is how I feel about the Grand Floridian. I LOVE that place. :animwink: We have tried just about all the Disney deluxe resorts but the GF holds a special place in our hearts and nothing can compare...the CMs and the service have consistently been fabulous for us there. They treat us like gold and even upgraded us to the Walt Disney Suite for my 40th bday. I have so many magical memories of our GF stays. I have a hard time staying anywhere else...and if we do we always do a split stay and wind up at the Grand. We were there for my daughter's birthday last July and a cast member knew it was her bday and asked the orchestra to play Happy Birthday to her...and they did...they announced to the whole lobby that it was her birthday and they were playing this for her. LOVE that place!!!:animwink::animwink:

Happy planning,
Lives4Disney

Wow some amazing experiences there, i dont know if i could afford the length of time id want to stay at the GF but i could end up there maybe for my last week, it does truly sound amazing, il get to see it for the 1st time in a week or so when i dine at 1900 park fare, cant wait :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Upvote 0

828tnt

i love reading threads like this! i think so many people dismiss the value of your resort in the overall disney experience. i mean, just look at the resorts discussed so far in this post- you can't tell me it doesn't truly enhance your disney experience.....

i can say this from our own personal experience: we have tried many resorts so far and plan on trying them ALL. also, we've NEVER been truly unhappy with any resort, although two so far haven't seemed quite as special to us.

here's our list of where we've stayed:
poly
grand floridian
contemporary
old key west
saratoga springs

we're dvc members and we currently have the following anxiously booked for reservation:
akl
boardwalk
wilderness lodge

we've visited all of these resorts and are unbelievably anxious to finally get to visit each of our new bookings! but i think the most important thing to take into consideration is what type of experience are you looking for?

the only times we had a "less than disney" experience was when we stayed at okw and the contemporary. i honestly blame ourselves for that. on each trip, we just stayed there to stay there- so to speak. for example when we stayed at the contemporary, we didn't stay in the main building- don't ever, ever consider that (although i think the blt will be amazing...). also when we stayed at okw it was my son and i. i can easily see me wife and i loving this place if it were just us!

as to your original question, here's my list in order: (only of places already stayed at)
gf- maybe our best vaca ever! we enjoyed the 4/3 deal (pre dvc 4us).
awesome facilities, the boys loved the water pageant, seeing the mk at 4
am is surreal.....

poly- i was young, but i completely get what everyone has to say here!

saratoga springs resort- no doubt it was better with pi open,
(KUNGALOOSH!) but a spectacular resort never the less!

contemporary- no matter what, it has real disney feel!

okw- comfy and relaxed al the way!

again, it all depends on what youre going for. my wife and i are really looking forward to our trip to boardwalk in dec. we love epcot, and the kids not as much, so its perfect. the akl is so unique, i just can't wait to wake the kids up to see the savana! and i've always been a sucker for the wl.

one not mentioned, although i'm not certain it will fit your tastes based on this thread, is the wilderness campground. i honestly can't wait to fully enjoy this with the kids. it seems to be geared for the family experience so much more completely than anywhere else. it just screams "REAL DISNEY" to me!!!

no matter what, enjoy your trip! and KUNGALOOSH!

Upvote 0

SusanAnne

I have stayed at All StarMovies/Music, Pop, Cornando, Carribbean Beach and AKL, and by far the the best to me is AKL, the theming is fantastic and it instantly takes you to Africa. It is beautiful and the busing is great, I don't feel it is that far away, if you choose AKL you won't be dissapointed. In Sept we are going to stay at the Swan to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary, and I can't wait to stay there. As long as you are on Disney property you will have a great time..

Upvote 0

prspeppers

As far as Moderates go I love Port Orleans French Quarter...I think its much more relaxing and quite than Riverside....although Riverside is great as well.

As far as Deluxe...I honestly wouldn't waste the money. Go to a DVC rental sight such as Daves... His website is DVCrequest.com. For half of the price your going to pay to stay at a deluxe resort you can stay at a DVC resort if you rent points from members...and thier just as nice....if not better.

With that being said.....The Beach Club villas are awesome because of their proximity to Epcot. Being able to walk into Epcot at night is amazing. I also truely love the Old Key West Resort. Its nice and quiet and just has a great vibe. The resort is fairly spread out so walking to the main pool area may take 10 minutes or so....but who cares! Your on vacation!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom