The Rights to Roger Rabbit

jiddng

Connor002 said:
Was she really? Was she a face character? I can't imagine parent's reaction to that. She dosen't exactly personify Disney values...

Yes, she was - as well as the dipmobile. She was just a life-sized cardboard cutout, and it was the only spot where you'd see dads lined up to be IN the picture :)

That area used to have the "crates" with sound effects - lift the lid of the crate and you'd hear a sound effect. Then there was the dipmobile - kids could either climb up the platform on the back to be driving it, or some (like mine) would lie down in front of the roller and pretend they were being run over by it.

Now it's another merchandising point.

Tom

Beta Return
Connor002 said:
Was she really? Was she a face character? I can't imagine parent's reaction to that. She dosen't exactly personify Disney values...

I don't think she'd be considered a "Face Character" if she were in the parks......perhaps a "Chest Character"! I will quit my job and fly down there tomorrow to run auditions! :lol:

Halfling418

Connor002 said:

She may have looked questionable, but if you have ever watched the movie, she's really a sweet character. Just like she says, "I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way." Hehe. I love her for the same reason I love Betty Boop--beautiful, but innocent.

DisneyFreak529

blackride said:
Too bad kids now a days have no idea who Roger Rabbit is....

Well Roger Rabbit the Movie is 10 years old! It's a generation thing. It's not a classic like most of the other Disney cartoon movies. I really didn't care to much for it. It was funny the frist 2 times.

Slacking

To me it's a classic. I absolutely love the flick.

I loved cartoon spin too.

I believe a lot of the dispute over the characters comes from the fact that Amblin (in short... Steven Spielberg) have some stake in the character and have some say how and where the character is used. (please correct me if I'm wrong)

DisneyFreak529

Connor002 said:

I agree I really can't see Jessica in the parks.
I don't think she was ever in the park. Here is the link were you can find all the charater that were in the park.

http://home.att.net/~disneysue/characters/wdw/disneycharacters.html
I love this site it tells you were & when they found the charater.
They photos of there Autographics and pictures of them.

They do not have any Jessica photos or Roger Rabbit photos. They have never seen either in the parks ever.

Since1976

Wasn't Roger Rabbit a Touchstone Film, due to its mature themes? As such, RR is more of a parody of children's cartoon characters, rather than a character for kids.

I think that is the reason why Disney hasn't made more use of the character. From what I can recall, the only real presence RR ever had at WDW was at MGM, and even there he was only treated as a movie character, rather than as a Disney character.

Number_6

DisneyFreak529 said:
I agree I really can't see Jessica in the parks.
I don't think she was ever in the park. Here is the link were you can find all the charater that were in the park.

I love this site it tells you were & when they found the charater.
They photos of there Autographics and pictures of them.

They do not have any Jessica photos or Roger Rabbit photos. They have never seen either in the parks ever.

Roger was in the Parks for a few years after the movie came out. I should know, I got my picture with him. It's around here somewhere, so if I can find it, I'll try to scan it in. I can't remember for certain, but I think I found him at Epcot somewhere. It was, of course, quite a number of years ago. But he was out there.

DisneyFreak529

Number_6 said:
I should know, I got my picture with him.

I never said he wasn't, I was just saying with the site was saying. They have never seen him.

I would love to see the picture. I hope you can scan it. Thanks for the info. :)

Connor002

[the Toons gather around Judge Doom's remains]
Mickey Mouse: Gosh, I wonder who he really was?
Bugs Bunny: I'll tell you one thing, Doc. He weren't no rabbit.
Daffy Duck: Or a duck.
Goofy: Or a dog.
Pinocchio: Or a little wooden boy.
Big Bad Wolf: Or a... sheep.
Woody Woodpecker: Or a woodpecker.
Sylvester: Or a pu$$y.

Lines like that probally makes disney squirm...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom