The Red Button Option

MerlinTheGoat

I don't recall 7DMT ever being billed as anything like this. Most of the marketing was around New Fantasyland as a whole, there was relatively little fanfare for 7DMT individually.
There was a lot of hype for 7DMT. Somewhat less so earlier on when announced, but it ramped up considerably near its opening.

There was also a lot of initial heavy marketing for the Little Mermaid ride, though that died down considerably due to it opening in California first and being considered a big disappointment.

Disstevefan1

Hey, if Walt had had to sell the parks to keep the movies cranking out, he would have.

Not so sure about that. Its fun to speculate what Walt would do, but it seemed to me at the end of his life he seemed be focused on EPCOT, still planning it out, staring at the tiled ceiling from his death bed.

I don’t know Walt, I can only go by what I have seen, he did not seem the type to crank out anything for the sake of cranking it out. He and his brother would fight cause Walt would want to do something over, spending more money to get it to his liking. That does not seem to me someone who wants to just crank something out.

He was quoted about films, once it’s done and in the can, that’s it, we cant change it, and what he liked about the theme parks is he could constantly change them and improve them.

Last edited:

_caleb

Fan forums probably had nothing to do with it, but the media’s reaction to Ouimet and the internal respect must’ve caused professional jealousy. DL CMs loved the guy; he was like the second coming of D ck Nunis.

It was also a different era online. About 6–8 years ago, there were deep concerns that fan forums would affect company reputations. That’s about the time companies hired social media flunkies to constantly battle negative opinions. You’d be surprised at how often posts from this place and the Chatty Mice would be referenced in meetings, especially when fans documented poor maintenance. But once social media primarily split between diehard lovers and haters, companies paid less attention.
I think they‘re still paying attention. Info spreads far and wide on social media, but content there comes from the bloggers, YouTubers, and Instafluencers, who all get their content from here and the chatty mice.

the.dreamfinder

WDWmagic:

Come for the Disney news, stay for the optimism.
1595961973167.jpeg

“wHY r YoU aLl So NeGAtiVe?!?!”

WDW Pro

Original Poster
I think they‘re still paying attention. Info spreads far and wide on social media, but content there comes from the bloggers, YouTubers, and Instafluencers, who all get their content from here and the chatty mice.

I would say in the last month there has been significant effort made to determine who I am. I've seen private messages that seemed to be professionally developed in an effort to coax information out of me.

Riverrafter21

Just give it a few more years, $hapek will devalue the company to the point where OLC can afford to buy the parks. lol

While I detest what both Bobs have become I think Chapek is perfect for the climate right now. No need to innovate or build for a few years, pop out a dinning promotion or two, keep milking Marvel and Favreau, and stay the course. Let the heads of your studios uses the acquisitions, let Josh run the parks, show improvement quarterly, and let Crassus concentrate on Parthia...I mean let Iger concentrate on politics. A boring bean counter who will listen to creative imput seems to work well.

Last edited:

britain

While I detest what both Bobs have become I think Chapek is perfect for the climate right now. No need to innovate or build for a few years, pop out a dinning promotion or two, keep milking Marvel and Favreau, and stay the course. Let the heads of your studios uses the acquisitions, let Josh run the parks, and show improvement quarterly, and let Crassus concentrate on Parthia...I mean let Iger concentrate on politics. A boring bean counter who will listen to creative imput seems to work well.

Even if it didn't come naturally to Chapek, I think a bean counter might be required because of the situation we're in for the next few years.

_caleb

I would say in the last month there has been significant effort made to determine who I am. I've seen private messages that seemed to be professionally developed in an effort to coax information out of me.
I noticed. This is part of what has informed my own crackpot opinion. The funny thing is that you’re stuck in the middle- many members here don’t believe you‘re a true insider (IMHO, more to do with how you present things than with the information per se), while someone out there clearly believes you are an insider (and they are working to figure out how you might know what you might know).

Unless, of course, all the aggressive bots coming after you are just part of your plan to add to the perception that you are a credible insider... (Though honestly, the way you interacted here about the Splash Mountain news actually convinced me that you’re a real person and not just a character.)

I’m not ruling out that your ”Red Button Option” might be a trial balloon (as we’ve seen done before) just to get a read on how the uberfans might respond to the idea of Disney selling off SDL and HKDL.

But it’s also a possibility that someone else is behind ”leaks” like this, and Disney is trying to figure out who might be responsible.

Lilofan

Even if it didn't come naturally to Chapek, I think a bean counter might be required because of the situation we're in for the next few years.
I would think the ones who survive the layoffs will consider themselves very lucky and all will be perhaps held accountable for being a bean counter.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom