Trip Report The Rain Never Bothered Us Anyway - June 2024

Hi! We're back and I'm sort of settled back into our routine, so I thought I would try to get started on this report. There were lots of ups and downs, but we had a good trip! And as my title suggests, the torrential rain and flooding they were calling for did not happen and we were not bothered by the rain that did happen! I'm going to start with some general thoughts in this first post before jumping into the actual trip, so please bear with me.

I really struggled this trip, and not just the way you would think I would and definitely not just the way I thought I would. It was definitely hard going back without Lily, but I really struggled physically this time too. I've always been blessed with a good metabolism and have stayed pretty much the same weight I was in high school (things just shifted a little after having kids), but I'm going to be honest here and tell you all that I've been pretty lazy and sedentary since Lily's accident and we haven't had the best eating habits. Combine that with the hormone changes that happened almost like a light switch went off when I turned 50, and I'm carrying 15 more pounds than I am used to. My legs and feet hurt like they never have before on a Disney trip! By the end of our 5th day, my left ankle and foot were swollen and the top of my foot looked like I was getting the "Disney crud" on it. I wore the same shoes on our first day that I have always worn on Disney trips and that I wore all weekend in Des Moines and have never had any issues with, but I had pretty bad blisters on my left foot by the end of our first day. Luckily, I had plenty of blister band aids and such and was able to treat them and not have them give me much issue. I was just not able to tolerate the heat like I used to be able too either! All of this was very frustrating to me.

My heart was literally breaking the first day watching Owen struggle. He and Lily were so close, and he thought he would be ok, but he really wasn't. He was almost crying in the lobby of CBR first thing when we got there. Then later that day, as we talked about the schedule for the week, he commented that he wasn't planning on swimming when we were at Typhoon Lagoon. He and Lily always hung out together in the wave pool and lazy river at the water parks. I asked before scheduling the After Hours at TL and he was excited about it. Just not when it came right down to it. He did end up enjoying his time there with Logan, but, man, it was hard watching him work through it.

But you know what was the hardest part? I never would have thought of this ahead of time, but the first time they asked how many in our party and I had to stop myself from saying 5 and say 4. It hurt every single time I had to say that.

Not gonna lie, I did cry a little on the plane on the way down, but once I got myself under control again, there was a rainbow outside the window. It was hard to catch with the camera, but it was definitely there! It made me stop and smile.
IMG_4277.JPG

IMG_4278.JPG

IMG_4279.JPG

I promise, the rest of the posts will be more upbeat!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
June 18 - travel day

We were up early to finish getting everything packed and were walking out the door by 7:30am to take our luggage to Bell Services. I somehow made everything fit back into the carry on luggage with only minimal stress!
20240618_073813.jpg

We then headed to the bus stop to catch a ride to Animal Kingdom.
IMG_6790.JPG

Once there, we hopped over to the AKL bus stop. Of course, a bus was already there waiting for us, so we got to AKL really early for our breakfast ADR. Not a problem, as I love looking around AKL.
IMG_6794.JPG

IMG_6795.JPG

IMG_6796.JPG

IMG_6797.JPG

IMG_6799.JPG

IMG_6800.JPG

IMG_6801.JPG

IMG_6802.JPG

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
We were waiting for a bus to DS so I could have one last ditch effort to find the Epcot pin I was looking for. Unfortunately, it wasn't to be found. We saw several cute busses as we were waiting.
IMG_6867.JPG

IMG_6868.JPG

Our big breakfast had Brian needing to take a nap! He caught me while I was trying to take a picture, so Owen took one instead. Then Logan decided we needed one of all of us!
IMG_20240618_104257.jpg

IMG_20240618_104304.jpg

IMG_6869.JPG

IMG_6870.JPG

IMG_6871.JPG

IMG_6872.JPG

IMG_6873.JPG

IMG_6874.JPG

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Sorry for the delay in reporting. We had high school soccer tryouts finishing up this week and then our first game as an "official" team ( we had several preseason tournaments this summer) last night. Owen made the varsity team again and was voted a captain.
FB_IMG_1723341510688.jpg

FB_IMG_1723341514311.jpg

FB_IMG_1723341520157.jpg

And I realized I haven't posted any pics of the kitties lately!
20240810_175426.jpg

20240710_193751.jpg

20240806_212544.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom