The Presentation Parade | Out Now!

spacemt354

Chili's

This thread reminded me of the Imagineer Workshop so a good extension for everyone to learn from!

Disney Dad 3000

Really well done @Outbound . As space mentioned, a perfect extension of the Imagineers workshop thread and love all the detail you gave with pros/cons.

Agreed on using fliphtml for the flipbooks, all the ones I've housed there have stuck around going back a few years now. I've typically built them in Google slides before converting over. While it can be tricky with more than one person doing the slides, it can be done and work if you get the layout set up and a general format done ahead and then have the one person checking for consistency once its all in there. @NateD1226 and I were actually both dropping in write ups at the end for Themepark Backpacker which came in handy considering the volume of work that was turned in for the presentation.

spacemt354

Chili's
Saved here for future reference - some helpful brainstorming/artistic tips from Tom Thordarson

goofyyukyuk

This reminds me... I used a couple presentation methods in my veto project that I haven't seen used before so I thought I'd throw them in here.
I used this site to make a 3d environment for my restaurant. If you use it, it requires some basic HTML knowledge, but it can be really useful in immersive environments. It's actually intended to make your own VR experiences, so it's something cool beyond just presenting a 3d space because you can use interactive elements in it and things like that.
The second thing is Musescore. I'm not as musical as someone like Jokers, so even though I know how to read and write music, there's no chance of me playing any of it, but you can use Musescore to write your music and then it will play a piano version of it (no clue about other instruments), so that's something that I thought was super cool that you can use to enhance your presentations if you don't want to just use stock music or have a specific vision for the background music.

JokersWild

This reminds me... I used a couple presentation methods in my veto project that I haven't seen used before so I thought I'd throw them in here.
I used this site to make a 3d environment for my restaurant. If you use it, it requires some basic HTML knowledge, but it can be really useful in immersive environments. It's actually intended to make your own VR experiences, so it's something cool beyond just presenting a 3d space because you can use interactive elements in it and things like that.
The second thing is Musescore. I'm not as musical as someone like Jokers, so even though I know how to read and write music, there's no chance of me playing any of it, but you can use Musescore to write your music and then it will play a piano version of it (no clue about other instruments), so that's something that I thought was super cool that you can use to enhance your presentations if you don't want to just use stock music or have a specific vision for the background music.
Just did some research into Musescore, since it's been like four years since I used it last, and it's entirely free. You can use any sounds that come with the program, and you can download whatever sounds you want with no limitations to give your compositions more realistic sounds or different instrumentation from what's offered. And it has a piano roll mode for some reason (I think so you can download your compositions as proper midi files that can be played on digital player pianos?) Definitely worth looking into. I plan on downloading it tomorrow.

JokersWild

I figured I'd resurrect this thread briefly because I finally got a chance to use Musescore properly.

Long story short, it's super easy to use. It's can be annoying, and it frequently breaks (sometimes forcing you to close and reopen the program so your music plays through your headphones rather than the speakers, or forcing you click out of the program and back in because it sometimes refuses to playback,) but it's great for the price. It's also a bit finicky when re-writing parts or changing note lengths, as it will try to automatically rewrite entire measures to fit whatever note length you changed, but it's pretty easy to counteract once you get used to it. You should probably go into it knowing how to read sheet music, but as long as you can at least count to four you should be able to do something with it. Each note plays as you write it too, so it's pretty easy to follow and make adjustments on the fly. There's definitely a learning curve, but it should still be pretty accessible to anyone wanting to write something simple.

There are a ton of instruments at your disposal, and I believe you can download a bunch too. You can add, or remove, as many instruments as you want, and they'll be automatically added and formatted into your score with the press of a button. I think the default is piano, but it'll give you a ton instrumentation options when starting a new project. Musescore also helps a lot with writing for different instruments as well, marking notes in red if they're written out of range of the instrument and so on. And once you're done, there are a bunch of ways to export your piece, from MP3s to PDFs and everything in between.

I would definitely recommend this for anyone who wants to try to write their own music for a project. It's easy enough to use (though it might take a bit to get used to some of its eccentricities), and yields some pretty great results.

If anyone's interested in seeing both sides of it, I'll link both Blizzard Blast's audio and the actual sheet music for your viewing and listening pleasure. Or displeasure if you really don't like polka.

Last edited:

Mark2515

The second thing is Musescore. I'm not as musical as someone like Jokers, so even though I know how to read and write music, there's no chance of me playing any of it, but you can use Musescore to write your music and then it will play a piano version of it (no clue about other instruments), so that's something that I thought was super cool that you can use to enhance your presentations if you don't want to just use stock music or have a specific vision for the background music. A presentation parade is a great idea! For those of us who often have to create engaging presentations, this is a real game-changer. I recently discovered presentation design services slidepeak com and it saved me. Their team takes your ideas and turns them into visually stunning slides that are perfect for any presentation or parade. If you're looking to impress with your next project, I highly recommend checking them out. It's worth it for those who want to make their presentations stand out.
Thank you. This could be interesting.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom