THE POLY GROG GROTTO

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
I tried to get in this last trip and over a 1 hour wait, its very small however there is an outdoor patio with nice live Hawaiian music. Has anyone seen the inside as yet? Drinks are a bit expensive but the food is very good.

JurassicKat

Trader Sams? If you get there around 4, when it opens, then its usually no wait. And weekdays are less crowded then weekends. Its an amazing place. I like the Tiki Terrace as well. Every drink inside has a special effect. Lots of fun.

PhotoDave219

I tried to get in this last trip and over a 1 hour wait, its very small however there is an outdoor patio with nice live Hawaiian music. Has anyone seen the inside as yet? Drinks are a bit expensive but the food is very good.

The name is "Trader Sam's Grog Grotto."

Many of have been inside. We've been bribed with rum and pleasurable company as to not divulge what goes on behind closed doors.

What happens at Trader Sams stays at Trader Sams.

Sage of Time

It's a lovely tiki bar and I fully invite you to go... and google what the inside looks like. :) It's my new favorite thing in WDW.

meganwdw

We are super excited to hopefully try it out.....IN APRIL!!!! God, that seems so far away!!!! We gave up our annual November trip for the last week of April.

a2grafix

Pictures of the inside and outside when Grog Grotto opened at the of of March 2015.

As all said above, the Grog Grotto opens at 4pm and closes at 12 midnight. At times throughout the evening the inside seating there is usually a 60-minute wait, but the outside is just as pleasant. After a day at the parks last week, actually on my birthday July 1 -- and after a lengthy thunderstorm at the Magic Kingdom -- me and my dad, mom, sister and bro-in-law checked out the Grog Grotto at around 11pm. Ended up being a great experience to a great day at the resort.

There was a 5-minute wait or so for them to clear a table big enough for us. I also saw many seats at the bar and other tables open for patrons.

After downing some strong drinks -- which most are similar to Disneyland's Trader Sam's at the Disneyland Resort -- it was a fun and laugh-filled walk across the street home to the Shades of Green.

When you go back, the 20,000 Leagues submarine drink special effects are somewhat funny. All I will say is floaties and snorkels.

Last edited:

popcenturylover

My DH & I had a date night on the terrace. It was very pleasant. We had 3 apps to share. He had a beer flight? & I had a Spikey Pineapple.(YUMMY!!!) A man was playing Hawaiian music on a Ukelele.(not sure of his name) We then headed down to the beach with 2 more drinks to watch the fireworks. A great end to the perfect date night!

jjbuster2

I love the pictures! Never knew about this, well okay it is new since our last trip, but I so want to go to this place. Might send DD (she'll be 15 by then) into MK ahead of us or all 3 of us go about 4:00 for a quick bite. Maybe the 'new' will wear off by our Fall 2016 trip and the wait not be terrible...

a2grafix

I love the pictures! Never knew about this, well okay it is new since our last trip, but I so want to go to this place. Might send DD (she'll be 15 by then) into MK ahead of us or all 3 of us go about 4:00 for a quick bite. Maybe the 'new' will wear off by our Fall 2016 trip and the wait not be terrible...

Grog Grotto is restricted to those under 21 after 8 p.m. daily says Disney. So, best to visit with your small kids in tow between 4-8pm.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom