THE PASSPORTER....anyone??

momrek06

Original Poster
Has anyone bought that book the Passporter that is out at book stores for both WDW and the WDW Cruises?
I am curious as to how you liked it? It looks FAB and has great reviews!
The deluxe version seems rather pricey but probably worth it..huh...?

Please POST me if you have it and like it. I love learning all there is about BOTH WDW and DCL.

THANKS!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

ssidiouss@mac.c

I get the passporter every year.. its well worth it.. nice hard binder etc.. t the maps are awesome! Even though I know everything in the book by now.. I still get it every year because its fun to play using etc.

I just got the 2006 edition like 2 weeks ago :sohappy:

I think it is terrific! I'm loving it and have even enjoyed looking at the older ones when I was waiting for the 2006 to be out. I can't wait to put it to use in March!

rdmanley

passporter

I bought the passporter for our trip last year and it was great!!. We are leaving in 7 days and I am off today to look for the 2006 version in our bookstore. Very useful to record all your trip hilights and money spent!!

Wendy517

RE: Passporter

I have the Deluxe version...leather notebook style, and I like it. New book to me is just the paperwork, which makes updating a little less expensive :) . Pockets in the back are nice, but haven't used them much on recent trips. I also understand the 2006 version has several color photos. Another feature, you can go to the Passporter web site and get updated pages, for like when prices change or new policies go into effect.

MY_NAME_STITCH

The Passporter is the best book available in my opinion. On our first trip we used the traditional Birnbaum's offering. It was okay, but on our second trip we opted for the Passporter. There was no comparrison. The Passporter offered better and more information than the Birnbaum's book. It's the hands down winner for my Disney vacations.

PatsRule

I have used it the last two years. I don't really get it for helpful hints about getting around the theme parks because I've been so much. I like the planning section where you can write down reservation numbers and fun (or not so fun) things that happened that day on your trip. I also look at the dining reviews which I find to be a bit harsh. The individuals who review the restaurants are looking for a lot more in a dining experience than I. it is definitely more thorough than other guide books.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
My wife has one and at first I was like :rolleyes: just something else to buy, but it really is handy. If its the same one we have, it has pocketed pages that allow you to keep a multitude of different items like tix, receipts, etc, on a day by day basis. It has alot of info on resteraunts that come in handy when you are trying to make a last minute ressie from the park.

All and all I would say it is well worth the investment.

intenseblue98

The very first Passporter I got was "purchased" at the end of one year, forget which, but it was a 2000 edition and it was FREE. I only had to pay shipping. I instantly fell in love with the Passporter, even though the trip I was planning never came to fruition.

I didn't buy another Passporter until last year when the 2004 edition was offered on the passporter.comsite for $1 plus shipping. They also offered a God/Goddess bundle of 5 books for $3 plus shipping - about $10 for 5 books and I happened to have four friends who are planning Disney trips at the same time!

When the bundle arrived there was a discount coupon that I used to preorder the 2006 Deluxe Passporter - a must have with all the latest information to assist in planning our trip scheduled for 6/11-6/17.

This year's Passporter has full color pages and all of the updates are highlighted for the reader's convenience. It's simply written and designed to keep the reader organized.

momrek06

Original Poster
intenseblue98 said:
The very first Passporter I got was "purchased" at the end of one year, forget which, but it was a 2000 edition and it was FREE. I only had to pay shipping. I instantly fell in love with the Passporter, even though the trip I was planning never came to fruition.

I didn't buy another Passporter until last year when the 2004 edition was offered on the passporter.comsite for $1 plus shipping. They also offered a God/Goddess bundle of 5 books for $3 plus shipping - about $10 for 5 books and I happened to have four friends who are planning Disney trips at the same time!

When the bundle arrived there was a discount coupon that I used to preorder the 2006 Deluxe Passporter - a must have with all the latest information to assist in planning our trip scheduled for 6/11-6/17.

This year's Passporter has full color pages and all of the updates are highlighted for the reader's convenience. It's simply written and designed to keep the reader organized.

WOW, you def are a good shopper....well I first posted this 1/12/06 and since that time I went online and bought the deluxe version and have it sitting right here with me and it is AWESOME!!! Actually, as we say in Boston "WICKED" cool. Many thanks to all who replied. This def was a good purchase.:sohappy:

intenseblue98

momrek06 said:
WOW, you def are a good shopper....well I first posted this 1/12/06 and since that time I went online and bought the deluxe version and have it sitting right here with me and it is AWESOME!!! Actually, as we say in Boston "WICKED" cool. Many thanks to all who replied. This def was a good purchase.:sohappy:

Keep your eyes peeled around September/October. That's when Passporter is clearing out their warehouse to make room for the next year's edition.

puckchuck

Passport to Pleasure!

Okay, I'm just realizing that my headline on this sounds a little -y, which wasn't my intent... anyway, I've always bought and loved the Birnbaum books, as well as the unofficial guide, but Passporter is my very favorite publication. If I had to pick one, that would be it. I mean, not only does it have all the info on attractions and resorts and everything else about our favorite neck of the woods, but it has areas where you can write notes (I love that!), lots of pockets (I use them for stamps, film receipts, menus, etc). The best part is that it becomes something of a scrapbook. A few years later, you can break it out, flip through, look at the notes you made, look at the slips of paper stuffed in all the little pockets. I also like that it can serve as kind of a quick-hit diary, what with the various Fill In The Blanks (On day 1, I ate at (blank). Best thing about Day One, Worst Thing, Weather, etc. There are a lot of Disney books out there, but if I had to pick one, this would be it!

DisneyBride94

Yes, it is great. I got them for several years... they don't add much to them on an annual basis...so I don't buy it every year...but they are a great planning resource... great maps... good tips... I especially loved it the first time around--I ate it up... A great way to get in the mood and ready for your trip. Highly recommended.

RonAnnArbor

One of the things I particularly like about the Passporter is their breakdown by adult ratings, teen ratings, and kids ratings - we all look at rides in diffrerent ways. It is not surprising to see the adults ratings as 8 or 9 (or 10) while their teenage daughter rates them as a 4 or 5 (lame)...great for family planning...Still, for adults who want to do everything, and are particularly interested in squeezing in as much as they can as quickly as they can, the Unofficial Guide is better at time estimates, touring plans, etc. I get both each year. NOTE: the passporter quality has gone down over the past two years while the amount of material has gotten better...it's a tradeoff. Bothe the 2005 and 2004 passporter's blue band that wraps around the books snapped off within only days.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom