The Parks

Superman

Original Poster
I was wondering generally mon - fri which day is the least crowded in each of the parks? thanks :sohappy:

DisneyWonders07

Well, I know for sure that Mondays are usually the MOST crowded at the Magic Kingdom, so try not to go to the Magic Kingdom on a Monday. Hope that helps...:)

amanda

hmm... not sure about that one. I would say tues. or wed. b/c its mainly the middle of the week. But ill have to investigate when I go back:lookaroun

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
It depends..in the off season the weekends at MK are very busy and place to avoid because of all the local AP coming in :)

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
According to some info Ive read they now say that as most peple arrive on a Friday that the MK is busisest on a Sat, as are the water parks.

from the unofficial guide least crowded summer days

mk Sun Fri
MGM Mon Fri
Epcot Sat Sun

AK Mon tue Sun

Dont know how true this is but they tend to be reliable.

EchoOfOphelia

I totally agree DisneyWonder07... Monday's at the Magic Kingdom are brutal!! And I really am not sure why. I will keep that in mind when planning my trip this year!

Michael72688

Originally posted by CAPTAIN HOOK
I would suggest that mid week is quieter as at weekends you will generally have the local residents visiting.

gotta agree w/ you there the parks are packed w/ locals on the weekends

Superman

Original Poster
Ok just curious i was thinking of maybe MK on a tues and MGM on a wed does that sound ok?? Ill be there March 17th-22nd

WDWKing

haha, I was just thinking of something. Imagine opening up a recent guide book regarding least crowded days and it says the following:

'Animal Kingdom: Mon Tues Wed Thurs Fri Sat Sun" :lol:

But seriously though folks, I'm not here to bash AK, I love it.:)

free9

Originally posted by EchoOfOphelia
I totally agree DisneyWonder07... Monday's at the Magic Kingdom are brutal!! And I really am not sure why. I will keep that in mind when planning my trip this year!

most airlines give cheaper flights if you fly in on a thursday and out on a tuesday so most people would like to get a full last day(monday ) and i would think MK would be their choice

Superman

Original Poster
excellent im all about small lines thats why im curious which park is generally least crowded during the weekdays

Superman

Original Poster
Yeah here is my proposed schedule
MARCH 17TH-22ND
MON 17TH- Getting to orlando International at 950 have to pick up my rental and will prob be by my hotel around 1130-1230 hoping to check in get my passes and head to epcot for the remainer of the day
TUES 18th- Go to MK
WED 19TH- go to MGM
THU 20TH- Going to islands of adventure
Fri 21st- Go back to whichever park MGM, MK EPCOT etc that we didnt get to do everything we wanted to.
SAT 22ND - HAVE A 8PM flight so either go back to a park for a half day or hang around and swim
-- Does this sound like a decent plan to attack the parks pending the expected smaller crowds during those days of the week? The march hours really stink so i wanted to make sure i went to the parks on there expected least crowded dates to see all the attractions thanks for the input :sohappy:

niteobsrvr

Originally posted by EchoOfOphelia

There are two reasons Monday is the busiest day of the week for the Magic Kingdom (Saturday is very busy also).

Many people arrive on Disney Property at some point in time on Sunday and spend that day settling into their resort and just relaxing. Then because the Magic Kingdom is the park that many people remember from their childhood, it becomes the first park they visit during their vacation.

The other reason has to do with Disney Cruise Lines. Some folks start their cruise packages on Monday at the parks and then depart on their Ships on Thursdays. Other folks start their vacation aboard the ships and then return to land and WDW on Sunday in the Afternoon. Again, in either case, people generally pick Magic Kingdom to visit first for nostalgic reasons.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom