The parks on major holidays

Mr_Tom_Morrow

Original Poster
Ok so I'm getting an annual pass next month and during that year I plan on visiting the world on all the major holidays.My question is which parks are best for each holiday

New Years Eve/New Years Day
4th of July
Halloween
Thanksgiving
Christmas

Jesùs_Carioca

For Halloween and Christmas, I'd have to say Magic Kindgom for Mickey's not so scary halloween party and Very Merry Christmas Celebration. Of the two, you don't know how much i love the latter.

4th of July? That's a Good question...this year i heard that they made it easy to watch fireworks from anywhere and everywhere at Disney, including the contemporary lagoon, Magic Kingdom, and even Downtown Disney (although trustworthy sources tell me that the Downtown Disney one wasn't much)

For New Years, Pleasure Island was always the place to be, or so my family would say...

Thanksgiving though, that one's a good question. I wouldn't really know.

Does your annual pass actually let you get in on all of those days though? They're not blacked out for "special events" of sorts? If not, then man, that's amazing!

MissM

Does your annual pass actually let you get in on all of those days though? They're not blacked out for "special events" of sorts? If not, then man, that's amazing!
A full AP has no blackout dates. 365 days of unlimited access. The Florida Resident only "Seasonal" AP has blackouts at peak times. (Two weeks at the end of December covering xmas/nye; two weeks for Spring Break and about two months in summer.)

As for actually being in the park on major holidays? Good luck. It's nuts. (Except Halloween which was awesome because it's a MNSSHP night {separate ticket above and beyond an AP} and a set number of people. I quite enjoyed Halloween night 2005) NYE at MK is insane; 4th of July worse. I've been xmas eve but not day and that was actually quite nice because it was very festive. Never been Thanksgiving day but have the Saturday after and it was slammed.
-m

Pocamahontas

The Studios at Christmas time is amazing with the Osborn lights, and they even have this soap/snow that falls periodically, and the lights dance! It's really really a sight to see if you haven't.

Don't go to DTD on the 4th...not too nice. Everyone around us kinda went "that's it?" when they were through. But I hear that the MK fireworks are amazing.

However, DTD is reallly nice for New Years, they go a bit more above and beyond. That is if you don't want to deal with the crowds at the parks.

Jesùs_Carioca

The Studios at Christmas time is amazing with the Osborn lights, and they even have this soap/snow that falls periodically, and the lights dance! It's really really a sight to see if you haven't.

Oh maaan, I completely forgot about this one! I have to say, the Osborne Family Lights show is actually amazing. The only bad thing is that you wouldn't believe how much much more IMMENSE it used to be before the Lights Cameras Moters Show force-closed a good portion of the backlot, specifically their "faux neighboorhood" setting. That whooooole neighborhood would also be filled with lights in addition to the rest of what they now have. It was beautiful.

makonyy15

We're gearing up for our next trip to WDW next summer and the last part of our trip falls around the 4th of July. We're used to going during the major holidays, so the crowds don't bother us because it's come to the point where we know how to make the most out of it and see the most things possible, so we stay very happy.

These holidays are definitely packed, so if you've only gone during slow periods be prepared for long lines and lots of people. Some people say WDW isn't fun with that many people, but if you know how to work the crowds and make the best of it, you can have tons of fun.

One major suggestion- make as many PS/ADR as possible. It's better to have reservations and cancel them, rather than journey around for hours looking for a place to eat dinner. This is of course suggested if you want something other than a meal in the parks for dinner (ie. Cali Grill, Flying Fish, basically the restaurants at the deluxe resorts).

You'll have a great time so long as you keep your cool, don't get overwhelmed, and plan accordingly.

Krimedog

we decided to go for christmas a couple of years back and we have went ever since. It is completely gorgeous around the world at Christmas time. The spectacle of lights at MGM (now dancing, which is even better), MVMCP at magic kingdom is a must, and the Candlelight processional at Epcot is something that must be seen. Not only those but the traveling around the world and see all the kinds of different santas each country has

mickeyismyhero

That is a tuff one we go ever year at Christmas love it..I have to say Epcot then MK Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party is a must.. So i have to go with Christmas! I like Halloween also.But Christmas is my favorite!
Ok so I'm getting an annual pass next month and during that year I plan on visiting the world on all the major holidays.My question is which parks are best for each holiday

New Years Eve/New Years Day
4th of July
Halloween
Thanksgiving
Christmas

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom