"The Osborne Family's Spectacle of Dancing Lights"

wild01ride

Original Poster
OK, maybe this is old news or maybe I'm just crazy, but since when did "The Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights" start "dancing"?!?!

OsborneLights.jpg

I know this is a senseless rant, but so is changing the name and adding more words! :lol:
And "dancing"...why "dancing"?

[/rant]

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
This will be the first year that the lights will dance. From my understanding this change was made due to the huge popularity of the videos of Christmas lights choreographed to music making their way around the Internet and TV last year. If it is done right I think it will be a great addition.

AliciaLuvzDizne

This will be the first year that the lights will dance. From my understanding this change was made due to the huge popularity of the videos of Christmas lights choreographed to music making their way around the Internet and TV last year. If it is done right I think it will be a great addition.
cool!
cant wait to check it out!

wild01ride

Original Poster
Ah! Thanks for clearing up the confusion!

I just saw this today from the November "Dateline Disney":

Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights at Disney-MGM Studios Will Be Dancing Under the Stars This Holiday Season

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- By day, the backlot area of the Disney-MGM Studios theme park is alive with "Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show." By night this holiday season, it will sparkle with "lights, music, dancing" as the popular Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights presented by Sylvania comes alive in a whole new way beginning Nov. 13 and continuing through Jan. 7, 2007.

The spectacle has been enhanced to include choreographed "dancing" lights which swirl and soar to an exhilarating medley of holiday music every 15 minutes, thanks to electronic wizardry featuring more than 400 dimmers. Every building façade, all the trees, wreaths, bells and holiday figures dance to classic tunes among Florida "snow flurries."

Also bringing the Disney-MGM Studios backlot to life are three-dimensional and motion-based displays -- some originally created at the Osborne home in Arkansas by businessman Jennings Osborne as a holiday display for the delight of his daughter. After the home exhibit grew larger and brighter over the years, the million-light display was transported to Disney-MGM Studios in 1995. Some of Osborne's original creations still sparkling brightly at the park today are a giant Mickey Mouse light, dozens of flying angels and Santa Claus light designs.

KrazyKowboy

We'll be there Wed. 11/29 for Fantasmic and the Osborne Lights. I've got a feeling this is going to be awesome this year. I can't wait to see them !!
:sohappy:

WDW Monorail

Disney should do this every day for IllumiNations.
Put more lights on each of the buildings around WS Lagoon and have them synchronized to ROE. They should not be shown during Chaos. They should appear during Life, Celebration...

After all it is ILLUMINations

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom