Trip Report The ONE with the Bowl that was not so Super 🚽 2/5-2/9, 2021*COMPLETED*

giphy.gif

HA HA HA!!!
Hello everybody! I returned yesterday from a last minute long weekend to WDW.
How? Who? Why? You ask. Well my Magical friends, here is everything you want to know, and maybe some things, you don’t.

It all began a few weeks ago at work when my bff/boss suggested we go to Disney for his birthday. I took him last year and we had a great time. We looked at dates and flights and room rates and hemmed and hawed for a couple days. We decided we would go President’s weekend. But my kids would be out of school and they would want to go. Then, texting with @Tuvalu she said “you’re going president’s weekend!?!?😳😳😳”

Ok, she didn’t say it like that but that is how I heard it in my mind. I said to my friend, M, “what the heck are we thinking? Let’s go the weekend before.” His sister/business partner/my other boss gave her blessing (then promptly booked a whole week in Florida for herself at the end of the month) and we started looking at rooms.
Pop was cheap with the AP discount so I booked.

We picked out our flights, then added a day and picked out new flights. Friday came, my day off and two weeks before departure and we had decided on everything. All we had to do was book the flights, which were $69 each way. Then I looked again and the flights were down to $49 each way. I texted M, “BOOK BOOK BOOK! This is not a drill!!!”

Then Saturday came and I canceled Pop and booked a studio at Saratoga Springs Resort using my DVC points. Bought M’s park ticket and made park reservations and some ADR’s. I also filled out the Magical Express request form and ordered a couple t-shirts.

13 days to go and we were all set.

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
My point was that I was filling a void/vacuum on the board
and we all know that the study of vacuums is an aspect of quantum physics as per below

(Inside Science) -- A vacuum is a space absolutely devoid of matter, at least according to the Merriam-Webster dictionary. But if you talk to a physicist you may get a different answer. According to quantum physics, even vacuums are not completely empty. Constant fluctuations in energy can spontaneously create mass not just out of thin air, but out of absolutely nothing at all.

"It's like a boiling sea of appearing and disappearing particle pairs," said James Koga, a theoretical physicist from the National Institutes for Quantum and Radiological Science and Technology in Kyoto, Japan. The pairs, made up of one particle and one antiparticle, exist for only moments. Koga is investigating the subtle effects caused by these fluctuations.

View attachment 536489

Max
I still don’t get it...
My vacuum is always full. Heaven forbid someone empty it besides me. Or use it, for that matter, but now we are way off topic...
robin williams dancing GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Anyhow, you’re awesome and we like and need you just the way you are.

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Grocery... who did you use? Worked Well?
In the distant past I used Garden Grocer. It was good but expensive.
I send groceries to my son in Florida every week or so (and teach him how to cook something new with the ingredients!) and I was using instacart. I have used them to deliver to wdw as well and like them a lot. But their groceries are really expensive. So I tried walmart. Their groceries cost what they normally would if you went to the store. However, their delivery charge is a bit higher than instacart. (I use them so much I signed up for unlimited delivery for $15/month)

So, to answer your question, I used walmart and am very satisfied (mostly) with them.
a brain freeze later and about 30 minutes and I was yelling "but I love Pluto too!"
I think Pluto gets a lot of love thanks to alcohol!
mad dog pluto GIF by Sarah Schmidt

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Tuesday February 9 cont

We moved away from the gorillas so others could have a turn ooohing and aaaahing.
These Zebra were new but don’t ask me what kind they are..
0E52BD8F-DAF1-4E96-9C88-A1645CB985AE.jpeg

Meerkats
3C5711F3-2AC2-444E-9DE2-0FED99FCDE3C.jpeg

And Meerkat breakfast

AECB3C5A-3E1D-4575-916D-675CA99C8C02.jpeg

Since the entrance and the exit are the same we had to pass the gorilla enclosure again.
6320875C-4DFB-407E-82AE-D3BFD8137A41.jpeg

“M we need to take our picture here. It’s a thing!”
7F4E564D-144C-41BF-AF78-E4C23DF9714C.jpeg

I checked wait times...
DAD80B4B-1714-494B-AC88-6AB4EEFADC74.png

Off to Expedition Everest we went.
44D508E4-2944-441B-A496-0F01E6D11F8D.jpeg

Walked on...twice.

Last edited:

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Tuesday February 9 cont

Next was the Tiger Trek.
The first enclosure was empty😞
But we did get to see the new water buffalo. There were three: Dorothy, Rose and Blanche. They got three more, juveniles. I tried to take notes on their names but I don’t remember exactly. I know one was Sophia (obvs) and I wrote down Arthur and Bea but that could be totally wrong!
Anyhow, here are the cuties:
0B816275-25A9-4082-BB71-76A800C81521.jpeg

F17E5B28-DE5F-4F04-932A-29521B70891E.jpeg

And finally we saw a Tiger. She just happened to poke her head up for about 10 seconds. Got lucky.
1D801CE5-5D00-4A7D-A861-442CACF746A1.jpeg

Then we happened upon the bird show as it was about to start.
BA4B3E8D-619E-4080-A08F-B2D058C479EB.jpeg

6F61A1E3-94DF-4218-8FC2-4D483651577A.jpeg

It was my first time seeing it and I liked it. I wouldn’t see if everytime but I did find it enjoyable.

donaldtoo

Tuesday February 9 cont

We moved away from the gorillas so others could have a turn ooohing and aaaahing.
These Zebra were new but don’t ask me what kind they are..
View attachment 536651
Meerkats
View attachment 536650

And Meerkat breakfast

View attachment 536654
Since the entrance and the exit are the same we had to pass the gorilla enclosure again.
View attachment 536652

“M we need to take our picture here. It’s a thing!”
View attachment 536653
I checked wait times...
View attachment 536655

Off to Expedition Everest we went.
View attachment 536656

Walked on...twice.

OK, everyone else (OK, only 2 others :rolleyes:;)) in that last pic except you had some sort of Mickey visible, so I felt you needed one too...!!! :geek:;)

2E4E26E4-B70F-44D7-83CB-2D4319C93E2A.jpeg

F199F06D-67C1-4D0E-951F-D0D307A5D663.gif

donaldtoo

Tuesday February 9 cont

Next was the Tiger Trek.
The first enclosure was empty😞
But we did get to see the new water buffalo. There were three: Dorothy, Rose and Blanche. They got three more, juveniles. I tried to take notes on their names but I don’t remember exactly. I know one was Sophia (obvs) and I wrote down Arthur and Bea but that could be totally wrong!
Anyhow, here are the cuties:
View attachment 536667
View attachment 536668

And finally we saw a Tiger. She just happened to poke her head up for about 10 seconds. Got lucky.
View attachment 536669

Then we happened upon the bird show as it was about to start.
View attachment 536670
View attachment 536671
It was my first time seeing it and I liked it. I wouldn’t see if everytime but I did find it enjoyable.

It’s funny, but, I’ve always LOVED me some “The Golden Girls”, and the reruns still crack me up to this day...!!!!! :hilarious:
I still find it funny how Betty White was originally cast as Blanche, and Rue McClanahan was cast as Rose. But, it was decided that Betty White shouldn’t be cast as her similar Sue Ann Nivens type character from the MTM show, and they switched their roles...!!!!! 🤣

7726FA0C-D16F-44D5-8C95-E42E6F512296.gif

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
It’s funny, but, I’ve always LOVED me some “The Golden Girls”, and the reruns still crack me up to this day...!!!!! :hilarious:
I still find it funny how Betty White was originally cast as Blanche, and Rue McClanahan was cast as Rose. But, it was decided that Betty White shouldn’t be cast as her similar Sue Ann Nivens type character from the MTM show, and they switched their roles...!!!!! 🤣

View attachment 536724
There is no way I could picture Betty White as a Blanche or vice versa. And I love that show, it gives me hope...

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Tuesday February 9 cont

I mentioned once or twice or thrice that I had been watching wait times the week or so before our trip. It was easy, M would page me over the intercom at work, “Dar, what do the wait times look like? Dar, how quick did the boarding groups go?”

One thing I did not bother to monitor was the train to Rafikis Planet watch. I was rather surprised when the wait was 90 minutes😱
That did not fit in the time budget so we passed.

Instead we headed to Dinosaur.
692FBAEE-19CD-4F51-BE47-A58631D437DB.jpeg

I was starting to think Disney was no longer doing the “cleaning cycles” since we had not been caught it one. Until now. But it was quick, only 10 minutes give or take.

A28A80F8-E9BF-4F7F-94BD-9A00E84FDD3C.jpeg

I will say it, I really do not enjoy this ride. I did. Once upon a time but whether it changed or I changed, I just don’t get it anymore. I still go on it. It’s like putting coins in a slot machine, sooner or later I will get a payout.

I did love and do miss...
6F054461-8A64-4ACD-AAE7-E91F701DDCA0.jpeg

And look at that blue sky. (Sigh..)
5EA06FBB-813F-45DA-94E1-7EE9D74BB8E7.jpeg

Next on the list was a @DisneyGigi recommendation.
We headed to the Dawa Bar. I got in line there and I sent M across the “street” to Tamu Tamu to get himself a Dole Whip with rum (I can not for the life of me remember who recommended this but thank you thank you thank you!)

When It was my turn I asked for Steve or Bob as per Gigi’s instructions. The bartender pointed to the guy next to him, “that’s Steve.” I asked tender #1 if he knew how to make a Harambe cooler. He did not. I asked if it was ok if I waited for Steve.

When it was my turn for Steve I told him my friend, “Gigi”, sent me here for a Harambe cooler. I showed him Gigi’s picture and he exclaimed, “I know her!”
He made my Harambe cooler and I heard the other bartender ask how to make it. So, @DisneyGigi there may be more keeps who know how to make a Harambe cooler now!
BDFA2D6F-6207-4A90-96EE-C2188B6B2F41.jpeg

6B36697E-FC0E-4FA5-9102-4B8C8DF337E3.jpeg

FBAC6C77-7B37-4CC1-8303-4AB67E796017.jpeg

We enjoyed our drinks and the beautiful day, our final hours.
This was WDW
C5647FBA-D5EC-4431-8FC5-C870920277AA.png

This was home
DB456164-71A2-400A-A272-51F88725C340.png

Hmmmm...which would you chose??

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Tuesday February 9 cont

Next up was lunch. I really had my heart (and stomach) set on Satuli Canteen. I had been preparing M in the few short weeks since we booked the trip. I had shown him the menu several times. I had shown him pictures. He had agreed to try the beef with the potato hash, but he probably wouldn't eat the potato hash. 🤦🏼‍♀️

We sat at the Dawa bar with my phone out to mobile order and he started to hem and haw.
Marvel Studios Wow GIF by Disney+

I quickly scanned the children’s menu for a PB&J and there it was!!! A cheese quesadilla!!! Perfect!
513F0602-4DE7-43AB-95B9-0E06E6F12777.jpeg

And I got the Chicken with potato hash and herb dressing.
65567EBC-79EB-4145-8E7F-C3EC1E66152F.jpeg

All my wait time watching had paid off. I had noticed FoP times dipped around lunch time (peaked at RD).
FDDD7128-A8AF-46BC-A265-7F86835019AD.jpeg

We waited about 30 minutes then boarded our Banshees and waited.
And waited.
And waited.
All in all we waited about 15 minutes. After about 5 minutes the released the leg and back restraints. I chatted with the girl sitting next to me. She was a local with an AP who had the day off from work so decided to come ride Flight of Passage.

The delay was freaking me out some, I had not built that time into our schedule and we had a ME to catch.

The ride worked perfectly and we enjoyed it as always. On our way out my new BFF from the neighboring banshee took some pictures for us.
EA107F0C-4B83-432A-941B-E122B3BE0952.jpeg

7F26B53B-1CAF-4699-B460-14627D9A836D.jpeg

We rushed out of the park after a quick pit stop. Everything must come to an end.
Nothing lasts forever
We learned that morning one!
E03663B4-6298-466F-9F31-20AED79DD59D.jpeg

We had a wildly great time!!!

We boarded a bus back to Saratoga Springs after about a 15 minute wait. We were cutting it close. My boys had requested I bring them home some Disney chicken nuggets so sitting on the bus back to SSR I mobile ordered. I tried to put it on the credit card on file so I didn't have to pull out my wallet and fumble around with a GC. I had a GC with about $6 on it readily accessible but that wouldn’t cover it. I had a couple new GC’s but I really didnt want to pull out my wallet and a coin to scratch the GC and deal with the trash from the GC. It was too much and I was already stressed because of the time. I didn’t want to accidentally lose my license or something in the process.

I tried turning wifi off and mobile ordering again.
Nope.
I had just gotten a new CC so I thought maybe I should try that one.
Nope.
At this point I pulled out a gift card and placed the order.

We got our bags from Bell services, changed into our travel clothes, thanked everyone at the front desk for such an awesome stay and I picked up the chicken.
DB9BC469-B07D-46C7-BF11-BF7405C7E20E.jpeg

(Yes I had plastic ziplock bags with me. I always do when I travel)

Our ME driver, Randy, was so nice. And very chatty. He assured us ME is not going away. It is owned and operated by Mears and it may have a different name and procedures but will be functioning. He mentioned he had just spoken to the owner of the company the previous week and had gotten that info straight from him.

M and I both have TSA precheck so security was a breeze. My bag got pulled over.
“It’s the jelly beans,” I told the agent, “they always want to see the jelly beans.”
(I had gotten the kids some candy at Goofy’s)
On top of my bag were the chicken nuggets.
“What is this?” The agent asked me.
“Chicken nuggets from Disney. You never had them? They are the best! I am bringing them home to the kids.”
He looked at me with pity in his eyes and sent me on my way.

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Tuesday February 9 and beyond

We made it home without incident. It is funny, you can ALWAYS tell a flight going to NY. Just sayin’!

It was almost time to board so M and I moseyed over to be near the boarding gate. I left him with my bags and went to the ladies room. When I came out, I could not see him. He was surrounded by a men’s softball team on their way home. These men were HUGE!!! M was engulfed by them. And they were loud! I wish I had taken a photo.

At some point on the trip I had bought a couple of mugs from Starbucks.

This one sits on the shelf with the others I have from the been there series.

5CBD835C-FFD0-495A-89AE-98B4F63929D7.jpeg

This one, my son gave to his GF because he forgot to get her a present for Valentine’s day.
4D8B4463-07EC-43FB-87B0-3B7B279FB981.jpeg

I will be looking for a replacement next week.

A day or two after returning home I went to the grocery store. I put my CC in the machine and it didn’t work.
The cashier told me it said to contact provider.
hmmmmm
Let’s try the new one.
Again, contact provider.
Ok, third time is the charm. I used the Costco CC and it worked.
While leaving the grocery store I called my husband to tell him my CC’s weren’t working.
“Ooooh, yeah.”
“Oh yeah what?” I asked a little forcefully.
“Well”, he explained, “when X called me to tell me he lost his wallet I canceled his credit card. Only I didn’t cancel his. I canceled mine. I forgot you and I have the same card.”

That explains why I couldn’t order the chicken nuggets with the card on file.

There were other things that needed to be switched over to my new CC besides Disney. There was X’s Sunpass, for example.....

Thank you all for following and commenting. You people are amazing!
Truly amazing!

KellBelle

Awesome as always! I totally relate to the credit card. About 2 weeks ago, I had fraud on my debit card, so I was sent a new one. A few days after I got it, I then left it at the grocery store and they shredded it. I still don't have the new one yet. 🤣 . Looking forward to your next report!!

Pop Tv Wow GIF by Schitt's Creek

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom