Oldest son-X
Middle son and bday boy-AJ
And the youngest son-Dre

November 26-December 1
At.....wait for it...
All Star Sports!

Collective gasp
ā€œBut Darstarr, youā€™re DVC.ā€
Yes I am DVC and we (I) have made good use out of it this year. However, when I went to book this trip there was nothing available. Nothing!!! OK, nothing in my point range. My boys are big and they hate sharing beds and someone always ends up on the floor. One time my youngest slept on the dining table banquet rather than share the pullout with his brother. Itā€™s vacation, no one should have to sleep on the floor. We didnā€™t have enough points left for a two bedroom so I began looking around for a room. I found a room at Riverside that slept 5 for about $250/night. We have done the 5 in a room thing there when the kids were smaller and it was cramped. I was not looking forward to that. Then passholder discounts came out and I got two rooms (TWO) at the original A.S.S. for less than the one room at Riverside. 4 beds and 2 bathrooms!!! SOLD!!!

Lets get to it!

Day one- November 26th
The day started like every other school day except it was AJā€™s 16th birthday so he opened presents before leaving for school.
E93EEC51-E3F0-4A27-AB86-2DD0B0A84E68.jpeg

ā€œMom will you pack my new shirt?ā€
61CE1F41-ADDE-4E75-BD29-54267375475E.jpeg

I was suppose to work this day but I had worked the previous Friday, which is usually my day off, so my boss told me to take the day off. Yay! More time to clean the house.

The five of us were flying down on jet blue from JFK. Four of us were returning to ISP on Southwest. Ant took the dog to his fatherā€™s then took his car to ISP so it would be there when we landed on the 2nd. (we have a free resident parking sticker).

We debated taking the train to JFK but it was way cheaper to hire a car. The kids got gome from school about 2:15, ā€œthe car is here!ā€
What???
The car wasn't suppose to come until 3:00. Ant was like ā€œlets goā€. I was like ā€œdont rush me because if you rush me and I forget something you will be sorry besides he is 45 minutes early so he can waitā€. And yes, I said it just like that, as one long run on sentencešŸ˜€.
We left at 2:30. I didnt forget a thing.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Itā€™s over?!? šŸ˜ž I think with the lack of Tragical Express paperwork I was blindsided.

Great TR as always!

Me too!

And it was a great TR as always ... I hope there is another one (or two or three) coming up soon because these help me feel ā€œcloseā€œ to you all while still be over here. And that being said, Iā€™m sufficiently close to DLP to be able to do a meet up with any magicians who make it over šŸ˜‰

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Me too!

And it was a great TR as always ... I hope there is another one (or two or three) coming up soon because these help me feel ā€œcloseā€œ to you all while still be over here. And that being said, Iā€™m sufficiently close to DLP to be able to do a meet up with any magicians who make it over šŸ˜‰
Paris is on my bucket, or should I say Bucky listšŸ˜‚ but until then I have discovered these Grand Marnier slushees.
Thanks for reading and I do wish you would consider a TR. Just a little one???

Rista1313

December 1st

@Nunu was driving up as we were heading out. Call us crazy but we coordinated to meet at a rest stop.
On our way just after 9:00amView attachment 442068

It looked like we were going to time it perfectly. This is the rest stop.
View attachment 442071

We did! There was Nunu when I walked in. I was so happy!! I had warned the boys but they were a little like ā€œhuh?ā€
It was amazing seeing my new old friend and meeting Frank, her husband. We chatted, the boys got food (big surprise) and we did a photo shoot.
View attachment 442069

View attachment 442070

Seriously, Ant took a ton of pictures.

I handed Bucky off (who hadn't been officially named yet. @Nunu named it later) and we said our see ya real soons.

We piled back in the rental and drove onward to my Dadā€™s. He had moved the previous day so we spent all day unpacking and organizing.

His new place is beautiful and there were peacocks wandering around on the property.
View attachment 442072

I wish they were strutting their stuff. Peacocks are so beautiful when they have their plumage on display.

The next day we flew back home to a dismal and dreary, rainy day. Boo
Proof
View attachment 442084

Thank you all for reading and commenting and following along. I love the interactions we have and the connections we make here.

Lacrosse season for X begins today with their first scrimmage. I like to see as many of his games as possible and usually tack on a day or two at WDW. Most of these will be solo but I have made some plans to meet up with a Magician. Very excited about that. Stay tuned. I may do some live trip reporting. I wont seem so alone if I have all of you with me.

@DisneyGigi look what Ant just came home with!
View attachment 442085

Once again, thank you for reading!
(And I will update you on my Grand Marnier slushee progressšŸ˜€)

SCORE.... way to rack up the points Ant! I'm off to the bar to hang with my parents for awhile.... maybe I should stop and bring some luigi's with me for the bartender to make me slushies!

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Thank you for sharing your trip @Darstarr!
Your welcome @Tink86 ! (And welcome!)

Great report as usual. Hopefully some day we can cross paths!
Would ā¤ļø that!!!

Thank you for another brilliant and funny report!
Thank you!!!
Brilliant AND funny??? I like you!!

You've done an EXCELLENT job of keeping me entertained with this TR, as usual! Thanks for letting us all tag along! :)
Thanks for reading!!! Tag alongs always welcomed and encouragedšŸ˜Ž

Itā€™s over?!? šŸ˜ž I think with the lack of Tragical Express paperwork I was blindsided.

Great TR as always!
Hahaha
No TE. More like the tragical 2 hour ride to my Dadā€™s to unpack a gazillion boxes and put stuff away while listening to three sons (well 1.5) complain about it.
Thanks for all the wonderful input!

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Paris is on my bucket, or should I say Bucky listšŸ˜‚ but until then I have discovered these Grand Marnier slushees.
Thanks for reading and I do wish you would consider a TR. Just a little one???

Iā€˜m working on trying to get my PP pictures downloaded (as well as uploading the pictures on my camera) and then Iā€™ll give a shot at writing a TR.

I came back from my trip sick and was out of the office for an unexpected additional week... which made this week all the more crazy, as not only was I trying to catch up on work, I had to bring my DD to different information sessions in the evening for what type of high school she might want to attend. Essentially, she has to know now at the age of 14 what she might possibly want to do with the rest of her life because there are 3 different types of high schools here, each one giving access to different programs/schools post high school. And if you choose unwisely, you have to add a transition year moving from one high school to another...

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Iā€˜m working on trying to get my PP pictures downloaded (as well as uploading the pictures on my camera) and then Iā€™ll give a shot at writing a TR.

I came back from my trip sick and was out of the office for an unexpected additional week... which made this week all the more crazy, as not only was I trying to catch up on work, I had to bring my DD to different information sessions in the evening for what type of high school she might want to attend. Essentially, she has to know now at the age of 14 what she might possibly want to do with the rest of her life because there are 3 different types of high schools here, each one giving access to different programs/schools post high school. And if you choose unwisely, you have to add a transition year moving from one high school to another...
So much pressure for our youngsters.
Glad you are feeling better!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom