The One and Only MJ (Marjorie June, not the other MJ) Thread

Iakona

Eeyore said:
oops I just stuck it. :lol:

I'm going to unstick it for the reasons Steve mentioned above. We'll see how it goes. :)

I'm sure those of us interested will be able to bump this up if it drifts to far to the bottom.

MommytoMJM

Original Poster
Well, wish I could say that today was better....sigh. STILL have my migraine, MJ had severe issues at OT and is still melting down.....sigh. I feel like I am never going to get a handle on things.........

Dukeblue1016

Oh but you most certainly will. Don't fret, it will all be ok. Unfortunately life has its ups and its downs... but you know for a fact, no matter how hard the rain may be... it doesn't rain forever.

My thoughts and prayers are with you, but just try not to worry and let yourself get worked up, MJ will be okay and you will be okay, you will be in Disney World again in the near future, or just spending a loving day at home with MJ in the near future, either way having an extremely amazing time... just look at my signature, It's a Great Day to be Alive by Travis Tritt, terrific Song! Regardless at how hard times can be... everyday is always as great as we make it out to be... I'm sure you'd rather spend a horrible day with MJ than an amazing day without her, so make the best of it, because tomorrow today will be in the past and you'll wanna look back on it in a positive way

:)

Nemo14

Hang in there - I know how difficult autism can be both for you and her. I take care of a 13-year-old autistic girl who lost her mom 6 years ago. It's by far the most challenging work I've ever done, but the rewards are also the most meaningful I've ever had. Keep up the good work - I'll be praying for you!

MommytoMJM

Original Poster
Well.....now I know what the migraine was about....I have a cold, which of course is not good with the Barometric pressure chages from Katrina.....

Dukeblue1016

"One of the most tragic things I know about human nature is that all of us tend to put off living. We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon-instead of enjoying the roses blooming outside our windows today."

this is so true isn't it? Hang it there pal, we're here for ya :)

edit: I am not saying MommytoMJ that this is true in your case and like right now! I just found this quote, and it actually goes with my post from yesterday so i felt like putting it in there. Sorry if it looks as though I'm speaking directly to you, because I am not. :)

MommytoMJM

Original Poster
Duke, that is a beautiful quote.....since we are doing Disney and all for her, I am not worried that I am losing sight of the good things at all...this is just a bad patch.....

On an up note, we did get approval for her Speech Therapy which we desperately needed.

Safari Giraffe

Dukeblue1016 said:
edit: I am not saying MommytoMJ that this is true in your case and like right now! I just found this quote, and it actually goes with my post from yesterday so i felt like putting it in there. Sorry if it looks as though I'm speaking directly to you, because I am not. :)

It is MommytoMJ's thread isn't it?:confused:

MommytoMJM

Original Poster
Another update.....

Hi all-

thanks for the prayers...

Still have that blasted headache, I think I have single handedly kept the medicine and caffeine dept in business this week, ugh. MJ is cranky still....can't discern why exactly and since she can't talk...well, you get the picture.

Mike (Slade) will be here soon and will be moving in with us this weekend. The plan is for him to get a job at Disney and be working an opposite shift from Andrew so that I have help around here all the time. He'll be helping with the housework and MJ as his rent payment.

I have been stressing a lot lately with Tasha in the hospital, concern for Ken and his father and for our precious Belle also. Things seem like they are just crazy with all....I am praying hard for all of us.

One up note, we did get approved for MJ's Speech Therapy which we desperately needed, but it also means that the poor kid now has 6 therapy sessions in 5 days...sigh.

We are also still waiting for them to get our paperwork submitted for her new wheelchair, that will make a huge difference for us.

Connor002

wow... it's things like this that really put things in perspective. school projects and homework are nothing to worry about compared to this. i don't know how you do it.

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I'm happy to hear that Mike will be helping out. It must be very hard for you to have to deal with everything that life has dealt you lately. Keep your chin up, Mike is a great guy and I am sure he will be a tremendous help to you.

Did he graduate from college? I think I may have missed it if he did. Or is he still going to classes?

Feel better and hopefully things will calm down for you soon.

Pam

MommytoMJM

Original Poster
Thanks Pam...we sure have been dealt a lot lately...they say that G-d doesn't give you more than you can handle, but I wish sometimes that He didn't trust me so much.

He is taking a break from college at the moment, his last semester burnt him out, but he'll be re-enrolling to a school up here soon. (he WILL get his degree, the mom in me says!) You are right, he is an awesome guy and he has been a big help, I just hope he knows what he is getting himself into, I have tired to explain, it is hard to understand how consuming it is until you live with it day in and out....

Thanks again for your prayers and support, it is threads like this and people like you guys that get me through the bad days.

Kingdom Konsultant said:
I'm happy to hear that Mike will be helping out. It must be very hard for you to have to deal with everything that life has dealt you lately. Keep your chin up, Mike is a great guy and I am sure he will be a tremendous help to you.

Did he graduate from college? I think I may have missed it if he did. Or is he still going to classes?

Feel better and hopefully things will calm down for you soon.

Pam

diddy_mouse

more pixie dust headed your way...

Glad to hear that Slade will be helping you out, always nice to have an extra someone around when things get tough. good thoughts and a friendly hello to you Bonny.. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom