The official "What does the general public think" thread (Disneyland version)

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I'm in a number of Facebook Disneyland groups, as well as somewhat active on here and Micechat. Us and Micechat are far and away the most critical, most other sources I've seen have been eating Pixar Pier up.

It makes sense. To 99.9% of guests, Disneyland is a vacation or hangout spot. Thematic integrity and park history aren't even on their radar. Pixar Pier is something new, and it has some new churros so of course reception is generally positive elsewhere.

I think that this overlay has accomplished exactly what Disney wants. It got people talking about DCA and it's likely selling loads more merchandise than Paradise Pier did. It regenerated interest in an aging area, if only short term.

Disney management aren't stupid. They knew they're putting out a lousy quality product. It's when they think they're hitting a home run- like when they tried to follow up MSEP back in '97 with Light Tragic, and are forced to scrap the parade after just one summer that it's a bad sign for Disney.

Exactly, Disney knows their guests better than some fans on a fan board. Pixar Pier is doing is exactly what they wanted just like you said. The changing demographics of the populous, technology, and trends are what is driving business decisions. Like it or not, Disney knows exactly what they are doing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom