The Official Hurricane Mathew Thread

Figment1986

Original Poster
Since it may be heading for FLA.. We may need this...

2023082058W5-med.gif

CAPTAIN HOOK

I can't believe how many hurricanes you guys have encountered this year - it must be some sort of record.
Here's hoping nobody gets hurt

WDWScottieBoy

I've been watching, and we were going days without posts here in the weather part....and low and behold, another hurricane decides to make itself present. Can FL really handle a 5th hurricane this season? I was hoping the season was done but we've still got over a month and a half left. :(

Hope this doesn't hurt anyone and doesn't touch land. Stay safe those of you who are in Mathew's path!

Atta83

They dont think its going on its current track that its going to hit Louisiana and such. But who knows these storms have kept us on our toes this year.

pinkrose

Matthew is just back up to a tropical storm (from tropical depression this morning). It should not get up to hurricane strength before making landfall in La. tomarrow morning. We'll get some good rain from him (we haven't had much rain since Ivan).

Kadee

We've been getting rain from Matthew all day today and it is forcasted to continue through tomorrow. It is the first rain we have gotten since Ivan blew through. While some people here really need the rain (like the farmers), to others, this rain is going to be horrible. Most of my students sustained damage to their homes. ALmost all of them had exstinsive roof damage and do not have all the shingles on. (of course, some of them no longer have a home) THis rain is going to cause major damage (even though it is just a light rain). It is forcasted to hit Louisiana, but all of the rain is Northeast (right were I am). Not a good thing.

pinkrose

Kadee said:
We've been getting rain from Matthew all day today and it is forcasted to continue through tomorrow. It is the first rain we have gotten since Ivan blew through. While some people here really need the rain (like the farmers), to others, this rain is going to be horrible. Most of my students sustained damage to their homes. ALmost all of them had exstinsive roof damage and do not have all the shingles on. (of course, some of them no longer have a home) THis rain is going to cause major damage (even though it is just a light rain). It is forcasted to hit Louisiana, but all of the rain is Northeast (right were I am). Not a good thing.

Kadee, I'll be keeping those on/near the coast in my prayers that this rain doesn't cause even more problems for you all.

DisneySaint

I drove home today from Orlando to Baton Rouge through all of the tails and such of Matthew and encountered nothing majorly mentionable. There was only some mild flooding here while I was gone, mostly along bayou coast areas. The drive home from about Mobile to Biloxi was very rough through because we'd get random gusts of wind that would make the car whip around. Anyways, looks like this case is closed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom