Trip Report The Nothing Went As Planned NOT Live Trip Report!

Welcome, Foolish Mortals.... I'm Santina & I'll be your ghost host for this mini pre-trip and trip report!

If you've read my last trip report (found here) you'll know that my husband Dillon told me on our last trip that he was getting bored with Disney. We talked about it and decided we wouldn't be returning until May for a quick trip to celebrate my graduation and then not again until Galaxy's Edge opened :arghh:

WELLLLLLLLLL I GUESS HE WASN'T TRULY ALL THAT BORED. That's right! We're headed back to the world in 3 days for < 48 hours! Are we nuts? Most definitely! But I wouldn't have it any other way :happy:

So how did this trip come to be? My little brother, Vinny, is currently home from college (he attends Colgate University) & my mom wanted to take him to Disney before heading back at the end of the month. My mom had surgery in December, and while she's perfectly fine, she's still recovering & not feeling up to walking around Disney. She never told Vinny she wanted to take him, and after talking to my mom she thought it'd be nice if my brother and I could take a trip together before he goes back as a nice surprise. Vinny, Dillon, and I have annual passes and Dillon and I are DVC members, so as long as there was a room available all we'd have to do is pay for our flights. I'm finishing up my final year in graduate school & am working a full-time, unpaid internship so my hours are flexible and I can basically do what I want. Sooo, two days ago I checked flights and they were $80 round trip. Then I checked the DVC website & there was a studio available at AKL. THIS TRIP WAS MEANT TO BE.

I called Dillon to see what he thought about me going to Disney for one night since he'd have to take care of the pups, and he said "You're going to Disney without ME?!" To which I responded, "You're totally invited to come along, I just didn't think you'd want to since you said you're bored with Disney". He hung up on me, apparently called his boss to get the days off, and then called me back saying "I'm comin'!!" WOOHOOOOO! :inlove: I called Vinny and asked him what he thought about going to Disney on Tuesday. He, of course, said YES!!

piglet21

Original Poster
To recap without so many words

Who:
Vinny (left) & Dillon (right) (at Hoop-Dee-Doo in May!)
IMG-0917.JPG

and moiiiiiii
PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_406641776993.JPG

When: January 9 - January 10

Where: Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas

Why: To celebrate Vinny finishing his first semester of college/going back to college/why the hell not

piglet21

Original Poster
Oh, Frontier just moved into our airport too (PVD) Go and have fun!
Thank you!! Frontier isn't one of my favorite airlines. We've flown with them several times but usually only when we are booking flights < a month away from when we want to fly and can almost always get great deals!

WWWD

Quick trips are better than no trip, have fun. Make sure you read what’s included in the round trip price. Frontier up charges everything. Last time I flew with them I had to pay extra for a seat, not a particular seat, just a seat on the plane.

LadyBelle

In the Parks
No
Quick trips are better than no trip, have fun. Make sure you read what’s included in the round trip price. Frontier up charges everything. Last time I flew with them I had to pay extra for a seat, not a particular seat, just a seat on the plane.

So if you didn’t pay for a seat, would you have had to fly in the cargo hold? :hilarious::hilarious:

piglet21

Original Poster
Thanks! That's why I hate Frontier! But they are great for quick trips with no luggage :)

piglet21

Original Poster
Andddd just like that all of our plans are topsy-turvy!

WE'RE STAYING AT THE POLY! :inlove: I checked DVC today out of curiosity & there it was.... a poly studio waiting for me to claim! So of course I had to!! Dillon & I LOVE the Polynesian and Vinny's never stayed there! I'm not telling the guys & letting them find out tomorrow morning when we scan our magic bands at the magical express ;)

Sooo THE PLANS

Tomorrow!
Arrive at MCO around 8:45am and take the magical express to the Poly
Head to Hollywood Studios and do Muppets, Star Tours, Tower of Terror, and Toy Story Mania
Head to Magic Kingdom for the rest of the day/night! Do whatever
MK closes at 8pm, head back to Poly, 'Ohana at 9:25pm. Debating on keeping this or ordering the Twilight Feast to the room...
Call it a night!

Wednesday!
8:20am breakfast at The Garden Grill before park open
Living with the Land, Figment, Test Track, and Spaceship Earth
Head to Magic Kingdom and ride Pirates - maybe more depending on time
Head back to the Poly for the tragical!

And that's it! It should be a nice brief trip and just what we all need!! Catch us tomorrow when I go LIVE!

piglet21

Original Poster
So we are currently sitting on the tarmac at PHL patiently awaiting take off. We had issues with our tug so we haven’t taxied yet and we were supposed to take off at 6:00. Don’t they know we’ve got Disney World to see?! Lol. Hopefully we’ll be up in the air soon. Flight time is 2hr 10mins so if we leave soon we should still make our predicted 8:45am arrival. It’s looking doubtful though!

piglet21

Original Poster
So. Still on the tarmac. Since our plane has been sitting here for over an hour we have accumulated ice and now need to be de-iced which should take 20ish minutes and we are next in line. So optimistically we will be in the air by 7:30. I really don’t care as long as I see my castle!! But this is not how I envisioned my morning!

piglet21

Original Poster
YESTERDAY DID NOT GO AS PLANNED!
After waiting almost 2 hours past our original departure time, listening to music for the 4+ hours I was on the plane, etc., my phone died shortly after arriving in Disney! No worries, I had my little brother take photos for my trip report :) I’ll upload everything a bit later - we’re packing up the room!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom