The "Not So" Grand Floridian

Tigerdaly

I have just been reading around the posts over the last few days and I saw someone mention the Grand Floridian has been down graded on its star rating.
Has something happened to cause this ? Has Disney intentionally let this happen or has it always been teetering on the edge and now fallen now its aging.
I was looking to book this hotel next year however I'd hate to put my money into a failing resort when there are so many other beautiful ones about.

ThumperDude

I'm not sure the Four Seasons will have an impact on the price of rooms one way or the other. Prices will keep going up as they have. The Four Seasons seems like an attempt to sway people who normally would never stay on-site to do so, whether it's because they're all highfalutin' and fancy-schmancy (sp?) :D OR whether they're looking for a less kid-friendly, more-adult-but-not-Hedonism vibe. If anything, having Four Seasons on site might better stabilize Disney Deluxe Resort rates for a year or so, as people who may have stayed at the highest-end resorts but were still used to even better service/more pomp & extravagance will have another option. For a lot of people, the Disney "magic" is a nice way of saying "fake" (I am not one of those people, BTW). To them, Disney Deluxe resorts are "adequate" resorts made up to look like extravagant resorts to the Joe Six-Pack who wouldn't know a REALLY nice resort. And the truly discerning guest know when they're getting less then they deserve and blah de blah blah blah... Again, it's a perception, and one that might not jibe with reality. Perhaps Disney Deluxes are just as nice, if not nicer, than the absolute best resorts on Earth, but the hoi polloi have a bias against anything as gauche as Disney.

here..here
well said
here..here

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

Current AAA ratings:

The following are now considered Four Diamond Resorts after AAA's latest review: Grand Floridian, Contemporary (an upgrade), Polynesian (an upgrade), Beach Club and Yacht Club.

Thanks for the info. I'm surprised that Yacht/Beach have maintained their 4 stars. Even though they are my favorite Resorts, the rooms are very outdated and NEED a refurb (esp. when compared to WL, Poly, Contemp and ASMusic room refurbs). Furthermore, the wear and tear in the common areas of YC is progressively worse each year, and the roofing is still missing tiles from when the hurricanes struck. I do really enjoy all of my vacations to Yacht Club, but wish that they soon would start some much needed refurb, especially in the guest rooms.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom