The No One Get Sick Again PTR

Hey guys and welcome to my pre trip report! We will be in the World May 5-12 2013! A little background info for all of you!

The cast is me, Steve, my wife Megan and our 2 boys Landon (4) and Declan (almost 2 when we go). We live in Ilinois just outside of Chicago! This trip will mark my 10th WDW trip and I am more excited than ever! As a child I was lucky enough to go to Disney every couple of years and it was my moms favorite vacation spot! I love having my own kids now and getting to take them here to experience the magic! it is just pure joy for me!
This will be DW 6th trip, Landon's 3rd, and Declan's 2nd.

My trip report name comes about from our last trip in May of 2012! We took DWs mom with us, and the drive down her and my older son were sick! Very sick! We had to stop so many times on the way down I didn't think we would ever make it! The first 2 days of our trip were kind of stalled because of the 2 but they were troopers and we managed to do everything we wanted!

For our vacation this year, we are still undecided where we want to stay. at a rental house again, or on property . Yes I know staying on property has its perks and we have stayed many times on site, but with the 2 little ones, getting to go back to an actual big home as opossed to a 1 room hotel has its own perks.

We have booked the same house we were in last year which Is literally 3 stop lights down from the Disney complex and it never took us more than 5 minutes to get to and from the world and our home. 4 bedroom with a pool! We tend to go to the parks early, leave in the afternoon for naps or swim time, and then go back to the parks for th evening.

This week we started booking ADRs for our trip and have been getting our itinerary down!

Sunday- arrival day. Stop at traget(across the street) to stock the house with some supplies and just hang out at our pool and relax for the big week head

Monday- our first day is going to be spent at Epcot! We have a lunch ADR at Via Napoli and dinner at Garden Grill! Landon loves Chip an Dale! Also I will be excited for Test Track to be back as it was closed for the refurb last year.

Tuesday- O'hana breakfast! This was our favorite place to eat last year ad the boys favorite as well! He was so excited to eat with Mickey and that damn juice is to die for! After breakfast we will spend the rest of the day at DWs favorite park, Animal Kingdom! Seeing as how the park closes at 6 we will probably eat at home ad rest up for te next day!

Wednesday- Magic Kingdom here we come! We are trying for rope drop this year! (An hopefully family of the day) the only TS we have scheduled for this day is Be Our Guest! Tomorrow is the day to make that reso so I hope I get the time I want!!! Not to mention MK is the park we snack at the most!!! So that's why we only want one sit down! We are also excited for the new areas to be open and explore! DW is so excited for Little Mermaid ride, it's her favorite Disney movie!

Thursday- Is our rest day! Sleep in, swimming, relaxing,etc. we do plan to go to downtown Disney in the evening for shopping and maybe TRex cafe??? We are not sure because of Declan! He will be almost 2 when we o and think he might find it too scary!

Friday- is our day at Disney Hollywood Studios! We have breakfast ADRs planned for Hollywood and Vine character breakfast! I know this place seems to get very mixed reviews, but Jake and Oso are what's bringing us here as both Landon and Declan love both of the shows! We also have dinner plans to do Prime Time Cafe! I have never been here but hear good things about it and the menu is favorable to us! We will not be doing Fantasmic again though because Landon was very scared of it last time we went!

Saturday- day 2 at Magic Kingdom! No ADRs or plans really just enjoy the park one last time before we go! Get on rides we didn't get to go on the first day if that really happens or reride favorites. Last year when we were at WDW, the parks we not crowded at all and we really only waited a half hour for several rides. Everything else was virtually a walk on! I hope we have success with that again this year!

Sunday- leave the world and go back to the REAL world!

So what do you guys think? I am so excited this year! Declan's reaction to Mickey is what I'm most excited for this year because he now recognizes him and know who he is! Any suggestions or tips in the meantime would be great!

Also Landon wants to do a pirate makeover! So we are deciding on the best day to do that is? Our first or last day at MK? We are also considering a photo pass plus???

PolynesianPrincess

25 days and counting! Although we have a huge set back! I just lost my job of 8 years! I am super sad because that place and those people were my second family and I will miss them!

Any who, since everything has been paid for in advance, we are still going on our trip! We will have to cut back on our spending and eliminate most of our ADRs. We had 4 or 5 originally, I need to double check but plan to keep at least 2 of them. Be our Guest we r for sure keeping, and we are still deciding on what else to keep??? This will sa us some serious cash as we are payin out of pocket since we are staying off site.

The only thing really holding us back is if I get unemployment or not. I am fairly positive we will be able to get it, but you never know! Thank god I have accrued vacation and a bonus coming my way for my last 2 paychecks!!! Please send some pixie dust and prayers our way! I have no idea how I would be able to tell my 4 year old that we couldn't go!!!

Prayers for you and your family! Crossing my fingers that everything works out for you guys!!!

stevehousse

Original Poster
Ok so vacation update again! We have 15 days until we leave, however I should stress the "we"! I was able to get a new job!!!! So thankful and thank you to wry one who sent me messages of hope and pixie dust! It truely helps getting through te rough 2 1/2 weeks I was jobless an I am so thankful I wa able to get a job right away!

Now as far as our vacation is concerned, my family is still going, but due to having to travel to Houston for some training for 2 weeks, I will e missing out on Disney! I am very sad I won't be able to go, but grateful my wife, kids, an sister still get to go and enjoy the magic!!!

I have been to Disney countless times over the years, so I am sa I can't go, but we are already planning our 2014 trip so I can go! I am excite for this because by then, new fantasyland will be fully complete and we will be able to go on the new mine train roller coaster!!!

Also, we cancelled all the ADRs except for Be our Guest! I think I am most sad about missing that!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom