The Nightmare Before Christmas in 3-D

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Original Poster
From Bloody-Disgusting.com -

'Nightmare Before Christmas' in 3-Freakin-D!?!
Get more on DisneyVista | Posted 04.25.06 @ 11:48 pm ]

I don't know when the official word comes in, but today I read some amazing news over at Comingsoon.net. One of my favorite movies of all time, along with many of you, is Tim Burton's masterpiece The Nightmare Before Christmas, which hit theaters back in 1993. After tanking at the box office, the film resurged as a cult classic spawning more gothic merchandise than anything I've ever seen. Here we are on the dawn of it's 13th anniversary and to celebrate we'll be seeing Jack Skellington and co. on the big screen in 3-D on October 20th, 2006! More details as they come in. In the stop-motion animated pic Jack Skellington, the pumpkin king of Halloween Town, is bored with doing the same thing every year for Halloween. One day he stumbles into Christmas Town, and is so taken with the idea of Christmas that he tries to get the resident bats, ghouls, and goblins of Halloween town to help him put on Christmas instead of Halloween -- but alas, they can't get it quite right.

Source: Comingsoon

It also has a release page already at BoxOfficeMojo.

darthjohnny

The movie opened 13 years ago on October 13th, 1993. Wouldn't it have made more sense to have been released last week on Friday the 13th? Just a thought.... :)

CaptainessKylie

for any UK fans...it will be released on the 1st Dec in cinemas!
Another great thing about wokrin in disney store is they give u a sheet with rleease dates for EVERYTHING!
Also cars dvd release appears too have moved form the 10th december to either the 27th or 20th december!

CJR

:cry: It's not playing anywhere near me. Why could Disney have just released it into more theaters? I heard it was a tech thing, but couldn't they have just made a regular 3D version? Now they are losing a potential goer, and I am sure there a plent of others like me who want to see it and can't. I'm very disappointed by this. I wanted to see it! :cry:

CJR

What's the difference? The only way it could be that much better is if they add special effects like they have a the theme parks. I'd love to sit there and feel wind blow and have slobber get on me. That would be awesome. I'd drive over three hours to see that, but not for just a Digital movie that could be done a different way.

disneypearl

I saw it today and it was great! I can watch that movie over and over and still see new things. It was nice to see it on the big screen and even better in Disney Digital 3-D!

FruitSmile

It's playing at MY theater and my sister saw it lastnight! I've never even seen the movie and she has! This is so no fair..
She got to: See regular and IN 3-D
Me got to: Not even see the regular version..
~~~
Is the movie in a regular version on YouTube ^_^ @_@ =)

ISTCrew20

a special 2 disc soundtrack has also been released, featuring a 3d cover. If you are a NBC fan, DEFINATELY pick it up. The full soundtrack is on disc one, and the second is filled with bonus tracks (This is Halloween by Marilyn Manson, Sally's Song by Fiona Apple, What's This and This is Halloween by Panic! and Fall Out Boy) plus Danny Elfman demos. It's an awesome cd set.

TowerOfTerror

I'll have to try to catch it next week when I'm down in WDW. Since there are no theaters in my area within 80 miles. :mad:
I alreadly bought Panic at the Disco! and Fall Out Boy singles on Itunes ;)

Fantasmic!kid

:cry: It's not playing anywhere near me. Why could Disney have just released it into more theaters? I heard it was a tech thing, but couldn't they have just made a regular 3D version? Now they are losing a potential goer, and I am sure there a plent of others like me who want to see it and can't. I'm very disappointed by this. I wanted to see it! :cry:
Where do you live?

Ariellen

The theatre nearest to me is an hour and 10 minutes away.

But I still saw it last Monday and plan on going again tomorrow night. Even though we watched the movie on our choir's tour bus today. :)

I was extremely impressed/thrilled with how 'immersive' it looked. I've never been one of the die-hard fans of this movie, but I have liked it since it was new...I am not obsessive about it like I am with some other movies, but oh, I do indeed love it. The soundtrack is fantastic. I really do love it more each year. And...I do admit that I get really irritated when stores are decked out for Christmas a bit before Halloween, so it's kind of therapeutic to deal with my frustrations by watching some demon children Kidnap the Sandy Claws while a skeleton tries to find emotional fulfillment by flying a coffin through the sky, deliving shrunken heads and possessed toys to unsuspecting children. :goodnevil And then once that's out of my system, Christmas is saved, the hero gets the girl, and I feel warm and fuzzy and un-annoyed again. :)

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Original Poster
The film will be released in 3-D again on October 19th, 2007. :sohappy: It appears as if they might try to do a yearly re-release from now on, similar to how The Polar Express (which came out in 2004) was in IMAX theaters last Christmas and will be again this Christmas. In one year there will definitely be more digital projection systems in theaters so more will be able to play it.

DisneyJedi

Ahh.. this explain why Marilyn Manson was on Jay Leno on Halloween night performing 'This is Halloween'. Pretty entertaining. Wish I caught the 3-D presentation, but no IMAX theaters I could get over to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom