The Next Non-IP Attraction.. Will It Happen?

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Let's put it this way.. instead of putting money into Pixar Pier and M:BO and SW:GE (which is just "Meh"), they could've invested in upgrades and other brand new experiences, especially at a time when Disney Parks still held the highest attendance numbers by year.

eliza61nyc

Let's put it this way.. instead of putting money into Pixar Pier and M:BO and SW:GE (which is just "Meh"), they could've invested in upgrades and other brand new experiences, especially at a time when Disney Parks still held the highest attendance numbers by year.
Every thing is relative LE, there is always going to be someone who thinks they could have done things differently. Every day on this site there is a slew of arm chair quaterbacks saying what the could have done. I remember a few years back about the steady complaints about Epcot needing new rides period. I was one of those.
Now that Epcot is getting new stuff, we're onto what the really should be doing with MK.
I think one problem (my quarterbacking) is that they didn't do anything for years and now they are playing catch up.
But there will always be something someone does not think was worth the money.

Last edited:

Brer Panther

Forgive me for sounding ignorant, but what's "M:BO"?

Joesixtoe

The good thing about non-IP based attractions is that you have to go to the parks to experience the story. That's a big draw for me, and I would imagine others as well. I hope they won't abandon these original stories, it really does add a different element of interest while riding the ride.

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Every thing is relative LE, there is always going to be someone who thinks they could have done things differently. Every day on this site there is a slew of arm chair quaterbacks saying what the could have done. I remember a few years back about the steady complaints about Epcot needing new rides period. I was one of those.
Now that Epcot is getting new stuff, we're onto what the really should be doing with MK.
I think one problem (my quarterbacking) is that they didn't do anything for years and now they are playing catch up.
But there will always be something someone does not think was worth the money.

No argument here though i'd like to believe people expect a little more out of Disney parks then what I previously named. And by a little more I don't exactly mean "the biggest baddest E-tickets ever!". For example, SW:GE could've benefited greatly IMO from a easy dark ride similar to those in Fantasyland and perhaps a stunt show somewhere. Instead we got a simulator and one all-out E-ticket.

I don't have the same attachment to EPCOT and WDW as a whole, as others do, so I consider that an advantage when it comes to non-biased critiques and praises. I'd still like to see some balance instead of this charge to IP everything.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom