The New Voice of Mickey Mouse! Mr. Bret Iwam

hathawaybrowne

I believe that everything thats Genie that isn't Robin Williams is Castellaneta. Just purely on cost, he's cheaper than Williams would be for those short VOs.
Spectro, I believe, is Williams, though.

Spectro, and all of the Genie's appearances at DisneyQuest are Castalanetta.

FigmentJedi

IF so, then our first glimpse at Mickey's "new sound" is at 1:52 of THIS video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c1V...2188C8366&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=3

Can anyone confirm or deny whether this is Wayne or Bret?? It sounds, to my ears, a little different from Wayne...

It's Wayne. I can tell as that delivery is just about the same as it was in the Kingdom Hearts RE:CHain of Memories dub, which had Allwine. Plus considering the date was before his death.

EDIT: Got an example here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9wjh6MjYiU&#t=1m40s

Cmdr_Crimson

and something called Kingdom Hearts

This info is for people who have no clue about The best Disney based game created.

Kingdom Hearts is the crossover game of Disney/SquareEnix (of Final Fantasy fame). The game is widely popular and is on 4 different consoles..

PS2 - Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts 2, Kingdom Hearts: Re-Chain of Memories

GBA - Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories.

Nintendo DS - Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days

PSP - Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep.

They menton that KH 358/2 Days was Wayne's last recordings before he passed on. Which means Bret will continue for Birth by Sleep and hopefully Kingdom Hearts 3.:D Also as I was looking at the picture of Bret he reminds me of the guy in the 1-800-FLOWERS ads.

JustInTime

A previous posted mentioned a rumor that "the new guy" did the voice in "move it, shake it, celebrate it". Is it possible that they used him as an alternate voice BEFORE Wayne passed? It wouldn't be the first time Disney used an "alternate" to do voice work if the main voice talent wasn't available for whatever reason....

IF so, then our first glimpse at Mickey's "new sound" is at 1:52 of THIS video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c1V...2188C8366&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=3

Can anyone confirm or deny whether this is Wayne or Bret?? It sounds, to my ears, a little different from Wayne...

It does sound different. Not bad though!

dznygirl64

Didnt know there was a nation wide thing looking for a new Mickey voice,I wish I would have known.I do a better Mickey than that, I sound more like Wayne.When I worked at the Disney store I would do it all the time for guests.How do I get Disney a tape?:shrug:

bradk

after doing some research, what I can offer right now is that he did in fact go out to Disney Character Voices in April 2009 and I believe he moved to LA in August.

and for those of you playing along at home, that would be before Wayne passed (that is, visiting DCV)

~Tinkerbell~

After listening to that clip I can definitely tell that Mickey's voice is different, but it's not bad though. Not bad at all. :)

And I've always wondered about Genie's voice in Spectromagic too. I definitely think it sounds more like Dan Castellaneta than Robin Williams.

Tom

Beta Return
After listening to that clip I can definitely tell that Mickey's voice is different, but it's not bad though. Not bad at all. :)

And I've always wondered about Genie's voice in Spectromagic too. I definitely think it sounds more like Dan Castellaneta than Robin Williams.

Agreed.

I've never thought that Williams did any of the voices beyond the original movie, but after listening to Wishes, Spectro and Remember the Magic back-to-back, there's just a lot of variance in the Genie voices. I was just thinking that maybe there was a 3rd Genie.

Of course, these shows were all made several years apart, an voices change and age. Could indeed be all Dan.

Surge38

Though he was still well enough to do voice work, judging from Rechain of Memories and Move It, though in both, his vocal delivery was suffering from the sickness.

Yeah, I was wondering if that was what happened...it reminds me of the last time Walt voiced mickey, for the Mickey Mouse club's Fourth anniversary show (I think, anyone can feel free to correct me on this). The years of smoking that ultimately led to his death also lowered his voice...check out this interview with Wayne and Russi (starting at 2:06 on the video) where he talks about Walt's last time doing mickey, they play a short clip of it...and it's really sad to listen to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSa1FlrTINg

Actually the whole interview is fascinating to listen to (and sad now that Wayne is no longer with us...)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom