The new Disneytopia (Part one: the main layout.)

MagicKingdom4Ever

Original Poster
This big project is split into two parts. One of them is its big layout and the other is its in-depth description. This thread will explore the resort while the next one will go in-depth and look at what each attraction and area is like.

I've recently returned from a week-long break from the imagineering forums, but now I am back with new ideas. With my lessons learned from the original Disneytopia I created (which you can see here), I am making a new draft of the resort. Similar things, different placement of stuff.

Tomorrow, we shall begin by looking at what the resort has to offer, including its three theme parks.​

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
This big project is split into two parts. One of them is its big layout and the other is its in-depth description. This thread will explore the resort while the next one will go in-depth and look at what each attraction and area is like.

I've recently returned from a week-long break from the imagineering forums, but now I am back with new ideas. With my lessons learned from the original Disneytopia I created (which you can see here), I am making a new draft of the resort. Similar things, different placement of stuff.

Tomorrow, we shall begin by looking at what the resort has to offer, including its three theme parks.​
I hope you'll have a Roger Rabbit simulator attraction along other Roger Rabbit attractions in Hollywood theme park.

MagicKingdom4Ever

Original Poster
I hope you'll have a Roger Rabbit simulator attraction along other Roger Rabbit attractions in Hollywood theme park.
There is no Hollywood theme park. There is a castle park, Epcot-style park, and a Disneysea style park.

And please don't keep asking me about this. I don't want to go through this again.

MagicKingdom4Ever

Original Poster
What about Marvel aka Avengers Campus, Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge, and 20th Century Studios IPs?
Marvel and Lucasfilm IPs will be included. With the exception of Avatar, there will be no 20th Century Fox/Studios IPs, just for integrity. No big and powerful company should purchase another big and powerful company.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Marvel and Lucasfilm IPs will be included. With the exception of Avatar, there will be no 20th Century Fox/Studios IPs, just for integrity. No big and powerful company should purchase another big and powerful company.
I like to see Deadpool trackless shootout dark ride like Buzz Lightyear.
Deadpool GIFs - Get the best gif on GIFER

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
I said no 20th Century Fox/Studios IPs, including their Marvel stuff. Only the first six Star Wars movies and Avatar are allowed.
Oh, nevermind. I'd love to see the Nightmare Before Christmas dark ride like Peter Pan's Flight where you'll ride Jack's coffins as sleigh to flying over Halloween Town as listening to Danny Elfman's ride-through soundtrack.
Also, I like to see new Spider-Man dark ride where you'll swingin' into New York City to battle some villians such as Mysterio, Green Goblin and Doc Ock.

spacemt354

Chili's
Oh, nevermind. I'd love to see the Nightmare Before Christmas dark ride like Peter Pan's Flight where you'll ride Jack's coffins as sleigh to flying over Halloween Town as listening to Danny Elfman's ride-through soundtrack.
Also, I like to see new Spider-Man dark ride where you'll swingin' into New York City to battle some villians such as Mysterio, Green Goblin and Doc Ock.
bbae1a70a0e1d9ca5195c784ee0cad80.jpg

If you want to upload an avatar picture, this would fit nicely.

MagicKingdom4Ever

Original Poster
Um Deadpool 3 which is the sequel to the 20th Century Studios Deadpool films is being made by Marvel Studios. So Deadpool & Wolverine would have to be in it kinda.
Well, this is set in an alternate reality where the Disney/Fox purchase didn't happen. Therefore, they wouldn't be making movies like that at the moment.

MagicKingdom4Ever

Original Poster
Now let's go over what the resort has to offer:

MAGIC WORLD
best+disney+park+iconic+castles+shanghai+03.jpeg
The first gate in the Disneytopia resort, this will be the castle park. Done in classic Magic Kingdom format, this invites the young and young at heart to live their dreams in worlds of imagination and fantasy.​

NEO WORLD

FalconCityMedium.jpg
Mixing the fun of Disney with educational values, the second gate of the Disneytopia resort is a world's fair-style park. It's basically Epcot meets Disney's Animal Kingdom. The park is supposed to be balanced, aiming to be educational and entertaining at the same time. (Yes, IPs will used, but just go with it.)
ADVENTURE WORLD
AnakKrakatau-1400x800.jpg
The third and final gate in Disneytopia is a Tokyo Disneysea-esque park that evokes a theme of exploration. Here, guests can travel to exotic places and interesting new worlds, many of which are inspired by their favorite Disney stories. For those who seek adventure, they will find it here.
DISNEYVILLE
5ab299364d8bb72e028b4608.png
Set in a charming village, this district serves as the Downtown Disney of the resort. Here, guests can find shopping, dining, and entertainment all around.

Additionally, the resort contains several hotels and a water park, Paradise Bay. The resort is located somewhere in Southern Texas, possibly San Antonio or Houston.

Join us tomorrow as we start exploring Magic World.​

MickeyMouse10

Whoa! I'm surprised you are doing a new version already. I can't wait to see it and how it differs from the last version.

Best of Luck buddy

MagicKingdom4Ever

Original Poster
Let us now begin exploring Magic World.

Great Disney Castle.jpg

"To all who come to this happy place, welcome...." These immortal words are what Walt Disney used to open Disneyland park to the public in 1955. Since then, five more parks done in the same format have been opened in Orlando in 1971, Tokyo in 1983, Paris in 1992, Hong Kong in 2005, and Shanghai in 2016. Now, Disney returns to America to make a new park done in the style of its American counter- parts while also adding a new flare of magic to the familiar design.

This park is done in the immersive style of Disneyland Paris, where every land has its big world and takes up lots of space. It really feels like you've been transported to these magical realms of excitement and adventure. There are seven lands in Magic World, each with their own theme and attractions:
  • Main Street, U.S.A.: A turn-of-the-century Midwestern town.​
  • Waterfront Square: A seaside port during the Gilded Age.​
  • Frontierland: A journey through American history.​
  • Adventureland: An exciting tour of the world's most exotic places.​
  • Fantasyland: A world where fairy tales come alive.​
  • Tomorrowland: A "real" future where science depicts a bright future.​
  • Possibilityland: A "fantasy" future where science fiction stories come to life.​
These seven lands will be explored in later posts.

MagicKingdom4Ever

Original Poster
Time to stroll down Main Street.....

MAIN STREET, U.S.A.
2020-wdw-magic-kingdom-reopening-train-station-general-stock-2.jpg
Welcome to a charming American town at the turn of the Twentieth Century. This takes inspiration from Walt Disney's hometown of Marceline, Missouri, where he lived as a child. This has an old-timey flair with colorful buildings, gas lamps, old vehicles, and magical music playing overhead. Some guests can even look in the windows and see "credits" for people who helped build the park, such as fictional businesses named after imagineers.

When walking through the main gates, the first thing that guests see is a floral image of Mickey Mouse, and above that, an old train station. This is where guests board the Disneytopia Railroad, which departs to Frontierland. Walking through the tunnels on the sides of the station, guests can see advertisements for certain attractions. Then, when they exit the tunnels, they enter a town square, where parades usually start out. In the square is where an American flag waves behind a gazebo, where characters meet and the Main Street Marching Band plays from time to time. On the left side of the square is City Hall, where guests can find help and services. Located nearby is the Chamber of Commerce, where guests can pick up souvenirs they bought during the day. Also on that side is the iconic Firehouse, where guests can purchase Magic Talismans. These are similar to the wands in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal parks, except it goes throughout the entire park and allows guests to play certain games. There is also an adventure mode where guests travel across the park and battle Disney Villains, similar to Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom. On the right side of the square is the Main Street Opera House, where Mickey and the Marvelous Mirror, an original stage show, is performed. Next to it is the Stage Room, where you can meet Mickey himself.​
Castle_MainStUSA_Empty-620x330.jpg
There are many ways to get down the street. There are two vehicles to take down: Horse-Drawn Streetcars and the Omnibus. They can be boarded in the square, the center of the street, or the hub. On both sides of the street are arcades, similar to the ones in Disneyland Paris. On the left is the Liberty Arcade, which tributes the Statue of Liberty, Immigration in the early 1900s, and the role it played in America history. This gives the back side of several shops as well as a secret entrance to Waterfront Square. On the right is the Possibility Arcade, which is a lot like the Liberty Arcade but is based off Science Fiction ideas of the late Ninenteenth and early Twentieth Centuries, such as Steampunx and Dieselpunx. This also gives an alternate entrance into Possibilityland.​

As guests go down the street, they will find several shops and restaurants. This includes the park's biggest shop, the Emporium, on the left, as well as Main Street Cafe, a restaurant. On the right side of the block is Crystal Corner, a jewelry shop, as well as Gibson Gal Ice Cream, Dapper Dan's Barber Shop (near which the Dapper Dans themselves sing), and Disney Clothiers. On the second block is Roy's Bakery, Souvenir Station, and Confectionary Candy on the left and Main Street Cinema (where classic Mickey cartoons are shown), Lillian's Sandwiches on the right. From there, guests proceed to the hub.
Main-St-Cinema-1180x600-1180x600.jpg

The hub is a round, circular place with gardens all around it. In the center of it is the iconic "Partners" Statue of Walt Disney and Mickey Mouse. Behind it is the Enchanted Fairytale Castle, a large castle with a fantasy design and references to all of the princesses on its spires. Going clockwise around the hub are entrances to Frontierland, Adventureland, Tomorrowland, and Possibilityland (Fantasyland is entered through the castle or through shortcuts near it coming from Adventureland and Tomorrowland. This is where parades turn into Tomorrowland and continue their course. Near the arcades are two restaurants. The Pavilion is a fast-food restaurant where people eat outside, located near the entrance to Frontierland. Walt's American Restaurant is located near Possibilityland's entrance, and it is similar to a restaurant found in Disneyland Paris. It contains themed rooms to the park and its development.
Partners-Statue.jpg

Attractions:​
  • Disneytopia Railroad​
  • Horse-Drawn Streetcars​
  • Omnibus​
  • Liberty Arcade​
  • Possibility Arcade​
  • Main Street Cinema​
Help and services:
  • City Hall
  • Chamber of Commerce
Dining:
  • Main Street Cafe
  • Gibson Gal Ice Cream
  • Roy's Bakery
  • Lilian's Sandwiches
  • The Pavilion
  • Walt's American Restaurant
Shopping:
  • Firehouse
  • Emporium
  • Crystal Corner
  • Dapper Dan's Barber Shop
  • Disney Clothiers
  • Souvenir Station
  • Confectionary Candy
Entertainment:
  • Main Street Marching Band
  • Mickey and the Marvelous Mirror
  • Stage Room
  • Dapper Dans
That about covers Main Street. We will begin going clockwise around the park by visiting Waterfront Square.

MagicKingdom4Ever

Original Poster
Let's go to our first land and the only area that shares room with another land (Frontierland)......

WATERFRONT SQUARE
4a31829v.jpg
It is the late 1800s in the North, and an era of change is upon the American country. It is an age of new immigrants (such as the Irish- Canadian family known as the Disneys), new ideas, and new dreams, but also new problems. This look into the past offers to show the modern-day people a possibly little-known time in American history, educating people about the age when the culturally diverse country we know today came to be. This is the smallest area of the park, but it is also the most unique.

Coming out of the Liberty Arcade from the west or a bridge from Frontierland from the north, (a bunch of trees hide the backstage of Main Street) guests enter the harbor of an American city in the North Atlantic, inspired by Newport, Boston, and New York at the times. On both sides of the arcade exit are fast food restaurants, such as Bites by the Bay and Immigrant Ice Cream. Along the side of the town are shops and restaurants that show the cultural diversity at the time. Restaurants include Golden Dragon Restaurant, Callaghan's Irish Pub, Hamburger Haus, and Bella's Italian, which serve Chinese, Irish, German, and Italian food. Also in the area is Immigration Station, where cultural items and custom family souvenirs are sold, and Jim's Market, where people can buy other merchandise. Eventually, guests will come to a harbor where two attractions are. The Making of Modern America is an American history show telling about how America worked together to solve the problems of the Gilded Age while people from all over came to the country and created a new, blended culture. The Ellis is an exploration attraction where guests can explore an old passenger ship, like the ones that carried people across the sea.​
Titanic.jpg
Going past these two attractions are a bunch of other shops and restaurants. There's Anothony's Deli and Sugarhouse Bakery, as well as Photo Parlor, Waterfront Traders, and Madame Leota's Spirit Shop. At the end of the area, overlooking the Rivers of America, is a manor based off of the demolished Vanderbilt Mansion in New York. This is where the Haunted Mansion is, a more advanced take on the classic attraction with a few new surprises along the way.
Cornelius-Vanderbilt-II-Mansion.jpg

Attractions:
  • The Making of Modern America
  • The Ellis
  • Haunted Mansion
Dining:
  • Bites by the Bay
  • Immigrant Ice Cream
  • Golden Dragon Restaurant
  • Callaghan's Irish Pub
  • Hamburger Haus
  • Bella's Italian
  • Anthony's Deli
  • Sugarhouse Bakery
Shopping:
  • Immigration Station
  • Jim's Market
  • Photo Parlor
  • Waterfront Traders
  • Madame Leota's Spirit Shop
Join us tomorrow as we head up north to the wildest land of all, Frontierland.

MagicKingdom4Ever

Original Poster
It's now time to explore one of the four classic lands......but it's not the Frontierland people are used to. This one focuses on American history and aspects that made our country, continuing with the theme of Waterfront Square but taking it to another level.
FRONTIERLAND
unnamed.jpg
Across the Rivers of America is a land where America's history and settlement are celebrated. Here, guests will find a new aspect on the land of the free and what made it up throughout time. Whether it be cowboys of the Nineteenth Century, the cultural blend of New Orleans, or the adventures in the forests of the country, we've got something for everyone to see, all around a big, natural island covered with different fauna depending on where you are in Frontierland or Waterfront Square.

This land is split into three sub-areas. The first one is a New Orleans area, which is entered through an iron gate from the hub. Here, guests will enter the city at its peak in the 1920s and 1930s. Frontier Island, the center of the Rivers of America, is seen from here, showing a drop from the top of the peak and some swampy environment around it. In front of that is a stage where entertainment, such as Mardi Gras Celebration and the Royal Street Jazz Band play at select times. When first coming in, guests will find two shops on their right, Mardi Gras Party Supplies and Cristel de Orleans. There is also a restaurant called Cafe Orleans, which is near a tunnel to Adventureland. On the left of the entrance is French Market and River Crossing, a shop and a restaurant. Further to the left is Tiana's Palace, a bigger restaurant inspired by the one seen at the end of The Princess and the Frog. That is near a bridge going down to Waterfront Square. On the right is where Bourbon Street Store sits across from Cafe Orleans, transitioning into a bayou area. On the right side are trees to help transition the area to the forest area and to Adventureland. On the left side is the loading area of Tiana's Bayou Adventure, which takes place mostly on Frontier Island. The loading/unloading area is on the mainland as well as some final show scenes and a shop, Mama Odie's Bayou Store. (Although I'll miss Splash Mountain, I can hope that this will be just as good. I do have a few references in this ride, such as America Sings figures, a scene with bees, and a rabbit character named Harry, who is kind of like Brer Rabbit. I also introduce new characters, such as a Choctaw hunter named Samuel Santos and a new villain, a witch named Geraldine and her coven.)​
Disneyland-News-New-Orleans-Square-Mardi-Gras-Mask.jpeg

Moving out of the comfort of New Orleans, guests head into a forest area, with log buildings and the like. On the water are Exploration Canoes, where guests paddle around the Rivers of America to see what it has to offer. Around the forest outpost are buildings such as the Trading Post, Beaver Bites, and Native Necessities, the last of which sells Native American merchandise. There are two additional attractions in this area: Wilderness Trails, where guests can explore the forest as well as a fort overlooking the river, as well as the forested side of Frontier Island, and Country Bear Jamboree. Located near a wooden gate to the last area, this updated version of the show features new in-theater effects, a mix of audio-animatronics and screens, and a new story where they teach the importance of nature to the guests and outsmart a cunning businessman who wants to deforest their area to build a new settlement.​
country-bear-jamboree-cliff.jpg
Last but not least is a Wild West area, the revived ghost town of Thunder Springs. When going in, guests come across a set of buildings on their right, including Western Wares and the Lucky Horseshoe, a big saloon in the style of the Golden Horseshoe and the Diamond Horseshoe. Across from it is the Roundup Ranch, a buffet within a barn. Between these two is a third entry to Adventureland, nearby which is the location of the Thunder Springs Shootin' Gallery as well as Thunder Springs Mercantile. Past this small village and on the left are two attractions, Thunder Springs Riverboat, which takes guests on a boat tour of Waterfront Square and Frontierland, and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Beyond that is the Disneytopia Railroad, which departs to Fantasyland, as well as the Critter Corral, another restaurant done in the style of Prairie Schooner (Look it up. It's like Rainforest Cafe, but Western-themed.)​
nshdgjed8ff9345.jpg

Attractions:
  • Tiana's Bayou Adventure
  • Exploration Canoes
  • Wilderness Trails
  • Country Bear Jamboree
  • Thunder Springs Shootin' Gallery
  • Thunder Springs Riverboat
  • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
  • Disneytopia Railroad
Dining:
  • Cafe Orleans
  • River Crossing
  • Tiana's Palace
  • Beaver Bites
  • Lucky Horseshoe
  • Roundup Ranch
  • Critter Corral
Shopping:
  • Mardi Gras Party Supplies
  • Cristel de Orleans
  • French Market
  • Mama Odie's Bayou Store
  • Trading Post
  • Native Necessities
  • Western Wares
  • Thunder Springs Mercantile
Entertainment:
  • Mardi Gras Celebration
  • Royal Street Jazz Band
And that's it for Frontierland. Join us tomorrow as we trek into the uncharted waters of Adventureland.

MagicKingdom4Ever

Original Poster
Put on your trekking boots! It's time to explore the untamed worlds of........

ADVENTURELAND
231_main_visual_name_2.jpg
Located in the northwestern corner of the park is a land where guests explore exotic places and encounter many unexpected twists and turns along the way. Aside from exploration and adventure in Polynesia, Africa, Asia, and the Caribbean, this land has another theme surrounding it: water. All of the attractions include water to an extent and there is a boat in all four areas.

When coming in from the hub, guests walk into a Polynesian village, based off of Hawaii, Samoa, Tahiti, and Tonga. While there are passages to Frontierland and Fantasyland from here, there are more things here as well. On the left side of the entrance is Tahiti Terrace, a fast food restaurant, while on the right side is Tropical Traders, a gift shop. Ahead is a covered theater where guests can watch Moana: We Know the Way, a show that combines fountains, actors, puppetry, and screens to tell the story of the film. Further up north is the Enchanted Tiki Room, now with some new features to add to the dazzle of the show. Exiting from this theater brings you close to Dole Whip, where ice cream is sold. Moana's boat is seen nearby as well as another double-hulled canoe. Ohana is a nearby restaurant. As guests walked further to the jungle north, they will go into an African area.​
Walt_Disney's_Enchanted_Tiki_Room.jpg
Going west of the area, guests will soon enter a Spanish Caribbean village, done in a more colorful way than previous villages. This is like Treasure Cove in Shanghai Disneyland. Along the village, guests can eat at Kraken Kitchen or shop at Pieces of Eight. Nearby is a pirate ship that guests can explore called the Scurvy Dog, nearby which guests can walk a bridge to Treasure Island, a Tom Sawyer Island-esque place where guests can explore and search for treasure. Near the tunnel to Frontierland is the Pirate's League, where guests can become pirates. At the end of the village is a scarred, battle-worn fortress overlooking the waters. This is where guests can ride Pirates of the Caribbean, which is a new take on the ride with parts going backwards (similar to Frozen Ever After) and a different order of show scenes (like the one in Paris.) Guests can watch boats go by in the Blackbeard's Bounty restaurant, a Blue Bayou-type restaurant, and the ride exits into a gift shop called Treasure Trove.
image_landhome_4.jpg
North of the Polynesian village is an African village in the early Twentieth Century. Designed with a mix of tribal and colonial style, this is supposed to give guests the feeling that they are in a jungle outpost. On the sides of a tunnel to Fantasyland are Jungle Juice and Congo Collectibles, a dining and shopping place. On the left are some explorer boats, as well as Tarzan's Treehouse, a tall tree that is similar to the (soon-to-be) defunct one in Disneyland. Up north are a trio of buildings that stand in as the area's major headliners. The middle building is where guests can board the World-Famous Jungle Cruise, now with new sequences and jokes as well as a grand finale in a lost Thai temple, which ties into the nearby Dragon Mountain. This ride also has a mesmerizing nighttime tour like the ones in Tokyo. On the left of that is the Adventureland Bazaar, a two-story building selling exotic things. On the right is the Explorer's Cafe, a sit-down restaurant overlooking the Jungle Cruise route. Going to the left of these three buildings is a bridge to another area as well as some tribal boats.​
Adventureland.jpg
Last but not least is a Southeast Asian area, where some long-tail boats are seen nearby. (A model of the Singaporean pirate ship from Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End transitions it to the Caribbean area since it is near Treasure Island). The buildings are mainly inspired by Thailand and Myanmar, even though there are touches of Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia. On the left is a bridge to Treasure Island as well as a gift shop, Naga Treasures, and on the right is Pho Thai Noodle House, a restaurant. Further down is the Mekong Market, a gift shop selling Southeast Asian cultural things. Behind it is the area's big E-Ticket attraction, Dragon Mountain, an aqua coaster (think Journey to Atlantis at Sea World) where guests travel through a mysterious mountain in search of ancient treasure, coming face-to-face with supernatural forces along the way and featuring two big drops. Also near the mountain is an attached smaller mountain, which houses Raya and the Dragon Journey, a motion simulator based off of Raya and the Last Dragon where it's supposed to feel like you're running on raindrops. The ride exits into the Ongi Plunder Store, which also serves as Dragon Mountain's gift shop, and nearby is Flavors of Kumandra, a Southeast Asian restaurant mixing all sorts of styles.​
Raya_and_the_Last_Dragon_OT_%2827%29.png
Attractions:​
  • Enchanted Tiki Room​
  • Scurvy Dog​
  • Treasure Island​
  • Pirates of the Caribbean​
  • Tarzan's Treehouse​
  • Jungle Cruise​
  • Dragon Mountain​
  • Raya and the Dragon Journey​
Dining:
  • Tahiti Terrace
  • Dole Whip
  • Ohana
  • Kraken Kitchen
  • Blackbeard's Bounty
  • Jungle Juice
  • Explorer's Cafe
  • Pho Thai Noddle House
  • Flavors of Kumandra
Shopping:
  • Tropical Traders
  • Pieces of Eight
  • Pirate's League
  • Treasure Trove
  • Congo Collectibles
  • Adventureland Bazaar
  • Naga Treasures
  • Mekong Market
  • Ongi Plunder Store
Join us tomorrow as we go into the largest area in the park: Fantasyland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom