The new and improved Carousel of Progress!

mharrington

Original Poster
I am working on a way to improve the Carousel of Progress show by not only refurbishing or even replacing the characters, but also by creating a brand-new fourth scene at the end (I'm thinking of setting it in either the year 2055 or 2071, what's your pleasure?). Also, I'm planning to rewrite the script for the show by reusing some words used from older versions of the show, as well as adding new dialogue. As for the theme song, I've been grappling with whether I should use, "The Best Time of Your Life", "There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" or something brand-new altogether, but I finally decided on the aforementioned "Tomorrow". You can provide some ideas if you wish. Finally, its full name will still be "Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress". I will begin the script soon...

Figment fan

Here's an idea for your script: have a closing scene which wraps up about Walt Disney's vision and other things that may be discussed in the ride. And then have the narrator sing "There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" while the guests exit the ride and the other people enter.

Is this okay?

mharrington

Original Poster
Here's an idea for your script: have a closing scene which wraps up about Walt Disney's vision and other things that may be discussed in the ride. And then have the narrator sing "There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" while the guests exit the ride and the other people enter.

Is this okay?

What do you mean by that? :brick: Could you provide some examples? Also, should "Tomorrow" be heard only during when loading and unloading, or should be heard everywhere?

mharrington

Original Poster
Here's the script of the intro and first act...

INTRO AND ACT ONE (Valentine's Day, 1904)

NARRATOR:
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Shining at the end of every day.
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow,
And tomorrow's just a dream away.
Man has a dream and that's a start.
He follows his dream with mind and heart.
And when it becomes a reality,
It's a dream come true for you and me.
So there's a great big beautiful tomorrow,
Just a dream away.

Hello, folks, and welcome to Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress. Today, you're in for a real treat. Right from the start, this idea originated from Walt Disney. He enjoyed every minute of it. He introduced this show at the New York World's Fair in 1964 and it impressed people ever since. When the fair ended, this show went to Disneyland in Anaheim, California before finally coming here to Florida in 1975. Over the years, this show has had more performances than any other stage show in the history of American theater. You know, Walt loved the idea of progress and he loved the American family. In fact, he was probably as American as anyone could be. He thought it would be fun to watch the American family go through the twentieth century, experiencing all-new wonders every step of the way. And he put them together in a show called the Carousel of Progress, which you are about to see. And although our Carousel family has experienced some changes as the years went by, our show still revolves around the same theme: progress. May the century begin...

(The theater starts to move for the first time. Upbeat ragtime music comes on to the tune of the ride's theme song.)

CHORUS:
He follows his dream with mind and heart.

(The theater rolls around to the first stage: the kitchen of an average 1900s home. The father, whose name is John and is the master of ceremonies for this show, is sitting in a rocker, wearing a smoking jacket and holding a pipe and newspaper. The dog, Rover, lies faithfully by his side. John joins in on the singing as the chorus fades out.)

JOHN:
So there's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away.

(The song ends, but plays on as background music in quiet violin form. Through the windows the audience see that it's a bright sunny day outside. Birds are chirping in the springtime air. John notices the sound of the birds and begins to address the crowd.)

JOHN: Well, it looks like the robins are about to celebrate Valentine's Day today. What year is it? Oh, just around the turn of the century. And no doubt about it, things couldn't be any better than they are today. Yes, sir, buildings in the city are towering twenty stories or more and moving pictures are flickering up on a screen. We call them picture shows. Also, we have about some 8,000 automobiles in this country and we can travel from coast to coast by train in just a week. I even heard tell of two brothers named Wright who are working on some newfangled flying machine. (He chuckles to himself) That plan will never work. They're simply wasting their time. Meanwhile, around the home, we have the latest and greatest: gas lamps, telephone and the latest design in cast iron stoves. Also, that reservoir keeps five gallons of water hot all day on just three buckets of coal. Yep, sure beats chopping wood. And isn't our new icebox a beauty? Get a load of that. Holds 50 pounds of ice. (The icebox opens, revealing ice, bread and milk) Milk doesn't sour as quick as it used to. Also, our dog Rover here keeps the water in the drip pan from overflowing. It wasn't too long ago we had to carry water from a well. But now, thanks to progress, we have a pump right here in the kitchen. (The pump handle on the sink magically moves and water starts to flow) Of course, we keep a bucket of water handy to prime it with. Yes, sir, we have everything to make life easier. (John looks over to his right, the audience's left, where the first of the rotating dioramas appears. A woman, the mother whose name is Sarah, dressed in an apron, is ironing a shirt, while her young daughter works beside her. In the background is a large pantry with bags of food.) Hey, Mother!

SARAH: What is it?

JOHN: I was reading about a fellow named Tom Edison, who's working on an idea for some kind of snap-on electric light.

SARAH: Edison, huh? Electric light, huh? It'll never work. He's just wasting his time.

JOHN: This is my wife, Sarah. (Chuckles) She sure can get to the core of the apple.

SARAH: But now that we have this new washday marvel, it takes only FIVE HOURS to do the wash. Imagine! Used to take two days at least.

JOHN: That's right, folks. Now Mother has time to do other things, like...

SARAH: Like canning and freshening up the oven and the stove?

JOHN: (chuckles) Yep, Mother. But no one can improve on nature for drying clothes.

SARAH: Excuse me, please, while I go get the wash off the line. It looks like rain.

(Rover barks at the comment and the diorama disappears.)

JOHN: Oh, don't worry, Rover, it's not going to rain today. How can it rain if my backache isn't acting up?

(Lightning flashes and the audience hears thunder while the lights dim for a few seconds. Rain starts to fall outside.)

SARAH: (offstage) I told you so!

(Lights come back on.)

JOHN: My, my, just listen to it come down out there. Oh, well, the cistern was low on rainwater anyway. Now, around our home, entertainment is improving as well. For example, with the advent of the stereoscope, my son, James, and I can now see and learn all about the latest events in the world. But he'll have to ask permission first if he wants to look at it alone.

(The diorama on the audience's right lights up to display a young boy, John's aforementioned son, James, using a stereoscope beside an oil lamp.)

JAMES: Wowee! Look at that!

JOHN: Now look here, young man, if I told you once, I told you a thousand times, ask my permission to look at my expensive stereoscope. That's not a toy, you know!

JAMES: Ooh! Is that the Norwegian doing the hoochie-koochie, Dad?

JOHN: Oh, yeah, that's one thing I forgot to mention. She's the main attraction at the World's Fair out in St. Louis. (clears throat) Now, James, please put that away this minute before your mother finds it and get back to your homework, okay?

JAMES: But Dad...

JOHN: This minute! (The diorama disappears) Now, where was I? Oh, yes. We don't have an opera house in town, but we do have the next best thing: one of those new talking machines. What a beauty! It plays music right here in our home.

(The left diorama opens again, this time displaying Grandma sitting in a rocker, listening to music on a phonograph machine. A parrot is sitting on a perch beside her. The record plays "There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" in an operatic style.)

PARROT: (squawks) She keeps that thing going all day. That tenor's driving me nuts. (Squawks again) Progress!

(The diorama disappears.)

JOHN: Of course, there are times when the younger people have their own ideas of fun and entertainment, too. (The right diorama reopens, revealing John's daughter, Jane. She's sitting at a vanity, fixing her hair. She's only wearing her under garments, but in the 1900s, the under garments were more modest than today's outer garments, so the scene isn't nor should it be offensive. Flowery, feminine music comes on for the daughter.) Take my teenage daughter, Jane, for instance. She's getting ready to go to a Valentine's dance at the other end of town on one of those new electric trolleys.

JANE: Oh, Papa.

JOHN: What is it, Jane?

JANE: All these people! I'm indecent!

JOHN: Don't worry, they're friends!

JANE: Well, thanks for letting me go, Papa.

JOHN: Okay. But you be home by 9:00 sharp, daughter. Understand?

(The flowery music dies for obvious reasons.)

JANE: (dejectedly) Yes, Papa.

JOHN: You know, all this talk about progress has made me work up quite a thirst. I think I'll take a trolley across town myself and meet the boys at the drug store soda fountain for a cold sarsaparilla. Oops, sorry, I forgot. We're drinking root beer now. Same drink, different name. Well, I guess that's progress for you. Which reminds me...

JOHN AND CHORUS:
Theres a great big beautiful tomorrow,
He follows his dream with mind and heart...

So, what did you think, guys? Wonderful, isn't it? As you can see, it's actually largely the same script as always, but with some minor tweaks, but just wait till the fourth and last scene. Stay tuned for part two...

Epcot82Guy

Just as a secondary concept, I had posted a concept of Epcot's COP tied to a Progress pavilion to take over Innoventions West. It basically would involve the updates you have made but, instead of a new scene, guests would exit the theater past an upward sloping staircase over the future bedroom (think Horizon's cityscape). Finally, you would end up in the pavilion itself which featured interactive kiosks explaining how many of the world's greatest accomplishments work (electricity, hydraulics, etc.) in a highly interactive way (think MOSI). At the center would be an interactive model of Walt's EPCOT with buttons all along that light up and explain how the various aspects function.

Figment fan

What do you mean by that? :brick: Could you provide some examples? Also, should "Tomorrow" be heard only during when loading and unloading, or should be heard everywhere?

What I meant was that for the people entering and exuiting the ride, the narrator would be singing "There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow". The song, however, could be heard all the time.
Is that alright? By the way: Great job on the script by the way!

mharrington

Original Poster
What I meant was that for the people entering and exuiting the ride, the narrator would be singing "There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow". The song, however, could be heard all the time.
Is that alright? By the way: Great job on the script by the way!

Thank you! Of course that's alright. I decided that "Tomorrow" will be the theme song heard throughout the attraction, anyway. Thanks.

mharrington

Original Poster
Thank you! Of course that's alright. I decided that "Tomorrow" will be the theme song heard throughout the attraction, anyway. Thanks.

I was also thinking of having the music of the song being played in different forms, depending on the act. For example, in the first act, the music could play in ragtime form, while in the third act (set in the 1940s), it could play in big band form. What do you think?

mharrington

Original Poster
Here's part two of the script:

ACT TWO (4th of July, 1927)

JOHN AND CHORUS:
Just a dream away.

(By this point, the theater has rotated to the next stage. Now we're in a more modern kitchen than before; same basic layout, though. In the middle of the kitchen, John is sitting backwards in a chair, holding a Niagara Falls fan. Electricity is everywhere, wires hanging from the appliances. Rover lies on the floor in front of his master.)

JOHN: Whew, boy! Hottest Fourth of July we've had in years. Well, we sure have come a long way since the turn of the century some twenty-plus years ago. But no one realized then that this would be the age of electricity. Everyone's using it: houses, farms, factories, whole towns. With electric streetlights, we don't worry so much about the youngsters being out after dark. Plus, sports stadiums are springing up everywhere like daisies. Boy, no one can strike the old horsehide like Babe Ruth. There's also this new kind of music out there now called Jazz that youngsters go for now. Plus, there's been an ad in the paper for a new movie starring Al Jolson. And get this... he will talk. And sing, too! Boy, I'll have to see that when it comes out.

(He then hears a car horn honking. He chuckles at the sound.)

JOHN: That's my neighbor, Schwartz, in his humpmobile. He adores that horn, doesn't he? But I have a new Essex with an electric starter. Now I no longer have to crank. Now we can travel by train from New York City to Los Angeles in just half a week. And you know that pilot fellow, Charles Lindbergh? He's flying a single-winged plane across the Altantic! (He chuckles.) He'll never make it. He's just wasting his time. Back at our house, we have a whole slew of new electrical servants, like the sewing machine, the coffee percolator and the refrigerator. Mr. Edison sure added life to our home. Just flip a switch or push a button and they start operating.

(Crazy, hyper music plays and all of the "electrical servants" start going berserk. The vacuum moves crazily, the oven and refrigerator doors open and close quickly, and lights flicker on and off.)

JOHN: Hey, slow down! You'll blow a fuse!

(The machines die down and the lights go out, too, plunging the theater into darkness. The only lights on are those of the city outside.)

JOHN: Oh, no, not again! Third one this week. I buy fuses by the case.

(Then the lights outside die, too. Now the whole theater is completely dark.)

JOHN: Drat! I blew the neighborhood, too!

(He sounds as if he finds a strange amusement in his deed.)

OFFSTAGE WOMAN: Henry! That neigbor of ours did it again! Go give him what is for!

(Rover growls, as if coming to his master's rescue.)

JOHN: Take it easy, Rover. (He calls offstage) Hey, James! Fix that fuse, please!

(We hear the crunching of gravel as James walks around in the backyard trying to find the fusebox.)

JAMES: (offstage) Aw, shucks, whenever pop blows a fuse, he has company. And guess who has to always fix it.

JOHN: I heard that, young man!

(We hear a thump and the lights (both inside and out) come back on.)

JOHN: There. That's more like it.

(The right diorama lights up, revealing Sarah sitting on the front porch, sewing a costume.)

SARAH: Ah, thank heavens. John, I'll do your costume last before the parade begins.

JOHN: Oh, yeah, Sarah here is in the lady's club. They're responsible for our town's Fourth of July celebration tonight. She's got us all roped up into performing in their program.

SARAH: And I decided we go this year as George and Martha Washington.

JOHN: Ooh, the father of our country, eh? (Whimsical voice) That's a role that suits my fancy, you know.

SARAH: And I'm so glad we now have a light fixture on the front porch. It's just too hot to sew inside in the summertime. And wait till you see what I have in store for the fireworks show tonight.

(Rover barks at the mention of fireworks, since we all know dogs despise fireworks.)

JOHN: Rover! Don't bark while Sarah's interrupting!

SARAH: And guess who opted to choose the music for the program.

(The diorama disappears and the left one lights up, revealing James near an old-fashioned radio and Grandpa sitting in a chair, tinkering with a firework.)

JAMES: Hey, pop, I did it! Listen to this.

(James turns the radio on. Patriotic music plays.)

JOHN: (to James) Good job, Jimmy. (To us) Oh, yeah, that's another thing. We now have a new Gladstone radio set. Now we can get news and...

(James interrupts him by switching from station to station, until a news broadcast comes on.)

RADIO ANNOUNCER: People are starting to arrive downtown for a spectacular Forth of July parade and fireworks event tonight. Mayor Beaverfield said...

(The radio dies and turns off. The diorama disappears. John looks at the right diorama, even its not lit up yet.)

JOHN: Oh, Jane!

JANE: Yeah?

JOHN: Hurry up in there. People are lining up downtown already.

JANE: (whiny voice) MUST I go?

(This diorama lights up, revealing Jane dressed as the Statue of Liberty holding a torch.)

JANE: If my boyfriend Robert sees me like this, it'll scare him away!

JOHN: (chuckling) Well... if that happens, at least you'll have the torch to carry for him. (He laughs again.)

(Rover growls at his master, as if coming to Jane's rescue.)

JANE: Rover's right, father. That's not funny.

JOHN: (To Rover) Relax, Rover, that was just a joke. Besides, I thought you were supposed to be MAN's best friend. (To us) Another thing, we have indoor plumbing now! Boy, oh, boy, that's really great on cold nights and it saves a lot of walking to boot. One person here really adores that: our house guest, old Uncle Orville.

(The left diorama lights up to display a bathroom, with Orville lying in the tub. He's reading the paper, and wiggling his toes over the edge of the tub, humming a tune. Next to him is a block of ice, and a fan, which blows the cold ice air onto Orville. Sarah had evidently roped Orville into participating in the parade as well, because an "Uncle Sam" costume is hanging from the wall.)

JOHN: As always, Orville here's taken over the coolest spot in the house. He has, however, rigged up a clever little contraption. He calls it "air cooling." Humph. (Low voice) Too bad he's not reading the "help wanted" ads.

ORVILLE: (offstage) No privacy at all around this place!

JOHN: (To Orville) Sorry, Orville. (To us) You know, considering all the...

SARAH: (offstage) Oh, John! Your costume's ready!

JOHN: (To Sarah) Okay! Be right with you, Martha! (Back to us) Well, as I was saying, considering all the conveniences we have nowadays, it looks as though we've made real progress in making our lives easier. It just doesn't get any better than this. Just goes to show that...

JOHN AND CHORUS:

So there is part two; look for part three soon. I'm actually having difficulty creating the new script for the fourth act; can anyone give me a hand? Thanks.

mharrington

Original Poster
:cry: Aw, come on, doesn't anyone want to help out? I have an idea for the third scene, but I have no idea how to do the fourth scene. I can't decide what year to put it in or anything else to include as well?

Figment fan

:cry: Aw, come on, doesn't anyone want to help out? I have an idea for the third scene, but I have no idea how to do the fourth scene. I can't decide what year to put it in or anything else to include as well?

Have the fourth scene be similar to the one at Florida's, expect have it take place in 2020. Keep some of the same stuff from Florida's.

mharrington

Original Poster
Have the fourth scene be similar to the one at Florida's, expect have it take place in 2020. Keep some of the same stuff from Florida's.

Good idea, except don't you think we should have some stuff from the future? Anyway, look for the script for Act Three to appear soon...

mharrington

Original Poster
Sorry for neglecting this thread, but I got busy. Anyway, here's part three of the script:

ACT THREE (Halloween, 1947)

JOHN AND CHORUS:
Just a dream away.

(By this point, the theater has rotated to the next stage. Again, it's the same basic layout. John is sitting a booth set up against the kitchen wall. Rover is on the floor in front of him. The overall decor is now very 40s-like. There are fewer exposed electric wires, due to the fact that they are well hidden. We see a jack-o-lantern on the table in front of John, so we can guess that it is Halloween.)

JOHN: Well, it's another Halloween in the post-war 40s. And it's amazing how today's household appliances are helping to take over the hard work. Everything is better than ever now. Some of the newer household items are here to prove it. Like our new electric washing machine. It does about everything but hang up the clothes. And electric ranges are a big improvement over those early models of the 1920s. And refrigerators are bigger and better than ever. It keeps vegetables garden fresh for days. There's a meat compartment and it can hold just as much food as ice cubes. Dishwashing has gone electric, too. And that's real progress, believe me. Now I no longer have to dry the dishes by hand after supper anymore. It gives me and Rover more of an opportunity to go walking together.

(Rover barks happily at the idea of a walk.)

JOHN: (chuckling) Not now, Rover, maybe later. (To audience) Oh, yeah, you know something else that's new? A new term on the radio. Fellow says, we've got something now called the "rat race". Did you ever hear that one? It sure describes my life. I'm involved with something now called commuting. I drive into the city for work all day, and then turn right around and drive all the way back. And the highway is crowded with other rats doing the same thing.

SARAH: (offstage; condescending) That's why they call it progress, dear.

JOHN: (To Sarah) Yeah, I guess you're right. (Back to audience) But we do have television now. (In low voice) Provided that it works. (Normal voice) It gives something to do when you get home. I kind of like it, you know? A guy named John Cameron Swayze gives us all the news and then they have all this singing and dancing. A lot of fluff, but it's fun.

(The right diorama opens to display Grandma and Grandpa near the TV. On the TV is an orchestra playing a soft tune. Grandpa is sound asleep.)

JOHN: And I hear tell that television will teach all kinds of things, like learning Latin and Greek.

GRANDAMA: (To Grandpa) Are you awake, dear?

(Grandpa snores, which answer's Grandma's question. She then switches the TV to a different channel, showing a boxing match.)

GRANDMA: All right, champ, come on! Give him a left, you lug! Pound him, champ! Give him a left!

JOHN: Well, everyone to his own taste, eh, Rover? (Rover barks) Now a new electronic age has descended on us.

(The left diorama lights up, revealing James working on a jack-o-lantern.)

JAMES: Hey, dad, what do you think of my jack-o-lantern here?

JOHN: (pretending to be scared) Ooh, that's really scary!

JAMES: That's 'cause I used my pretty sister Janie's picture for a model!

(James laughs, while Rover barks at James' remark about Jane.)

JOHN: Down, Rover. James, Rover likes your joke.

SARAH: (offstage) Aw, why are you guys always kidding poor Jane? She's much prettier than the three of you combined.

(John, James and Rover all howl. The diorama disappears.)

JOHN: Well, okay, where was I? Oh, remember back in the 20s when young people got their exercise by dancing the Charleston? Well, today our daughter Jane keeps in shape with electricity.

(The right diorama lights up again to reveal a college-aged Jane using an old-fashioned, vibrating exercise machine. She's talking on the phone.)

JOHN: The exercise machine, like the one Jane found in the attic, was all the rage back in the 20s. Grandma just had to have it. Hasn't worked then; doesn't work now. Least it's consistent, though. Makes noise and blows fuses. That's about all it's good for.

JANE: (her voice is shaky because of the vibrations of the machine) Babs, I'm having lots of fun at my first year of college. You should try it!

BABS: (over the phone) Say, Jane, are you going to that Halloween party tonight?

JANE: You bet! And I'm trying to knock a few pounds off myself before then. I'm going to go with that dreamboat, Maximilian!

BABS: Max?! He's a slug!

JANE: He's coming as the headless horseman.

BABS: Fits him like a glove.

JANE: Hey! That clodhopper Eric is no prize in a Crackerjack box himself.

(Jane's voice fades away as the diorama disappears.)

JOHN: Poor Eric. I forgot what they called me while I dated Sarah.

CUCKOO CLOCK: Cuckoo. Cuckoo.

(Rover barks at the cuckoo clock's bird's excellent timing.)

JOHN: (chuckling) Don't worry, Rover. You don't have to date. Well, nowadays we're all caught up in the new do-it-yourself craze. And my family's no exception. Such is the case of Sarah.

(The left diorama lights up, revealing Sarah on a ladder, applying wall paper to a wall. The wallpaper is a little crooked. It resembles an I Love Lucy episode. A small food mixer is humming on a table next to her.)

JOHN: What Sarah is doing is she's turning our basement into a rumpus room. And I'm certainly looking forward to some rumpuses, let me tell you, provided, of course, they don't get out of hand.

SARAH: John, can't you give me a hand here? The papering here's getting out of hand.

JOHN: Sarah, I thought I set up that nice automatic paint stirrer for you.

SARAH: Yeah, yeah, pure genius. But it will probably ruin my food mixer, though. Not that you'd care.

JOHN: (chuckling) Oh, Sarah. Always gets the last laugh.

(The diorama disappears while the hum of the mixer gets louder, faster and higher-pitched. Quickly, the food mixer's hum reaches its peak. We then hear paint splattering and Sarah screaming.)

JOHN: (terrified) Sarah, what happened?!

SARAH: Oh, you and your progress! That paint mixer of yours just sloshed paint across my rump... I mean, rumpus room.

JOHN: (laughing) How about that? It's like I always say: "If you marry someone, that someone should have a sense of humor." Well, actually, that accident couldn't have happened at a better time, because now it's time to move on and it's time to sing again. We'll use that song to try and cheer Sarah up. Come on, everybody!

JOHN AND CHORUS:

So there is act three; look for act four soon, which I'm actually having difficulty creating; can't anyone give me a hand? Thanks.

mharrington

Original Poster
I'm having a hard time trying to figure out who can play John. The present voice of John is Jean Shepard. However, Shepard had passed away recently, so can anyone find a good replacement?

PirateTreasure2

How about for the theme, you can use the They Might Be Giants version of There's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow in the way to the first scene and before you leave?

ENDING OF COP (NEW YEAR'S EVE 2027)

JOHN: AND WHEN IT BECOMES A REALITY,
IT'S A DREAM COME TRUE FOR YOU AND ME.
SO THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW
SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW, JUST A DREAM AWAY

(As the song ends the stage has everybody together for New Years Eve. Electronic piano music plays. The music is played by Jane.)

JOHN: Well I call this the best New Years Eve ever. Everything is better than ever here in the 2020s.

JANE: You're right dad. What could get better. My electric piano is great.

SARAH: Well the days from computer boxes to computers are gone forever. We have the E Glasses by GE.

GRANDMA: I remember the old days. Like when you had to...

SARAH: Cook from hand?

GRANDMA: Well yes. Ok let's get back to the New Years Eve Celebration. TV on Channel 95.

TV: Looking for Channel 95

News Caster: Here at Disneyland's California Adventure in Anaheim, California we are at it's capacity level. The park closed at 3:08 pm today. In just 15 minutes fireworks will go off.

JOHN: Temperature to 350.

OVEN: Temperature set on 350.

JAMES: It's time now.

News Caster: 3...2...1...Boooooooom!!!!!

(Fireworks go off.)

EVERYBODY: Happy New Year.

(Everybody starts to sing "There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow")

END STAGE

JOHN: Thank you for coming to Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress. Have a great new year.

mharrington

Original Poster
ENDING OF COP (NEW YEAR'S EVE 2027)

JOHN: AND WHEN IT BECOMES A REALITY,
IT'S A DREAM COME TRUE FOR YOU AND ME.
SO THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW
SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW, JUST A DREAM AWAY

(As the song ends the stage has everybody together for New Years Eve. Electronic piano music plays. The music is played by Jane.)

JOHN: Well I call this the best New Years Eve ever. Everything is better than ever here in the 2020s.

JANE: You're right dad. What could get better. My electric piano is great.

SARAH: Well the days from computer boxes to computers are gone forever. We have the E Glasses by GE.

GRANDMA: I remember the old days. Like when you had to...

SARAH: Cook from hand?

GRANDMA: Well yes. Ok let's get back to the New Years Eve Celebration. TV on Channel 95.

TV: Looking for Channel 95

News Caster: Here at Disneyland's California Adventure in Anaheim, California we are at it's capacity level. The park closed at 3:08 pm today. In just 15 minutes fireworks will go off.

JOHN: Temperature to 350.

OVEN: Temperature set on 350.

JAMES: It's time now.

News Caster: 3...2...1...Boooooooom!!!!!

(Fireworks go off.)

EVERYBODY: Happy New Year.

(Everybody starts to sing "There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow")

END STAGE

JOHN: Thank you for coming to Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress. Have a great new year.

I think that's a little too short. It needs to be lengthened quite a bit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom